Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post
    God I love this trade.

No way. I'd argue that Odirizzi alone is a better return than Lawrie. Add in Cain, Escobar, and Jeffress, and they're not even comparable.
    Salome isn't even catching anymore; he asked for a position change. He went from a AAA catcher to an A+ OF/DH. Completely ruined his stock.
    Lawrie to me is the best prospect out of that bunch. I'd rather get quality over quantity. It would look better if the Jays got one more prospect but considering the differences between the 2 pitchers that deal was a homerun.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• IF the Brewers perform poorly despite their new additions, do you think they gut the team and start over?

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
        IF the Brewers perform poorly despite their new additions, do you think they gut the team and start over?
        if they're struggling by the break this year then they'll probably move Prince and try to set themselves up for a run in 2012 with more pitching...

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
          IF the Brewers perform poorly despite their new additions, do you think they gut the team and start over?
          -Fielder walks after this year
          -Greinke stays two years then walks, or if we're out of it in 2012 he's dealt at the deadline
          -We attempt to resign Marcum, if we can't reach a deal see Greinke

That's what will happen no matter how we do.

Comment

• What about Weeks? He needs to be re-signed also.
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
              What about Weeks? He needs to be re-signed also.
              They've been working on it. I'd count on a deal getting done, especially since we already traded Lawrie.

Comment

• how is Lawire from a power standpoint? I know we tried Hill at SS when he was a rookie and it wasn't a good fit. He was more comfortable at 2B, so moving him to 3B wouldn't be a good idea. Could Lawire play 3B and put up the number typical of one?

Maybe have him at SS and play Escobar at 3B, but does he have the power to be a 20-30 HR guy?

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                  God I love this trade.

No way. I'd argue that Odirizzi alone is a better return than Lawrie. Add in Cain, Escobar, and Jeffress, and they're not even comparable.
                  Salome isn't even catching anymore; he asked for a position change. He went from a AAA catcher to an A+ OF/DH. Completely ruined his stock.
                  I just read an article about that...seems he couldn't throw out anybody anymore. I didn't know he was only 5'7"...going to be tough for him to make it anywhere else besides catcher.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
                    I think this is an ok deal for Kansas City...it isn't like they were going to compete this year anyway. Yeah they lose their solid ace in Grienke, but they were going to lose him in FA anyway. Given the fact that they recieved a solid prospect in Odorizzi, and an MLB ready SS in Escobar. Jerermy Jefferies could be a steal if the kids can ever get his head on straight. He has a rocket arm, but a ten cent head.

If I was the Royals FO I would have tried to pick up Angel Salome in the deal, as the Royals can desperately use an upgrade at the catching position over Kendall and Pena. Plus Salome would give Wil Meyers ample time to get ready in the minors, and not be called up before he is ready.

The Royals have a few pieces now...Butler, Aviles, Maier, and maybe Francoeur. I am hoping that the escape from the hometown pressure will revive Francoeur's career. The arms aren't what you would want in a starting rotation, but the farm system is stacked with some of the kids being a few seasons, if not closer, to being in Kansas City. The infield looks ok...with Aviles, Escobar, Getz, and Butler going left to right. While Maier, Cabrera, and Francoeur are a servicable outfield.

With all that said they farm system, arguably the best in the minors, should be putting some very talented players in KC within the next year or so. I would say Moustakas and Hosmer get September call ups, Meyers and Colon is 2012, with Eibner also being a possible 2012 guy. Then we look at the pitching that they Royals are loaded with. Crow, Lamb, Montgomery, Duffy, Melville, Dwyer, Odorizzi, and Jefferies. Wow, thats a lot of talent they have collected. However, it is not like all of those guys will pan out, but the Royals future looks quite promising. I am sure they know that they will not be competing for a AL Central/WS crown in the near future, so they hold onto the pieces that they have, and try to make a run with a solid core in 2013 that could look like this....

C - Wil Meyers
                    1B - Eric Hosmer
                    2B - Alcides Escobar
                    SS - Christian Colon
                    3B - Mike Aviles
                    LF - Mike Moustakas
                    CF - Jordan Parraz
                    RF - Brent Eibner
                    DH - Billy Butler

SP - Mike Montgomery
                    SP - Aaron Crown
                    SP - John Lamb
                    SP - Danny Duffy
                    SP - Jake Odorizzi
                    CL - Joakim Soria

Obviously, this would be best case scenario, with all prospects working out to the best of their potential. But there is hope in the near future for Kansas City Royals fans.
                    Got a date and time?

Comment

• Jonathan Mayo's take on KC's haul

http://m.mlb.com/kc/news/article/2010121916345962

Comment

• stupid double post

Comment

• The Royals should deal Soria. For the prices everyone is paying for relief help this offseason they could get a couple pieces for him.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• Originally posted by dabears10 View Post
                            The Royals should deal Soria. For the prices everyone is paying for relief help this offseason they could get a couple pieces for him.
                            Yeah, they should let Doug Melvin bend them over and **** the **** out of them again.

Comment

• Originally posted by dabears10 View Post
                              The Royals should deal Soria. For the prices everyone is paying for relief help this offseason they could get a couple pieces for him.
                              They should. There is no bigger waste of money than a high paid closer on a terrible team.

Comment

• Soria will be gone at the deadline next year.
                                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information