No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would just again like to thank Bill Smith for being stupid enough to trade JJ Hardy for crap.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Carlllllllllllllllll Crawfordddddddddddddddddd

Comment

• From the Royals SB Nation blog. Made me laugh at least.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
          I would just again like to thank Bill Smith for being stupid enough to trade JJ Hardy for crap.
          I don't know anything about the 2 guys we got for him, do you? At least they took Brendan Harris with JJ
          "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Aren't Guerrier and Crain free agents soon? Those pitchers they got might be their replacements. Don't know much about them either.

Comment

• Originally posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
              Aren't Guerrier and Crain free agents soon? Those pitchers they got might be their replacements. Don't know much about them either.
              Both are currently free agents, and neither Jacobson nor Hoey are ready to contribute in a big league bullpen.

Favourite picks of the Rule V have to be Emaus and Beato. Good ****, Sandy Alderson, building a team small and effectively.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• During the winter meeting the Dodgers resigned Vincente Padilla to give us a solid #6 in our bullpen/rotation, then the Dodgers signed Tony Gwynn and Dioner Navarro. I don't know what this means for Russell Martin in Los Angeles, I sure hope he comes back to compete for the 3rd base job with Casey Blake, I hope he has a resurgence kinda like Brandon Inge did when he moved positions. What's next for the dodgers? people say we could be in line to sign FA Bill Hall because Ned Colletti likes his big right handed bat and the fact that he can play the infield as well as the out.

Comment

• Originally posted by djp View Post
                  I don't know anything about the 2 guys we got for him, do you? At least they took Brendan Harris with JJ
                  Jacobson is a 24 year old reliever with decentish stuff but has never been above High A (and I doubt will ever be very good), and Hoey is 28 with a nice fastball that gives him high strikeout numbers in the minors but he won't ever do anything in a major league bullpen because his control is awful.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Yeah I read they want to put 2nd base Ichiro at 2nd and Casilla at short. Alexei Casilla at short? I just don't know about that.....

Comment

• Originally posted by yodapoop View Post
                      Yeah I read they want to put 2nd base Ichiro at 2nd and Casilla at short. Alexei Casilla at short? I just don't know about that.....
                      He has a strong enough arm for it, but as a whole I just don't like the thought of having to rely on Casilla all season. I would have much preferred to keep Hardy and continue to use Alexei in the utility role that he was in last year. Oh well, Gardy wanted to infuse some speed in our infield and I guess he's gonna get it.
                      SKOL VIKINGS!

Comment

• I'd give you my thoughts on Melky but it requires too many *'s

Comment

• O's and Laroche have mutual interest in each other...

C: M. Wieters
                          1B: A. Laroche
                          2B: B. Roberts
                          3B: M. Reynolds
                          SS: JJ Hardy
                          LF: F. Pie
                          CF: A. Jones
                          RF: N. Markakis
                          DH: L. Scott

With a rotation of:

Guthrie/Matusz/Bergy/Arrieta/Tillman

if the young pitching continues to develop there's no reason we shouldn't be at the very least a .500 team

Comment

• Better hope Wieters takes that next step.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                              Better hope Wieters takes that next step.
                              Wieters' doesn't worry me, it's like Buck said, the guy was amazing with the pitching staff last year, he worried about being a catcher before being a hitter, now that he knows how to handle a staff I'm confident the hitting with follow.

Comment

• Ehh handling the staff doesn't take a whole year and your offense shouldn't be that bad regardless. Just an excuse.
                                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information