• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Absolutely uncalled for.
    R.I.P. L.E.F.
    "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• Ugh. Why didn't the Phillies get Greinke? That 5th starter spot is a glaring weakness.
      The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• I agree Borat. Trade Dom Brown and whoever else. Would be absolute epicness.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
          Ugh. Why didn't the Phillies get Greinke? That 5th starter spot is a glaring weakness.
          I would have offered up Dom Brown and change just to say that I had the best 5-man starting rotation imaginable.
          R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
            The Brewers have done an excellent job building that pitching staff back up.
            You have no idea the joy it fills me with to see Brewers, pitching, and excellent in the same sentence. Our rotation next year will be
            Greinke
            Gallardo
            Marcum
            Wolf
            Narveson (most likely - there is a small chance that Capuano or Parra beats him out but I doubt it)

This also means that Prince is going nowhere. The only way he's getting traded is if we're about 8 games out by the deadline. If that happens you can almost count on a fire sale to restock the cupboards. It looks like what's going to happen is we let Prince walk and take the class-a free agent compensation from him.

If we can add one or two more arms to the bullpen I really like our chances this year.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

• Horrible trade for KC. They got dick in return.

Comment

• Yeah, for all of the talk that they wanted an arm and leg, they didn't get a lot. Detroit could have made that sort of offer.
                R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• I don't get why everybody thinks they got fleeced so bad. I think that on paper we won the trade, but not by a landslide. They got two good young big league ready players and a 20 year old arm that has potential to be a top of the rotation starter.

A lot of things had to come together for this deal to happen. Not only did the Royals have to find a package that they like, but they had to find a situation that Greinke liked.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• That haul for KC is hardly the arm + leg they were asking for. It was more like an appendix + a 20% off coupon to Bed Bath & Beyond.
                    The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
                      That haul for KC is hardly the arm + leg they were asking for. It was more like an appendix + a 20% off coupon to Bed Bath & Beyond.
                      Hey, the Giants are World Series Champions.

Comment

• Originally posted by senormysterioso View Post
                        You have no idea the joy it fills me with to see Brewers, pitching, and excellent in the same sentence. Our rotation next year will be
                        Greinke
                        Gallardo
                        Marcum
                        Wolf
                        Narveson (most likely - there is a small chance that Capuano or Parra beats him out but I doubt it)

This also means that Prince is going nowhere. The only way he's getting traded is if we're about 8 games out by the deadline. If that happens you can almost count on a fire sale to restock the cupboards. It looks like what's going to happen is we let Prince walk and take the class-a free agent compensation from him.

If we can add one or two more arms to the bullpen I really like our chances this year.
                        Mark Rogers would like to be included in your scenario.

And the reason that no one likes this trade is because absolutely no one involved is an elite level prospect. Escobar is a very good defensive shortstop, but will never be more than average as a hitter. Cain is a slightly above average centerfielder, but is nowhere near great. Druggie is going to be a reliever, and relievers are never woth all that much (although he could be an excellent one).

Jake Odorizzi is the wild card I guess. If he can develop into an elite prospect, MAYBE this trade looks better.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                          Mark Rogers would like to be included in your scenario.

And the reason that no one likes this trade is because absolutely no one involved is an elite level prospect. Escobar is a very good defensive shortstop, but will never be more than average as a hitter. Cain is a slightly above average centerfielder, but is nowhere near great. Druggie is going to be a reliever, and relievers are never woth all that much (although he could be an excellent one).

Jake Odorizzi is the wild card I guess. If he can develop into an elite prospect, MAYBE this trade looks better.
                          I think you meant Jeffress.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• You could make the argument that the Jays got a better deal for Marcum than the Royals did for Greinke.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Boston View Post
                              I think you meant Jeffress.
                              I can't call him Druggie?

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Do we know for sure if Jeffrees is in the deal or not?

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information