MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
    He'll be fine, it's not that difficult to come back from Tommy John anymore.
    It's really not. I read an article last month with interviews from a couple scouts and gm's and they were saying how they basically expect a successful pitcher to tear their ucl once during their career. The issue is more mental than anything. Now, it's a different story if you have more than one or the dreaded shoulder problems.
    "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
      Mark Prior all over again.
      I wish Mark Prior's problems had been mere TJ surgery....he'd probably still be a ML pitcher if that was it...a damn good one too.

Comment

• When we asked him [Bill James] which was the next market inefficiency that teams could exploit this offseason, he dryly suggested "just watch what the [post-Minaya] Mets do."

<3.

Comment

• If the Yankees sign Crawford, does that mean Curtis Granderson gets traded?

I'd love to see him back in a Tigers uniform.
          R.I.P. L.E.F.
          "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
            Mark Reynolds for David Hernandez & Kam Mickolio

kind of feel like the D'Backs are selling low, don't know much about the O's guys though
            Selling low is an understatement.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• well as long as we replace him with someone like Lee i'll consider it a win

Comment

He'll be fine, it's not that difficult to come back from Tommy John anymore.
                depends on the type of TJ surgery. if it's a complete tear, you come back as strong or better. if it's a partial tear, you might never be the same.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• So the DBacks replace Reynolds with Melvin Mora.

Comment

• Gross, looks like the Pirates are close with Scott Olsen. :(

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                        depends on the type of TJ surgery. if it's a complete tear, you come back as strong or better. if it's a partial tear, you might never be the same.
                        I'm pretty sure it was a complete tear.

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                        If it helps, I won't make fun of Mark Grace as a commentator anymore.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• i dont get that, like why havent we found a way to tear it completely if its only partially torn

Comment

The Phillies are going to be financially strung out in a few years when everybody is on the decline except for Cole Hamels, and they have a pretty weak farm system with all of their trades of late. I suppose if Dominic Brown turns out to be a star, they could keep things going but ehh....

The braves should be able to pass the Phillies very very soon, maybe in 2011 considering how absurd their pitching depth is. The Mets are finally being run better, but they're situation is still kind of a mess, and I can't really predict the Marlins because of how ******** their movies this offseason have been...

And now back to my point about the Nationals. They have a franchise cornerstone (Zimmerman), the best prospect in baseball (Harper) who has ******* ridiculous power and will alone start drawing fans to the stadium, an exceptional pitcher (Strasburg) and now have laid the seeds for free agents to start coming to the city. I think the Werth deal is absolutely insane, but it's something of a message to the rest of the MLB and the fans in DC that they are going to do what it takes to compete. If Strasburg remains healthy and Harper blows through the minors, I see no reason why they can't compete in 2012 or 2013, and Werth should still have something left in the tank at that point.
                            Really Brodeur? I don't expect this from you.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• How exactly does Werth fill seats? He's a very good player but he's not really that big of a name and leaving CBP is going to hurt his numbers also even though he does well in Nats stadium.

As for the Mets spending money just to spend is a terrible idea. If the Mets put a winner on the field the fans will be there regardless of the payroll. Our new staff aren't a bunch of morons.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                                Really Brodeur? I don't expect this from you.
                                I don't care for your attitude Zak.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information