No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're comparing a third baseman to a first baseman, and Beltre's strength was completely zapped at Safeco during a good portion of his prime.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
      Don't be simple. If you're going to bat in the 3/4 hole... RBIs are your job
      Would you rather compare Beltres career OPS of 790 to Gonzalez 875?
      Or that he's topped 800 4 times in his career while Gonzalez has done each of the past 5 years?
      Considering our general manager doesn't believe RBI exists, I'm hesitant to use them in a Red Sox argument haha.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
        Considering our general manager doesn't believe RBI exists, I'm hesitant to use them in a Red Sox argument haha.
        Because Theo Epstein is a goddamn genius.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• I'd love to see what people think about a player hitting in the 4 spot who hits 28 HRs and gets only 28RBIs but has an OBP of 400
          Is that guy better than someone who hits 28HRs/100 RBI/ 370 OBP...?
          -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

I'd love to see what people think about a player hitting in the 4 spot who hits 28 HRs and gets only 28RBIs but has an OBP of 400
            How would that be mathematically possible? It just doesn't work that way.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

I'd love to see what people think about a player hitting in the 4 spot who hits 28 HRs and gets only 28RBIs but has an OBP of 400
              Is it his fault there was no one on base during his home runs?

The issue with RBI is opportunity, not everyone gets the same ones.

Comment

Uhhhh..........why are you asking that? It's not the first guys fault that he isn't getting any help.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

It depends if no one is getting on or he just doens't hit with men in scoring position.

Comment

• I guess the implied thing in there was *clutch*... like QBs who's stat line look good at the end of the game but did squat during the first 3 qtrs when the game mattered.
                    BARISP, I guess. Which AGonz was damn near a 400 hitter at
                    -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

I guess the implied thing in there was *clutch*... like QBs who's stat line look good at the end of the game but did squat during the first 3 qtrs when the game mattered.
                      BARISP, I guess. Which AGonz was damn near a 400 hitter at
                      Well that's at least better. RBI doesn't prove that. Beltre's numbers in his career don't change too much between no one on, runners on, and RISP. Where Gonzo's numbers do get better with guys on base and in scoring position. But only last year did he hit .400 with RISP, over his career he's much lower than that.

Comment

• Does the extra 30% of OBP translate into 62 or more runs scored? You win games by scoring runs, and you play to win the game....hello! You play to win the game!

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

• Originally posted by senormysterioso View Post
                          Does the extra 30% of OBP translate into 62 or more runs scored? You win games by scoring runs, and you play to win the game....hello! You play to win the game!
                          I think Pedroia and Youkilis do that over Bill Hall and Mike Lowell.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Ever since the playoffs started we've had a ton of new posters in here.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I still miss when it was you and I birthday boy.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                                I still miss when it was you and I birthday boy.
                                Well the core has changed now. I guess we'll have to adapt.
                                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information