Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
    http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...0-150-million/

Yankees to offer 6 years, $140-150M. Is that beatable?
    Yes, especially if he enjoys keeping his soul.

I would say the Cubs should offer, but we are supposedly in talks to acquire Matt Garza, so who needs Cliff Lee?

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post

I would say the Cubs should offer, but we are supposedly in talks to acquire Matt Garza, so who needs Cliff Lee?
      I've always liked Garza as a playoff pitcher. He always seems to raise his game in the post season. Not to shabby during the season either. It will be interesting to see where he ends up if he is traded.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post

Whichever team wants to make it to the series.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
        I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• Will Cliff Lee be good for 7 years?

Comment

• Garza would be a very nice addition to an NL team. I was hoping the Mets would make a run at him or Shields. I think the Marcum trade has gone under the radar a little bit. I like Lowrie but I think Marcum has a very good chance to put up huge numbers for the Brewers. I'm assuming a Garza trade would have to net something similar in return.
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Will Cliff Lee be good for 7 years?
              I highly doubt it but he was a late bloomer so anything is possible.
              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                Garza would be a very nice addition to an NL team. I was hoping the Mets would make a run at him or Shields. I think the Marcum trade has gone under the radar a little bit. I like Lowrie but I think Marcum has a very good chance to put up huge numbers for the Brewers. I'm assuming a Garza trade would have to net something similar in return.
                Supposedly it centers around the Cubs being able to include Fukudome in the deal somehow. No idea on what other pieces.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
                  saw that coming 1 billion miles away
                  What's the view look like from 6 galaxies over?
                  R.I.P. L.E.F.
                  "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Will Cliff Lee be good for 7 years?
                    That's hard to see. He's the type of pitcher that ages very well though, usually. Think he can play for another seven, but I doubt he would be worth the money after four or even three.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I doubt he's worth the 7th year. The Yankees seem to be putting their foot down at 6 years, and would rather way overpay per year for 6 years than give him the 7th.

Comment

• MOTH, Brave fans, or anyone in general, what is the status of Brandon Beachy? Will he be in the rotation? Will he be in the bullpen? Or will he be in a similar situation that Chris Resop was in?

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
                          Xio said Jackson is the best defensive center fielder baseball. He's not as good as Franklin Gutierrez, but he is up there.
                          Yes, that's what I meant. I subtracted the 'defensive' for some reason. Clearly he is no where close to be the best overall center fielder in baseball. Gutierrez I would certainly take over Jackson, in addition to guys like Byrd, Bourn, and Span. I'm bias, and he didn't play CF all year, but Angel Pagan is also an amazing center fielder.
                          (shameless self-promotion)
                          Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                          https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                            What's the view look like from 6 galaxies over?
                            not too shabby.I highly reccomed visiting sometime

Comment

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                              Yes, that's what I meant. I subtracted the 'defensive' for some reason. Clearly he is no where close to be the best overall center fielder in baseball. Gutierrez I would certainly take over Jackson, in addition to guys like Byrd, Bourn, and Span. I'm bias, and he didn't play CF all year, but Angel Pagan is also an amazing center fielder.

Span kinda sucked in the field last year, and is a much better corner outfielder than centerfielder. His UZR was solid but he makes too many mental errors.

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                                MOTH, Brave fans, or anyone in general, what is the status of Brandon Beachy? Will he be in the rotation? Will he be in the bullpen? Or will he be in a similar situation that Chris Resop was in?
                                As it stands now...Bullpen or AAA. We already have Lowe, Hudson, Hanson, Minor, and Jurrjens in the rotation. He's the odd man out and the Braves are apparently shopping him. So assuming we dont trade Lowe, he wont be in the rotation.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                                KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information