No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rangers have started to go aggresively after Beltre so many people think that's because Lee and and the Yanks are close to a deal.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Olney reports Yankees sign Russel Martin as well.

Comment

• Lee is supposedly going to sign with somebody today, according to the Dallas Morning News.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Dear Jays,

Be that ******* mystery team

Sincerely,

Jays fans and Yankee haters everywhere

Comment

• Originally posted by Damix View Post
            Olney reports Yankees sign Russel Martin as well.
            I really would like that signing. I don't care what the money is, doesn't really matter as long as it's one year. Batting ninth in a lineup like the Yankees could let him rebound to some of his previous years. Allows us not to rush Montero or Romine as well.

Comment

• Don't see why Martin would pick the Yankees over the Red Sox if the dollar figures were equal. We're capable of giving him more AB's and hitting further up in the lineup. We'll see with that one. I would be pretty disappointed if that were true.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                Don't see why Martin would pick the Yankees over the Red Sox if the dollar figures were equal. We're capable of giving him more AB's and hitting further up in the lineup. We'll see with that one. I would be pretty disappointed if that were true.
                How are you capable of giving him more ABs? Maybe a few more by hitting 7 or 8 over 9 but thats it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                  How are you capable of giving him more ABs?
                  Jason Varitek sucks. And I thought that Jesus was the starter going into the season (or at least until he totally bombs as a defender)?

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

How are you capable of giving him more ABs? Maybe a few more by hitting 7 or 8 over 9 but thats it.
                    We don't have a catching prospect coming down the pipe that he has to worry about and we're starting Salty and Varitek going into the year. He would hit higher in the order, potentially as high as 6th. Wouldn't be insurgence for a guy in case he bombs, might have a future here if he plays well.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

I guess because he doesn't have to split time with Jorge only Varitek and Salty both of who aren't very good.
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                        We don't have a catching prospect coming down the pipe that he has to worry about and we're starting Salty and Varitek going into the year. He would hit higher in the order, potentially as high as 6th. Wouldn't be insurgence for a guy in case he bombs, might have a future here if he plays well.
                        If we sign Martin, Monetero will start in AAA. And Martin will be our starter. He'd start the majority of the games.

Comment

• Martin would also be able to DH a solid amount on the Yankees as well. Not so much on the Sox

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                            I guess because he doesn't have to split time with Jorge only Varitek and Salty both of who aren't very good.
                            Jorge's not catching this year. If he starts 10 games at catcher unless because of injury, I'll be shocked.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                              Martin would also be able to DH a solid amount on the Yankees as well. Not so much on the Sox
                              This I doubt. Jorge is going to be the everyday DH.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                                Martin would also be able to DH a solid amount on the Yankees as well. Not so much on the Sox
                                No he wouldn't. The Yankees have a rotating door of Posada/A-Rod/Jeter at DH.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information