No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave Parker and Lee Smith? Uhhh.......

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Congrats to Roberto Alomar. I used to have an Alomar jersey when I was really young. Hopefully he goes in as a Jay and becomes the first Jay to ever make it to the hall.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chucky View Post
        Congrats to Roberto Alomar. I used to have an Alomar jersey when I was really young. Hopefully he goes in as a Jay and becomes the first Jay to ever make it to the hall.
        It's gotta be between Toronto and Cleveland. He has the World Series titles in Toronto, but better individual success in Cleveland.

For some reason I always think of him as an Oriole though.

Comment

• **** Robbie Alomar, that AIDS infested ******.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
            Dave Parker and Lee Smith? Uhhh.......
            I consider Parker to be among the greatest hitters of the 1970s and early 80s. Granted, he did finish his career as a fat piece of **** DH, but for the majority of his career he was a 5-tool all star.

Lee Smith should definitely garner consideration since Goose, Eck, and Bruce Sutter have all been elected.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
              I consider Parker to be among the greatest hitters of the 1970s and early 80s. Granted, he did finish his career as a fat piece of **** DH, but for the majority of his career he was a 5-tool all star.

Lee Smith should definitely garner consideration since Goose, Eck, and Bruce Sutter have all been elected.
              Parker was garbage outside of a good fight year stretch, and Lee shouldn't get in just because the BBWAA were dumb enough to put in Sutter and Eck.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Bagwell should be in as well but I don't know if that's ever going to happen. How do defensive metrics work for older players? UZR is based on people that actually chart the plays during the game and didn't start until after Alomar retired.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                  Bagwell should be in as well but I don't know if that's ever going to happen. How do defensive metrics work for older players? UZR is based on people that actually chart the plays during the game and didn't start until after Alomar retired.
                  Total zone and other metrics don't like him.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Total zone and other metrics don't like him.
                    Well regardless, he still had at worst average defense and his bat played very well for a MIF. Larkin should get in next year.

The class in 2 years is going to be insane. Greg Maddux, Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens, Mike Piazza, Tom Glavine, and some others I think I'm missing are all eligible for the first time.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Just wondering, is there a chance that Maddux is the first unanimous selection? I mean, he has absolutely no controversy around him (no steroid talk, no character concerns, great teammate) and he's one of the best pitchers of all time easily.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Just wondering, is there a chance that Maddux is the first unanimous selection? I mean, he has absolutely no controversy around him (no steroid talk, no character concerns, great teammate) and he's one of the best pitchers of all time easily.
                        He should be but some idiot writer will not give him a vote because if "(insert player here) was not unanimous then Maddux shouldn't be either."
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• And then I will have that writer fired for stupidity. Bonds and Clemens better make it in also, I really don't give a flying **** whether there is steroid concerns or not.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

And then I will have that writer fired for stupidity. Bonds and Clemens better make it in also, I really don't give a flying **** whether there is steroid concerns or not.
                            Well they had HOF careers before all that anyway. Piazza better get in also. I'll throw a fit suited for a 5 year old if he doesn't.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

He should be but some idiot writer will not give him a vote because if "(insert player here) was not unanimous then Maddux shouldn't be either."
                              Bingo. And yes, just let all of the steroid guys in.

Comment

Well they had HOF careers before all that anyway. Piazza better get in also. I'll throw a fit suited for a 5 year old if he doesn't.
                                If Jim Rice can get in while being worse offensively and defensively at an easier position, then Piazza has to get in.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information