• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Diaz signs a 2 year deal with the Pirates

RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
      I'd love to see what people think about a player hitting in the 4 spot who hits 28 HRs and gets only 28RBIs but has an OBP of 400
      Is that guy better than someone who hits 28HRs/100 RBI/ 370 OBP...?
      How many doubles and triples is this terribly unlucky baseball player getting, and how many is the second guy getting? Because as it stands, ceteris paribus, the first guy is better.
      Last edited by mqtirishfan; 12-14-2010, 11:47 PM.

Comment

• 2 years/$12 million for Kevin Gregg? DID YOU NOT LEARN YOUR LESSON LAST YEAR ORIOLES? Jesus ******* Christ.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post
          Sucks for the Phiphth guy.
          It's Kyle Kendrick, so no one cares.

Comment

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
            They're so ******* predictable, it's sad. A bunch of randoms posting on a football forum called it hours ahead of time, and i bet their crack-team of writers was sitting there for hours till one says "aha! the FOUR ACES!"
            I know. I see the writers at ESPN mostly as a bunch of ivy league C-students who spent most of their collegiate career playing Madden and checking their fantasy football team. Which is fine, but they all still have a half finished novel saved on their laptops and every one of them thinks that they're the most clever mother ****** on the planet.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
              It's Kyle Kendrick, so no one cares.
              I was talking to my friends about this. We decided watching Kendrick pitch will be like watching the Lions play every Thanksgiving. You know they suck, you know its going to be a blowout, but you are going to enjoy it anyway because everything else going on is so awesome.

Let's just hope the offense can stay relatively healthy and the platoon of Francisco/Gload (assuming that's what we're going to open with in RF) and eventually Brown turns out to be half-decent and Brown doesn't bust like the last few OF prospects we've had come up that sucked for us but broke out for other teams.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Only 4 million for Russell Martin. Not bad. Arb eligible for next year too if he turns it around.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grizzlegom View Post
                  I was talking to my friends about this. We decided watching Kendrick pitch will be like watching the Lions play every Thanksgiving. You know they suck, you know its going to be a blowout, but you are going to enjoy it anyway because everything else going on is so awesome.

Let's just hope the offense can stay relatively healthy and the platoon of Francisco/Gload (assuming that's what we're going to open with in RF) and eventually Brown turns out to be half-decent and Brown doesn't bust like the last few OF prospects we've had come up that sucked for us but broke out for other teams.
                  I liked to have compared Kyle Kendrick to Charlie Brown, but I think he might be the replacement for Durbin out of the 'pen as the longman. Kendrick seemed better in that role, he hit 94 a couple times....then again, he's Kyle Kendrick.

If they do that, it looks like Worley gets it unless Andrew Carpenter or Austin Hyatt steal it from him during ST.
                  Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

• Matt Guerrier to Dodgers. Good move for them.
                    http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angele...ory?id=5922480

Comment

• Originally posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
                      Matt Guerrier to Dodgers. Good move for them.
                      http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angele...ory?id=5922480
                      I have no idea what Theo is doing letting all these relievers walk. He was a guy I suspected us to be in on.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                        I have no idea what Theo is doing letting all these relievers walk. He was a guy I suspected us to be in on.
                        Guerrier is nothing special.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                          I've been wondering instead of pursuing a big pitcher in trade, the Yankees try and sign Soriano to screw the Sox a bit, and then rely on probably what would be the best 8th/9th combination in a long time until they can maybe swing a deal at the deadline.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                            Yeah, but he's better than most of the guys we have. He probably doesn't deserve three years though.

More surprised about Downs than anyone to be honest. I thought after we popped our type A cherry with Crawford we would go after hard for sure.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                              Guerrier would be terrible for the Red Sox. He grew up a Twin, which means, does not play well against Yankees. So prolly not a good sign for the Red Sox there. Good for the Dodgers tho.

Comment

• People with greater baseball intelligence than I, Yankees supposedly interested in Carlos Zambrano. Who could they get in return if they pay most of the contract and if they pay a small sum of it. Anything?

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information