MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
    Oh no, how will he survive when he isn't hitting behind one of the most overrated players in baseball that he is clearly better than?!
    I know u hate Howard for some reason. I understand. But him, Howard, Utley, Victorino, etc. is better than whatever the Nats have to offer.

Comment

• Originally posted by yodapoop View Post
      I know u hate Howard for some reason. I understand. But him, Howard, Utley, Victorino, etc. is better than whatever the Nats have to offer.
      Well he is right, Howard is probably the most overrated player in baseball, but i do agree with you. He has a lot more protection and and a lot more chances for run production.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
      I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• Run protection is a myth, and Zimmerman is a better hitter than Howard at this point anyway.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
          Well he is right, Howard is probably the most overrated player in baseball, but i do agree with you. He has a lot more protection and and a lot more chances for run production.
          I agree that Howard is soooo overrated too. I would literally find a way to destroy the world if the Cards did that trade Puols for Howard that people were talking about. He can hit a home run every now and then. But he strikes out three times as much. He is basically the real life version of Pedro Cerano. But yeah, it would not shock me to see Werth's stats digress a bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by yodapoop View Post
            I agree that Howard is soooo overrated too. I would literally find a way to destroy the world if the Cards did that trade Puols for Howard that people were talking about. He can hit a home run every now and then. But he strikes out three times as much. He is basically the real life version of Pedro Cerano. But yeah, it would not shock me to see Werth's stats digress a bit.
            I agree....love the Cerano comparison haha.

I think that Werth's production is going to go down quite a bit. He would have fit in great in Boston.

I think Boston feels that they HAVE to get one of the 2 big outfielders. Do you guys think they will give Crawford the big time contract? or do they still with Jacoby?

Originally posted by 49erNation85
            I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• Strikeouts don't really matter when you remain as patient as Howard was in the past (hell they don't really matter at all unless you're using it to evaluate a guy in the future), but his patience is getting worse and his power is declining at a pretty ugly rate.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                How much does Crawford get as a result of this overpayment?
                8 years, 160 million??
                "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Well Werth obviously doesnt care about winning ever again.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                  KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                    Well Werth obviously doesnt care about winning ever again.
                    Everyone has their price and 126 mil over 7 years sounds pretty good to me

Comment

Well Werth obviously doesnt care about winning ever again.
                      They have the second best third baseman in baseball, the best prospect in baseball (depending on how you feel about Trout though I suppose), and a guy who should be a top of the line pitcher when he's healthy in Strasburg. They will be ready to compete soon.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

They have the second best third baseman in baseball, the best prospect in baseball (depending on how you feel about Trout though I suppose), and a guy who should be a top of the line pitcher when he's healthy in Strasburg. They will be ready to compete soon.
                        And they play in a division with the Phillies and Braves. They're still a while away.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

And they play in a division with the Phillies and Braves. They're still a while away.
                          The Phillies are ******* old.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

The Phillies are ******* old.
                            Obviously isnt hurting them yet. They've won 4 straight division titles and make moves and throw money around like the Yankees/Mets/Red Sox these days. They're bound to be on top for a while longer.

Nats, while promising, are a perrenial 60ish game winner. I wouldnt expect a drastic turn around any time soon. They look great on paper damn near every year.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• just saw the werth deal. Terrible contract. The Nats are going to be regretting that in 3 years. Don't get me wrong, Werth should put up superstar numbers for the first few years as he always performs well when there's zero pressure but the way he plays, his body is going to break down halfway through that deal.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Obviously isnt hurting them yet. They've won 4 straight division titles and make moves and throw money around like the Yankees/Mets/Red Sox these days. They're bound to be on top for a while longer.

Nats, while promising, are a perrenial 60ish game winner. I wouldnt expect a drastic turn around any time soon.
                                You just totally ignored what Brodeur said, lol? Yes, they were good, but they are aging. Teams do not stay on top forever, and the Howard albatross is about to wreak havoc on that team very soon.

Perennial 60ish game winner, yet Brodeur used specific examples about why they are on the rise and you just said "they are bad and will always be bad". We said the same thing about the Rays.
                                "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information