Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
    I don't care for your attitude Zak.
    Just getting you back from when you corrected me like 3 or so years ago.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
      If the Yankees sign Crawford, does that mean Curtis Granderson gets traded?

I'd love to see him back in a Tigers uniform.
      No. I doubt we get Crawford anyway but if we did, Swisher would likely be dumped.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
        As for the Mets spending money just to spend is a terrible idea. If the Mets put a winner on the field the fans will be there regardless of the payroll. Our new staff aren't a bunch of morons.
        They aren't morons obviously but they seem to want to run the Mets like a small market team. With their expertise and a big payroll they should be unstoppable. But this upcoming season Citi Field will be empty. And that will decide your 2012 budget which is supposed to be when you'll spend again.

Comment

• Not giddy about Reynolds, how could I be when he has the record for most strikeouts in a season. At the same time, we gave up David Hernandez who was decent, orginally a starter and seemed better in a reliever role. I feel like we won the trade no matter how bad it was for both.
          Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
          Coples is that dude.
          Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
            Mark Reynolds for David Hernandez & Kam Mickolio

kind of feel like the D'Backs are selling low, don't know much about the O's guys though
            Hernandez could be a quality 8th inning guy as soon as next year, and Mickolio, well....he has a cool name?

Comment

• My guess at the 2011 D'Backs

1. Joe Saunders L
              2. Ian Kennedy R
              3. Dan Hudson R
              4. Barry Enright R
              5. Zach Duke L

CL J.J. Putz R*
              SU David Hernandez R
              RP Juan Gutierrez R
              RP Brian Sweeney R
              RP Sam Demel R
              LOOGY ?

C Miguel Montero L
              1B Derrek Lee R*
              2B Kelly Johnson L
              SS Stephen Drew L
              3B Melvin Mora R
              RF Justin Upton R
              CF Chris Young R
              LF Brandon Allen L
              -
              Util Geoff Blum S
              1B Juan Miranda L
              LF Xavier Nady R
              C John Hester R
              OF Gerardo Parra L / Cole Gillispe R
              INF Tony Abreu S / Ryan Roberts R / Rusty Ryal R

* = Rumored FA Signings
              Last edited by fenikz; 12-06-2010, 03:44 PM.

Comment

• Jays in pursuit of Carlos Pena....would be a huge upgrade over Overbay. As long as it isn't for too long I would be pleased

Comment

• Pirates "deeply" interested in Jeremy Accardo. I wonder if this means that Meek/Hanrahan are out the door for a SS and/or SP. Accardo wouldn't be too bad, but I think I'd perfer Manny Corpas in this situation.

Comment

• I would love for the Yankees to get Matt Diaz. He's a better fielding option for the role that Thames filled well last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                      They aren't morons obviously but they seem to want to run the Mets like a small market team. With their expertise and a big payroll they should be unstoppable. But this upcoming season Citi Field will be empty. And that will decide your 2012 budget which is supposed to be when you'll spend again.
                      They've already come out and said they are going to use the Red Sox as the model for our future. We're going to spend more money in the upcoming draft and when we get all our pieces together they are going to spend when they need to. We might have a lower payroll the next year or two but they aren't going to run the franchise like a small market team, in fact it will be the opposite. If there are no players to spend the money immediately that's fine.
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by djp View Post
                        It's really not. I read an article last month with interviews from a couple scouts and gm's and they were saying how they basically expect a successful pitcher to tear their ucl once during their career. The issue is more mental than anything. Now, it's a different story if you have more than one or the dreaded shoulder problems.
                        I have gone through the Tommy John situation, got a fatty scar on my elbow. Its not fun by any means, if you rehab it correctly everything says you will come back throwing harder, i am right now.....compared to before the surgery.

Labrums and Rotator cuffs are the hardest to come back, some say it is almost impossible to come back from a rotator cuff. Rest is the most important things with pitchers, since ive gotten to college Ive only played summer ball for one season because i feel that those 3 months of rest are very important for arm care. The guys i played with that have gotten drafted dont even pick up a ball for a month or 2 after their season is over, so rest is most certainly not a bad thing.

With all of these surgeries alot of it is mental like you said, if you are tentative or worried at all, it really isn't going to work, and you can just re-injure. To me i took it slow, but you get to a certain point where you gotta just say **** it and stop babying the thing.

Truth of the matter is, that just about every pitcher in baseball has a frayed or partially torn labrum, just from constant throwing, and they are more than capable with throwing with it, just cant let it get too serious.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                        I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                          If the Yankees sign Crawford, does that mean Curtis Granderson gets traded?

I'd love to see him back in a Tigers uniform.
                          Another guy who used to be linked to the Braves. If that were to happen, I'd put Atlanta right around the top of potential suitors. Even though, they have a very similar player already in Mclouth...if he returns to form, that is.

It's funny...Atlanta misses out on these guys the first time around, but a lot of them still find their way to ATL a year or two later.
                          Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 12-06-2010, 05:48 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                          KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                            I would love for the Yankees to get Matt Diaz. He's a better fielding option for the role that Thames filled well last year.
                            I just want him to be an every day guy somewhere. haha. Its been a long time coming.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                            KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                              Another guy who used to be linked to the Braves. If that were to happen, I'd put Atlanta right at around the top of potential suitors. Even though, they have a very similar player already in Mclouth...if he returns to form, that is.

It's funny...Atlanta misses out on these guys the first time around, but a lot of them still find their way to ATL a year or two later.
                              Don't insult Grandy by comparing him to McLouth.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Putz to Diamondbacks, 2 year deal with club option, is official.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information