No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah the Yanks don't have any room at DH either. Jesus is going to have to DH the 2nd half of the year when he gets called up as well.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• If they sign Martin, they are signing him to start 100-110 games this year at catcher. The only thing that would stop that is if Montero either improves his defense so much he forces the issue (not happening), or Montero is just embarassing AAA pitching so much that his defense won't even matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
        If they sign Martin, they are signing him to start 100-110 games this year at catcher. The only thing that would stop that is if Montero either improves his defense so much he forces the issue (not happening), or Montero is just embarassing AAA pitching so much that his defense won't even matter.
        I personally think the latter is going to happen. The last choice though would be you guys don't sign Lee, panic, and trade Montero for a SP.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
          I personally think the latter is going to happen. The last choice though would be you guys don't sign Lee, panic, and trade Montero for a SP.
          There is no SP rumored to be had worth trading Montero for. Not even Greinke. He's too much of a wild card for NY.

Comment

• I don't think the Yanks are going to be able to handle Mike Napoli-esque defense back there. Of course, Posada and Cervelli both blew defensively last year but they will probably look like world beaters compared to Jesus.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

There is no SP rumored to be had worth trading Montero for. Not even Greinke. He's too much of a wild card for NY.
              Hence the panic part.
              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Montero for Armandao Galarraga.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                  Montero for Armandao Galarraga.
                  Not good enough, the scrub couldn't even throw a Perfect Game.
                  #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I don't think the Yanks are going to be able to handle Mike Napoli-esque defense back there. Of course, Posada and Cervelli both blew defensively last year but they will probably look like world beaters compared to Jesus.
                    Cervelli is very good defensively. He couldn't throw out a runner last year because he kind of became AJ's personal catcher. And AJ is the easiest pitcher in baseball to run on. Doesn't matter who is behind the plate.

Comment

Hence the panic part.
                      I don't think they'd panic. Cashman isn't the type to do that. They'd probably hold off and wait to see what's available in June/July.

Comment

I don't think they'd panic. Cashman isn't the type to do that. They'd probably hold off and wait to see what's available in June/July.
                        Ownership might.
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Cervelli is very good defensively. He couldn't throw out a runner last year because he kind of became AJ's personal catcher. And AJ is the easiest pitcher in baseball to run on. Doesn't matter who is behind the plate.
                          http://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/201...fense-rankings

I know defensive metrics can be off, but that is unbelievably bad.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Ownership might.
                            They don't make decisions. Except signing the checks.

Comment

• Sources saying Toronto and KC in talks about Greinke...AL East raping apparently. I wish the O's could get him but even so it would be a strech to make playoffs... maybe in 2-3 years. Wishful thinking.
                              Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                              Coples is that dude.
                              Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

http://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/201...fense-rankings

I know defensive metrics can be off, but that is unbelievably bad.
                                Well I'm not familiar with how those stats are computed, nor do I care, but numbers aren't numbers in a vacuum. They stand for something real. I'm not sure what they said about Cervelli in 2009 when he was excellent. But his main problem in 2010 was catching AJ all the time. Who can't even come close to holding a runner, and has no idea where the ball is going half the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information