Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
    That's understandable, but would you be willing to risk 27 million dollars on you being healthy enough to pitch a full MLB season five years down the road, at 37 years old?

    Idk, it doesn't seem like he did it because ultimately it was a better deal financially, but because it provided the best situation for him and he didn't really give up all that much money either. I don't think he ever really considered New York, and used them more as leverage.
    The insiders mistagged Lee if thats even a word. They had him as a guy who was looking for every last cent. Which they said was part of the reason why the Phillies traded him in the first place. But in the end he was never really that guy.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by BuckNaked View Post
      Not only does that not rhyme, but it's absolutely devoid of any actual creativity or effort on your part.
      I think you missed the point. I was just teasing the Yankees.

      Comment


      • I think this is one of the only times i have seen the Yankees really set out for a guy and not end up with him. Seems like whoever they want, they get. I honestly think they are going to panic after seeing what the Bo Sox did and give KC their whole ******* farm system for Greinke.



        Originally posted by 49erNation85
        I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

        Comment


        • Yankees sign their back up plan

          Mark Prior

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
            Yankees sign their back up plan

            Mark Prior
            In some alternate reality where Prior doesn't kill his arm, this is the story of the offseason.

            R.I.P. Junior Seau

            Comment


            • Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
              I think this is one of the only times i have seen the Yankees really set out for a guy and not end up with him. Seems like whoever they want, they get. I honestly think they are going to panic after seeing what the Bo Sox did and give KC their whole ******* farm system for Greinke.
              Obviously you don't remember Greg Maddux.

              I'm not concerned with the loss of Lee, of course I would of liked to have him, but if Pettitte comes back I am still confident in our chances at winning it all.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Damix View Post
                Obviously you don't remember Greg Maddux.

                I'm not concerned with the loss of Lee, of course I would of liked to have him, but if Pettitte comes back I am still confident in our chances at winning it all.
                The yankess are the type of team that are going to get jealous of the Bo Sox. The yankees are the ones that are supposed to be making the noise, and now that they arent....its going to piss them off.



                Originally posted by 49erNation85
                I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
                  The yankess are the type of team that are going to get jealous of the Bo Sox. The yankees are the ones that are supposed to be making the noise, and now that they arent....its going to piss them off.

                  The Yankees of old are not the Yankees of new. They might make a trade for a starter, who knows. But Cashman won't make a ridiculous overpay like George used to make him.

                  Maybe a Montero + Banuelos deal happens, but I'd be surprised as that is a lot of value to give up.

                  Comment


                  • Yanks respond to the Cliff Lee signing by signing Mark Prior to a minor league deal
                    JORDYZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

                    Comment


                    • Prior + Martin is a giant bottle of suck. Come on Yanks.
                      The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by EvilMonkey View Post
                        Yanks respond to the Cliff Lee signing by signing Mark Prior to a minor league deal
                        Haha. That's been rumored for a few weeks now.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
                          The yankess are the type of team that are going to get jealous of the Bo Sox. The yankees are the ones that are supposed to be making the noise, and now that they arent....its going to piss them off.
                          I know the Red Sox added some nice pieces. But they also lost some really good players as well. The guys they brought in are better but it's not like they're adding to an already stacked team offensively. For instance I find it hard to believe Crawford will ever produce a season like Beltre did last year. They're still going to have a 7-8-9 of Scutaro, Ellsbury, and Salty/Varitek.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                            I know the Red Sox added some nice pieces. But they also lost some really good players as well. The guys they brought in are better but it's not like they're adding to an already stacked team offensively. For instance I find it hard to believe Crawford will ever produce a season like Beltre did last year. They're still going to have a 7-8-9 of Scutaro, Ellsbury, and Salty/Varitek.
                            You're missing the Adrian Gonzalez part. He's a legit threat to hit 45+ homers in Fenway this year. Crawford could also be in for a similar power surge. Theo said part of the reason he signed him is because they think that he's getting to a point in his career where he's going to be able to hit more homers. We'll likely stick him in the middle of the lineup and tell him to slug the ball. That's more than enough to replace Beltre and Vic(who was a non-factor for extended periods of time) and we really weren't that far away offensively either.

                            R.I.P. Junior Seau

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                              You're missing the Adrian Gonzalez part. He's a legit threat to hit 45+ homers in Fenway this year. Crawford could also be in for a similar power surge. Theo said part of the reason he signed him is because they think that he's getting to a point in his career where he's going to be able to hit more homers. We'll likely stick him in the middle of the lineup and tell him to slug the ball. That's more than enough to replace Beltre and Vic(who was a non-factor for extended periods of time) and we really weren't that far away offensively either.
                              I don't think the power surge will be as much as you think for both lefthanders. Especially for Crawford. He's never even hit 20 in his career. It's a pretty safe bet that he'll never have a single year as good as Beltre's last year. Gonzalez is a huge upgrade. My point was just that it wasn't like you guys had scrubs that are being replaced with superstars. These were some pretty good players. I'm actually suprised their hasn't been a big stink about Crawford's contract.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                                You're missing the Adrian Gonzalez part. He's a legit threat to hit 45+ homers in Fenway this year. Crawford could also be in for a similar power surge.
                                Does he play for the Yankees/New York team? No? Then he's going to suck.

                                /Jughead.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information