Our bullpen is officially UPGRADED!

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/mlb...e=MLBHeadlines
    -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
      BoSox signed D.Wheeler to a one year deal
      Our bullpen is officially UPGRADED!

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/mlb...e=MLBHeadlines
      Yup, Wheeler helps a lot. We're really going for it this year. Hopefully Andrew Miller contributes later in the year and is effective because there's our lefty if it works out.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Cant wait to get this Uggla extension done.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
          Yup, Wheeler helps a lot. We're really going for it this year. Hopefully Andrew Miller contributes later in the year and is effective because there's our lefty if it works out.
          Doubront is our Lefty entering the season. Hopefully Miller works out bc two lefties are better than one.
          Not sure what reliever will get bumped from the 25 if Miller gets called up though
          -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/ml...jon&id=5931753

"It's never been about the money for me," Wood said. "It's about being home and being here at Wrigley, which is home for me."
            Wood and Hendry got to talking at Ryan Dempster's previously planned charity event after the funeral and the erstwhile ace settled on a one-year, $1.5 million bargain deal to be Carlos Marmol's set-up man.
            "God bless No. 10," said Hendry, a sentimental sort who chokes up about Santo. "Actually, in his own great way, he had something to do with this. It was really wasn't on the radar until last weekend."

"Honestly, it probably wouldn't have come up," Wood said. "We just kind of saw each other. Me and [my wife] Sarah walked into the service and saw those familiar faces, and we started talking. & It kind of happened quick. I talked with the wife after the service and that night I saw Jim at Demp's charity event and just said, 'Let's see if we could do something.' "
            <3<3<3 Kerry Wood. Maybe not the best Cubs statistically, but he will always be one of the greatest and most beloved Cubs.

Oh, and this too...

All I know is it's good to say "We've got Wood" once again.

Comment

• Good for Wood. Glad he's sort of found a place at the end of his career after all that happened.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                Good for Wood. Glad he's sort of found a place at the end of his career after all that happened.
                Yea, I mean he was only gone for 2 years so it's not like "he's finally returning", but a lot of fans were upset when we let him go. It was understandable, as he got a lot more money than the Cubs were going to give him, but none the less, it's great to have him back.

Comment

• i've always loved kerry wood and LOVED it when the yankees traded for him. he's the freaking man
                  We ALL bleed scarlet
                  New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                  UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                  Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                  BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• It still upsets me about what happened to Mark Prior.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                      It still upsets me about what happened to Mark Prior.
                      Supposedly a juicer, from a couple guys i know that play at USC. Everyone in L.A. says he was on roids. Could explain it.

Regardless i remember loving to watchin him when i was younger and talking about how i wanted his mechanics....boy, was i wrong.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                      I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

It still upsets me about what happened to Mark Prior.
                        He would have had shoulder problems eventually.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• We've had this discussion before but at the time his mechanics were considered perfect. As for the juicing thing who knows. I'm so sick of it.
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• The juicing thing has nothing to do with his injuries. And Prior has similar mechanics to Bonderman and Smoltz, both of whom have had arm injuries. Granted, they weren't as debilitating as Prior's, but that can partially be linked to being overworked I suppose.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

We've had this discussion before but at the time his mechanics were considered perfect. As for the juicing thing who knows. I'm so sick of it.
                              Yes, i know they were considered perfect but its turned out that equal opposites isnt good.

I was just saying what ive heard.

Chill a little.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                              I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• Not exactly a very reputable source, but rumor is Grienke and Betancourt to the Brewers for Cain, Escobar, & Jeffress

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports...112137964.html
                                JORDYZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information