MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
    They don't make decisions. Except signing the checks.
    You don't really believe that. They don't make the moves per se but they can easily tell Cashman that he needs to make a big move. Every owner has the last say.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
      You don't really believe that. They don't make the moves per se but they can easily tell Cashman that he needs to make a big move. Every owner has the last say.
      I don't think Hal really cares that much to tell Cashman he must get such and so player. He's certainly not his dad. I don't think he ever really wanted this job but sort of beared the burden for his family. He's a smart guy, he deals with business and is smart enough to let Cashman do his thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
        I don't think Hal really cares that much to tell Cashman he must get such and so player. He's certainly not his dad. I don't think he ever really wanted this job but sort of beared the burden for his family. He's a smart guy, he deals with business and is smart enough to let Cashman do his thing.
        I don't think he tells him to go get a specific player but if the Yanks landed nothing in FA this year I think he might have a problem with that. Ownership clearly was involved in the Jeter situation as well. I think if it was up to Cashman he would have hardballed Jeter even more.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
          I don't think he tells him to go get a specific player but if the Yanks landed nothing in FA this year I think he might have a problem with that. Ownership clearly was involved in the Jeter situation as well. I think if it was up to Cashman he would have hardballed Jeter even more.
          Cashman probably would have. But Jeter isn't your normal contract.

Comment

• Just waiting for Lee to announce... so I can freak or weep.

Comment

• Originally posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
              Sources saying Toronto and KC in talks about Greinke...AL East raping apparently. I wish the O's could get him but even so it would be a strech to make playoffs... maybe in 2-3 years. Wishful thinking.
              any word on what the return would be?

Comment

• Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
                any word on what the return would be?
                Vernon Wells....straight up homie

Comment

• Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                  Vernon Wells....straight up homie
                  I know that's sarcasm but I kinda hope that happen s so Dayton Moore can get fired alot faster

Comment

• Martin to the Yankees is not done yet. Some kind of twitter wording thing as usual.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Evening Biatches. Just got back from 8 days in Mexico. Did yall miss me?
                      The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• I know I did. Did you know the Dodgers signed Eugenio Velez?

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Apparently, the Phillies are still in on Cliff Lee. Seems like a big long-shot, but how ridiculous would that rotation be? Halladay-Lee-Oswalt-Hamels-Doesn't Matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
                            Apparently, the Phillies are still in on Cliff Lee. Seems like a big long-shot, but how ridiculous would that rotation be? Halladay-Lee-Oswalt-Hamels-Doesn't Matter.
                            Joe Blanton doesn't matter, he would fill that last slot quite well.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I remember bringing that up a few weeks ago. My erection still hasn't subdued since then and it isn't going to anytime soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                                Joe Blanton doesn't matter, he would fill that last slot quite well.
                                They may have to try and give away Blanton's $8.5 million salary (lol) if they are going to afford Lee.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information