No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think this is an ok deal for Kansas City...it isn't like they were going to compete this year anyway. Yeah they lose their solid ace in Grienke, but they were going to lose him in FA anyway. Given the fact that they recieved a solid prospect in Odorizzi, and an MLB ready SS in Escobar. Jerermy Jefferies could be a steal if the kids can ever get his head on straight. He has a rocket arm, but a ten cent head.

If I was the Royals FO I would have tried to pick up Angel Salome in the deal, as the Royals can desperately use an upgrade at the catching position over Kendall and Pena. Plus Salome would give Wil Meyers ample time to get ready in the minors, and not be called up before he is ready.

The Royals have a few pieces now...Butler, Aviles, Maier, and maybe Francoeur. I am hoping that the escape from the hometown pressure will revive Francoeur's career. The arms aren't what you would want in a starting rotation, but the farm system is stacked with some of the kids being a few seasons, if not closer, to being in Kansas City. The infield looks ok...with Aviles, Escobar, Getz, and Butler going left to right. While Maier, Cabrera, and Francoeur are a servicable outfield.

With all that said they farm system, arguably the best in the minors, should be putting some very talented players in KC within the next year or so. I would say Moustakas and Hosmer get September call ups, Meyers and Colon is 2012, with Eibner also being a possible 2012 guy. Then we look at the pitching that they Royals are loaded with. Crow, Lamb, Montgomery, Duffy, Melville, Dwyer, Odorizzi, and Jefferies. Wow, thats a lot of talent they have collected. However, it is not like all of those guys will pan out, but the Royals future looks quite promising. I am sure they know that they will not be competing for a AL Central/WS crown in the near future, so they hold onto the pieces that they have, and try to make a run with a solid core in 2013 that could look like this....

C - Wil Meyers
    1B - Eric Hosmer
    2B - Alcides Escobar
    SS - Christian Colon
    3B - Mike Aviles
    LF - Mike Moustakas
    CF - Jordan Parraz
    RF - Brent Eibner
    DH - Billy Butler

SP - Mike Montgomery
    SP - Aaron Crown
    SP - John Lamb
    SP - Danny Duffy
    SP - Jake Odorizzi
    CL - Joakim Soria

Obviously, this would be best case scenario, with all prospects working out to the best of their potential. But there is hope in the near future for Kansas City Royals fans.
    Last edited by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006; 12-19-2010, 03:53 PM.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig

Comment

• Lorenzo Cain doesn't figure into your projection for KC?
      R.I.P. L.E.F.
      "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• Did you seriously just mention Francoeur and not Cain?

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• I like all of these Ace pitchers moving over to the NL. Can Felix Hernandez be next?

I'd also like to see "Tiger killer" Carl Pavano sign over there too.
          R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
            I like all of these Ace pitchers moving over to the NL. Can Felix Hernandez be next?

I'd also like to see "Tiger killer" Carl Pavano sign over there too.
            The Cards will take them off the Mariners' hands. Hopefully they are awful as Kansas City and just take a buch of mediocrity for an ace pitcher.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
              Lorenzo Cain doesn't figure into your projection for KC?
              Im my honest opinion, which could be terrible wrong in this case, I feel he could have been a one year wonder at the plate last year. He hadn't hit anywhere before the 2010 season, and finally put up career numbers in AA and AAA. We shall see how he performs, but as of now I will keep an eye on him.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by yodapoop View Post
                The Cards will take them off the Mariners' hands. Hopefully they are awful as Kansas City and just take a buch of mediocrity for an ace pitcher.
                A 23 year old ace coming off a Cy Young season, and is now locked in for the next five years? Yeah, he's not going anywhere.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• I think Escobar's year shows he's not an MLB ready SS.
                  #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                    A 23 year old ace coming off a Cy Young season, and is now locked in for the next five years? Yeah, he's not going anywhere.
                    I don't know why people think Seattle will trade him for anything less than a historic deal.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• parker, saunders, skaggs, borchering, davidson, owings?

Comment

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                        parker, saunders, skaggs, borchering, davidson, owings?
                        For Felix? Heh.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
                          Im my honest opinion, which could be terrible wrong in this case, I feel he could have been a one year wonder at the plate last year. He hadn't hit anywhere before the 2010 season, and finally put up career numbers in AA and AAA. We shall see how he performs, but as of now I will keep an eye on him.
                          God, you better hope not. He was the centerpiece of the trade.
                          R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• Parker is too much of an unknown after coming off TJ.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I'm sorry I was here to voice my displeasure on Cliff Lee's decision. I feel as if I let some of you down.

Comment

• God I love this trade.

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                                You could make the argument that the Jays got a better deal for Marcum than the Royals did for Greinke.
                                No way. I'd argue that Odirizzi alone is a better return than Lawrie. Add in Cain, Escobar, and Jeffress, and they're not even comparable.
                                Originally posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
                                If I was the Royals FO I would have tried to pick up Angel Salome in the deal, as the Royals can desperately use an upgrade at the catching position over Kendall and Pena. Plus Salome would give Wil Meyers ample time to get ready in the minors, and not be called up before he is ready.
                                Salome isn't even catching anymore; he asked for a position change. He went from a AAA catcher to an A+ OF/DH. Completely ruined his stock.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information