No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something to think about with Votto is that most Canadians in MLB are historically from BC. That's a long way from Toronto, so they probably wouldn't feel much stronger towards Toronto than any MLB city, if at all. Votto though is not only from Canada, but from the Greater Toronto Area. So the pull to sign with the Blue Jays is probably going to be stronger for him than for other Canadian baseball players. Him leaving is still a bit of a longshot. Like Chucky said, if he played for the Blue Jays he'd be Canada's favourite athlete, after like 300 hockey players. He's already probably Cincinatti's favourite athlete, period.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
    Originally posted by njx9
    do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• Canada's favorite athlete is clearly Pete Orr.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

Comment

• Since Cliff Lee still hasn't made up his mind, that must make some Yankees fans a little uneasy...

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
          Since Cliff Lee still hasn't made up his mind, that must make some Yankees fans a little uneasy...
          One thing that's working heavily in your favor is income tax laws. Rangers can outbid the Yankees without actually having to outbid them.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I know everyone here said there's no way Texas would get Lee, but I have to say... it's sounding more and more like the Rangers have a chance! This is some crazy stuff. They might get Greinke TOO! OMG. That would be insane.

Comment

• I thought you didn't want the Rangers to sign Lee for the amount of money he will command.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                I thought you didn't want the Rangers to sign Lee for the amount of money he will command.
                I have mixed feelings about it. There is possible good and there is possibly bad (if he regresses/gets hurt).

But if you've been keeping up with this thread then you know deep down I've wanted them to resign Lee for a long time. I'll definitely feel a little crushed inside if he doesn't resign. Sucks even more because it's the Yankees.

I'd really panic if we didn't get Lee or Greinke. That would be the ultimate worst. So if you want to see me in real pain, you should hope for that Chucky. I know you monitor my feelings closer than anyone on this forum. lol ;)

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
                    Something to think about with Votto is that most Canadians in MLB are historically from BC. That's a long way from Toronto, so they probably wouldn't feel much stronger towards Toronto than any MLB city, if at all. Votto though is not only from Canada, but from the Greater Toronto Area. So the pull to sign with the Blue Jays is probably going to be stronger for him than for other Canadian baseball players. Him leaving is still a bit of a longshot. Like Chucky said, if he played for the Blue Jays he'd be Canada's favourite athlete, after like 300 hockey players. He's already probably Cincinatti's favourite athlete, period.
                    He grew up in REXDALE! and went to the worst school of life, Richview :| i hate that school, DON BOSCO FTW!

but you guys have to realize, he grew up in Toronto, fans here show the most passion, imo, to their sports teams than most of the sports fans for other markets. Also, the Jays are on the rise and he has to hate the Sox and Yankees since he grew up here. If we pay up, I believe we can steal him away

Comment

• Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
                      He's already probably Cincinatti's favourite athlete, period.
                      This. Votto is God in Cincinnati. No other city could possibly love him more than Cincinnati does. And another thing I'd like to point out: His best friend, Jay Bruce, just signed an extension for 6 years.

<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
                      <@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
                      <+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
                      <+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.

Comment

• Crawford introduced :)

Yankees reportedly offered Martin a 1 year deal. I'm willing to bet we're offering more years. He's an important sign IMO. We still need a 700+ OPS RH in our lineup and Martin has a chance to do that. That's not even mentioning our catching woes.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Martin should come to the Jays although I don't see it happening.

Comment

• Sounds like the Cubs are the frontrunners for Matt Garza right now.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                              Crawford introduced :)
                              You guys better appreciate him! Tampa raised him from a pup. I can't tell you the number times my friends and I were driving across the bridge to get to MLBs very own Sams Club warehouse known as Tropicana field knowing that we just spent the little bit of money we had to witness 1 of that years 100 losses and not caring because we get to see baseball's best keep secret play LF that day. You just got a guy that got his first hit as Tampa Bay Devil Ray, you also just got a guy that will his 3,000th hit as a member of Boston Red Sox.

And I hope he smacks the p1ss outta Youkilis like Manny did just for GP alone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                                Sounds like the Cubs are the frontrunners for Matt Garza right now.

For what? If Garza gets traded for a handful of mid tier minor leaguers my head will explode.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information