Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Also look at Posey and Santana who came up and hit right away plus had no problem with their starters and they aren't even known for their defense.
    #Chop


    sig by BoneKrusher

    Comment


    • Posey came up playing 1b didn't he? and Santana spent significantly more time in the minors if I'm also not mistaken. Wieters never called games at GaTech, only spent a full year in the minors, adn then was asked to call every pitch in a Major League setting, again, I'm not worried about him.

      and Santana's stats don't exactly amaze me either...

      as for Posey, I'm sure having Timmeh, Cain, and Sanchez didn't hurt his ability to call a game.
      Last edited by ccB; 12-09-2010, 05:14 PM.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
        Posey came up playing 1b didn't he? and Santana spent significantly more time in the minors if I'm also not mistaken. Wieters never called games at GaTech, only spent a full year in the minors, adn then was asked to call every pitch in a Major League setting, again, I'm not worried about him.
        Santana was only a full time catcher for 2 years in the minors. Posey played both 1B and C this year but way more games as a C. I'm not arguing about the defense I'd be worried about the bat if I were you. He was a good hitter and lost his ability to hit because he had to work on his defense? I don't buy that at all.
        #Chop


        sig by BoneKrusher

        Comment


        • Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
          Both are currently free agents, and neither Jacobson nor Hoey are ready to contribute in a big league bullpen.

          Favourite picks of the Rule V have to be Emaus and Beato. Good ****, Sandy Alderson, building a team small and effectively.
          opinion on the 2 guys AZ got

          Joe Paterson, LHP, Fresno (SF)
          Jose Rivero, OF, West Tenn (SEA)

          Comment


          • Wieters knows how to hit, but sacrificed his hitting to become a better all around player and yet thats a bad thing????

            Not to mention, what protection did he have this year in that lineup not to mention how he was constantly shifted through the lineup with the team having 3 managers throughout the season. Some seem to ignore facts in lieu of the what have you done for me lately mentality.
            Last edited by BigDawg819; 12-09-2010, 07:46 PM. Reason: Typo on player

            Magical sig by OSUGiants

            SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


            Originally posted by Job
            On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
            Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

            So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

            Comment


            • Santana had an .868 OPS compared to Wieters .695 and that doesn't impress you?
              #Chop


              sig by BoneKrusher

              Comment


              • Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                Wieters knows how to hit, but sacrificed his hitting to become a better all around hitter and yet thats a bad thing????

                Not to mention, what protection did he have this year in that lineup not to mention how he was constantly shifted through the lineup with the team having 3 managers throughout the season. Some seem to ignore facts in lieu of the what have you done for me lately mentality.
                Or in this case, what have you done for me ever? It's not like he has a proven major league hitting resume.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                  Wieters knows how to hit, but sacrificed his hitting to become a better all around hitter and yet thats a bad thing????

                  Not to mention, what protection did he have this year in that lineup not to mention how he was constantly shifted through the lineup with the team having 3 managers throughout the season. Some seem to ignore facts in lieu of the what have you done for me lately mentality.
                  What protection did Santana have in the Indians lineup? He had less than Wieters. I don't buy for one minute Wieters sacrificed his hitting ability to become a better all around hitter. That just makes zero sense.
                  #Chop


                  sig by BoneKrusher

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                    Santana was only a full time catcher for 2 years in the minors. Posey played both 1B and C this year but way more games as a C. I'm not arguing about the defense I'd be worried about the bat if I were you. He was a good hitter and lost his ability to hit because he had to work on his defense? I don't buy that at all.
                    It's not defense, it's calling a game. Do you realize how much preparation a catcher has to put into not only learning what his pitchers are capable of, but what every hitter his pitcher will face is capable of as well? There is a lot of preparation that goes into it, far more difficult than you are making it out to be.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                      opinion on the 2 guys AZ got

                      Joe Paterson, LHP, Fresno (SF)
                      Jose Rivero, OF, West Tenn (SEA)
                      Paterson should be solid in the Arizona bullpen immediately, and I have no idea why they picked up Rivero. He's not even close to major league ready.


                      RIP TheManInBlack

                      Comment


                      • that was for the AAA part

                        Comment


                        • Calling a game is also vastly overrated.

                          Comment


                          • What can you tell me about the Twins rule 5 pick Scott Diamond? I've read that he's likely going to be a reliever, maybe a LOOGY.

                            sig by BK and avy by me
                            Originally posted by A Perfect Score
                            If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

                            Comment


                            • Could easily replace Nick Blackburn as a starter, since he is better and all.


                              RIP TheManInBlack

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                                Could easily replace Nick Blackburn as a starter, since he is better and all.
                                Absolutely no argument here, I have a very strong dislike towards Blackburn. It just sounded like they were planning on turning him into a reliever.

                                sig by BK and avy by me
                                Originally posted by A Perfect Score
                                If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information