No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roberto Alomar should not have been in this year or last year or ever until Alan Trammel makes it in at the very least.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
      Roberto Alomar should not have been in this year or last year or ever until Alan Trammel makes it in at the very least.
      Hey I didn't say he deserved that, I just think crap like spitting in an umpire's face keeps people away. And yeah, 90% is crazy for Alomar I think.

Comment

• I don't think Alomar is overrated at all. Career .814 OPS at 2B with excellent defense. The OPS would be much higher if he didn't stick around those last 2 years as well.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
          I thought the cutoff was 15? The first half of teams.
          I bet you are right.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
            I bet you are right.
            it is usually 15..... but two top picks from last year didnt get signed.... those two teams get another protected first round pick. so normally you are right..... but for this year i am hahaha

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

• Originally posted by proshoota25 View Post
              it is usually 15..... but two top picks from last year didnt get signed.... those two teams get another protected first round pick. so normally you are right..... but for this year i am hahaha
              aaah cleverrrrrrr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                I don't think Alomar is overrated at all. Career .814 OPS at 2B with excellent defense. The OPS would be much higher if he didn't stick around those last 2 years as well.
                Every single defensive metric thinks he is insanely overrated. I don't care if you think those are unreliable, for ALL of them to say he is...

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• It's about time Bert. And to think if your run support didn't suck dick for the majority of your career and you had 13 more wins you would have been in 10 years ago. **** people are stupid.

Comment

• Hey, HoF!

Kiss my ass mother *******!

bonekrusher
                    The Twitters
                    themaninblack

Comment

• Speaking of guys better than Roberto Alomar...

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Speaking of guys better than Roberto Alomar...

Hey how did that get in here...

bonekrusher
                        The Twitters
                        themaninblack

Comment

• Alomar's bronze bust should be of him spitting in that umps face, with a big loogie flying out of his mouth

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post

Hey how did that get in here...
                            I have no idea why he got so little percentage of the vote. Bagwell was insanely good and belongs in the hall of fame.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Every single defensive metric thinks he is insanely overrated. I don't care if you think those are unreliable, for ALL of them to say he is...
                              I remember reading about this recently, it sucks that HOF voters still don't get it. Alomar is still a HOF'er, but probably shouldn't have gotten 90% vote considering some of the other guys on the list.

Congrats to Bert though, he should have been in a while ago.

Comment

Koji was phenomenal last year, so I don't see why it would be a committee.
                                That he was, however Gregg made it clear that he wanted the opportunity to close games. Throw in Jim Johnson as well.

And yes, Alomar is just awfully overrated. I would've wanted to see Larkin, Lee Smith, and Dave Parker (and B.J. Surhoff for personal reasons) get in

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information