Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Sniper View Post
    Does he play for the Yankees/New York team? No? Then he's going to suck.

    /Jughead.
    Who are you a fan of again?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
      It's a pretty safe bet that he'll never have a single year as good as Beltre's last year.
      He finished with 12 RBI less than Beltre. You don't think he can improve by 10-15 RBI with the Boston lineup? Mmk, then. I'm sure his 45-50 stolen bases don't help at all, either.

      Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
      Who are you a fan of again?
      Boston/Philly.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Sniper View Post
        He finished with 12 RBI less than Beltre. You don't think he can improve by 10-15 RBI with the Boston lineup? Mmk, then. I'm sure his 45-50 stolen bases don't help at all, either.



        Boston/Philly.
        RsBI? REALLY SNIPER?


        RIP TheManInBlack

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
          RsBI? REALLY SNIPER?
          I used RBI. Sue me.

          Comment


          • Comment


            • Originally posted by iBoldin View Post
              Phenomenal.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                He finished with 12 RBI less than Beltre. You don't think he can improve by 10-15 RBI with the Boston lineup? Mmk, then. I'm sure his 45-50 stolen bases don't help at all, either.



                Boston/Philly.
                Crawford's a very good player. But Beltre was excellent last year. And Crawford will never be as good Beltre was last year. Plus Beltre would have been a ton cheaper. For as much of an uproar that the Werth contract got, I'm just really suprised nothing's been said about Crawford's.

                Boston and Philly? 2 teams? Is that like the old phrase about 2 QBs? Really having none.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                  He finished with 12 RBI less than Beltre. You don't think he can improve by 10-15 RBI with the Boston lineup? Mmk, then. I'm sure his 45-50 stolen bases don't help at all, either.



                  Boston/Philly.
                  Who are you cheering for this upcoming world series when they face off agasint each other? It's gonna be tough!



                  BoSox need to hurry up and sign some bullpen help so I can say that and feel good about it
                  -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                    Crawford's a very good player. But Beltre was excellent last year. And Crawford will never be as good Beltre was last year. Plus Beltre would have been a ton cheaper. For as much of an uproar that the Werth contract got, I'm just really suprised nothing's been said about Crawford's.

                    Boston and Philly? 2 teams? Is that like the old phrase about 2 QBs? Really having none.

                    Instead of looking at it as Beltre VS Crawford...
                    Look at it as

                    AGonz >>> Beltre
                    Crawford >>> VMart
                    -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Nalej View Post
                      Who are you cheering for this upcoming world series when they face off agasint each other? It's gonna be tough!
                      Probably Boston, though going to another parade would be a swell time.

                      BoSox need to hurry up and sign some bullpen help so I can say that and feel good about it
                      Sure would be nice.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                        I don't think the power surge will be as much as you think for both lefthanders
                        Why? Fenway is a fantastic place for LH's to hit. You get to wear out the wall and we moved RF in in the off season to. Think it's completely reasonable to think Gonzalez playing in Petco(look at the Park Factors) to hit a ton more out.


                        Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                        Especially for Crawford. He's never even hit 20 in his career. It's a pretty safe bet that he'll never have a single year as good as Beltre's last year.
                        Hit 19 last year. I'm not going to pretend to say I've seen every Rays game, but he was asked to be the #2 hitter last year and be more of a contact guy. Rays did a lot of hit and run type stuff with him. When he batted #3 and had more license to swing away, his slugging percentage rose a lot. Hit almost half his homeruns there in half the AB's. That's not even mentioning the fact his power numbers are trending upwards in the right direction. Don't think it's entirely unreasonable to think he can be a 20-25 homerun guy next year if we tell him to try to hit them and coach him to do it.

                        Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                        Gonzalez is a huge upgrade. My point was just that it wasn't like you guys had scrubs that are being replaced with superstars. These were some pretty good players. I'm actually suprised their hasn't been a big stink about Crawford's contract.
                        Not at all, but we're replacing them with vastly superior player in at least one instance and a comparable one that also doesn't have a good chance to fall off the face of the earth.

                        R.I.P. Junior Seau

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                          Boston and Philly? 2 teams? Is that like the old phrase about 2 QBs? Really having none.
                          ISN'T ANYONE GOING TO GIVE US CREDIT FOR CONTAINING MIKE VICK IN A LOSS? NO? ANYONE? Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. PAY ATTENTION TO MEEEEEE!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                            Why? Fenway is a fantastic place for LH's to hit. You get to wear out the wall and we moved RF in in the off season to. Think it's completely reasonable to think Gonzalez playing in Petco(look at the Park Factors) to hit a ton more out.
                            I didn't know you moved RF in. Fenway has just always been a righties haven. I've just never been a huge Crawford fan. He always been a better fantasy player than a real player in my opinion. Kind of like Reyes. My other peeve on him also has been playing LF. If he put up numbers like that in CF, it'd be a different story. Why hasn't he ever seriously played there? He has the speed obviously.

                            Comment


                            • The downgrade in defense from Youk going to third is pretty damn significant, so you can't exactly overlook that in comparing how much better Gonzo is than Beltre.


                              RIP TheManInBlack

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Nalej View Post
                                Instead of looking at it as Beltre VS Crawford...
                                Look at it as

                                AGonz >>> Beltre
                                Crawford >>> VMart
                                The whole issue he is trying to make is, it not comparing these players as a whole, its about replacing last years production.

                                While Gonzalez is a much better bet to continue his hitting prowess in the long run, Beltre had a monster year last year while also playing excellent defense at a more valuable position.

                                According the fgWAR, Beltre had a 7.1, while Adrian had a 5.9. Even if you project Adrian to hit better at Fenway (projections like this are dangerous, you never want to pay big money for someone to be better then what they currently are, thats how teams get burned) he still is replacing a player that outperformed him.

                                Crawford on the other hand, did out perform Martinez, 5.9 to 4.1, so you are right, he is better, but not amazingly so.


                                So while I agree that the 2 players signed are better then the 2 players departing, did the team really get better? I'd say no, they just now have a better chance to stay the same.


                                If the Red Sox improve this year it is because of returns to health and bounce back year from Youk, Pedroia and some of their SP.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information