No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHATEVER I JUST WANT ANDY BACK HE'S THE REAL STUD LEFTY IN THIS FA CLASS!
    Andy for Cy young! WHOOOO
    We ALL bleed scarlet
    New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
    UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
    Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
    BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
      Well I wouldn't advocate throwing batteries at her, pushing her down stairs, or inducing yourself to vomit it on her, so yeah Philly does have a bad rap.
      Yes, because EVERYONE knows that New York fans are just the epitome of class and they're all model citizens. Right. Feel free to remove your head from your ass at any point.

Hey, Philly's No. 3 starter had a 1.74 ERA in Philly last year. New York's had a 5.26. Have fun with that one- should be a good one. New York spent the whole offseason obsessing over one player that the Phillies got in less than 24 hours. Good times.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
        Yes, because EVERYONE knows that New York fans are just the epitome of class and they're all model citizens. Right. Feel free to remove your head from your ass at any point.

Hey, Philly's No. 3 starter had a 1.74 ERA in Philly last year. New York's had a 5.26. Have fun with that one- should be a good one. New York spent the whole offseason obsessing over one player that the Phillies got in less than 24 hours. Good times.
        Well AJ is probably our number 4 in all reality, but yeah he sucks. Although he's probably due for a big year since he's so up and down. Who do you like more the Phillies or Sox?

Comment

• I'm really, really hoping the Red Sox go in and get Russell Martin in all the confusion. We need a starting catcher desperately. I would even be fine with offering him a mistake contract just for the chance to get a good catcher for a few years because that's going to be an area of weakness for a long time.

Also, Red Sox are in on Joe Blanton for some reason. Deal was reportedly done earlier, but it isn't. Only reason we would pull the trigger there is if we found some way to move Daisuke for some value and were looking to pick up a 5th starter.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• The weird thing about all of this is why did the Phils let Lee go in the first place if they were willing to pay him this all along. Did they really have to wait and save money on Werth? He only made 7 million last year. They might have won the World Series last year had they had him.

As for the Yankees. Andy just probably made a couple more million. Not really a big deal. I'd try and trade for Greinke if we didn't have to give up Jesus. Otherwise no, he's too much of a risk. With Tampa Bay likely missing out on their window and being significantly worse next year, I think we have a cushion for a while to wait until June/July.

Comment

Is that much of a better shot for a ring? Maybe only cause it's the NL?
              You're better then this..........

The Yankees have to battle the Red Sox each year for the division, whereas the Phillies will walk through the NL East with that rotation, and can matchup with the World Series Champs pitcher for pitcher. This Yankee entitlement garbage has gone on far enough.......

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
              On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
              Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

• http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/1...ll-martin.html

Yanks sign Martin

bonekrusher
                The Twitters
                themaninblack

Comment

• kk....Greinke should be getting moved soon. Moore was probably just waiting for Lee to sign so that there would be more suitors.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
                    Damn. Supposedly just a one year deal to. Not sure I wouldn't have gone two even if it was a mistake later if I was Theo.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post

The Yankees have to battle the Red Sox each year for the division
                      And Tampa as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post

The Yankees have to battle the Red Sox each year for the division, whereas the Phillies will walk through the NL East with that rotation, and can matchup with the World Series Champs pitcher for pitcher. This Yankee entitlement garbage has gone on far enough.......
                        I guess. It is an easier route than to the playoffs. But once he's there he's not in any better shape than if he had signed with the Yankees. Apparently, amazingly enough, he just really likes Philadelphia. He might need a brain scan.

Comment

And Tampa as well.
                          Tampa won't be nearly as good anymore.

Comment

I guess. It is an easier route than to the playoffs. But once he's there he's not in any better shape than if he had signed with the Yankees.
                            Right. Sabathia/Lee/Pettitte/Burnett = Halladay/Lee/Oswalt/Hamels, right?

Mmmm. butthurt entitlement. It's awesome.

Comment

Right. Sabathia/Lee/Pettitte/Burnett = Halladay/Lee/Oswalt/Hamels, right?

Mmmm. butthurt entitlement. It's awesome.
                              Well Hughes would probably be the 4 but thats just rotation. Yankee lineup and bullpen likely to be better. Playoffs are crap shoot in MLB anyway. See Burrell and Ross becoming San Fran heros.

Comment

• Pirates are talking to Lyle Overbay. I can dig it. His average is down in recent years, but he's still a doubles machine and can play solid defense.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information