MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
    If Jim Rice can get in while being worse offensively and defensively at an easier position, then Piazza has to get in.
    I'm more worried about the steroids thing with him also. Even though he's never been linked to it in anyway possible writers still might attribute his career to that. That's what happened with Bagwell in this vote it seems like.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Writers are also obscenely ********, which is why Tim Raines and Trammel continue to lag behind while Lou Whitaker didn't even make it to a second ballot.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

If Jim Rice can get in while being worse offensively and defensively at an easier position, then Piazza has to get in.
        Don't you ever put Jim Rice's name near Piazza.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
          Don't you ever put Jim Rice's name near Piazza.
          I was making a Jim Rice is crap point.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Both Piazza and Bagwell should ABSOLUTELY be in.

They weren't just power-hitters, they were excellent pure hitters as well.

Piazza's career average is .308, Bags is at .297.

Comment

• Damn I never knew Piazza was a career .300 hitter, certainly a passionate player with a few incidents but he was one the center pieces for those Mets teams.
              Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
              Coples is that dude.
              Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

Writers are also obscenely ********, which is why Tim Raines and Trammel continue to lag behind while Lou Whitaker didn't even make it to a second ballot.
                Elitist ***** they all are

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Aaron Boone got a HOF vote. If u did not believe the writers were ******* **** tards, I believe that is a pretty good sign that u need to start believing.

Comment

• Uhm what? Aaron Boone retired last year, he wouldn't have been on any ballot

Comment

• I'm pretty sure he meant Bret.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Parker was garbage outside of a good fight year stretch, and Lee shouldn't get in just because the BBWAA were dumb enough to put in Sutter and Eck.
                        That's the problem though. Baseball writers have a new criterium for selecting players to get into the Hall. It's no longer the elite. It's either they play Godtebow or it just becomes "eh, if (insert player here) made it....might as well let Jeff Brantley in.".

The criteria is now how you compare with the other players as opposed to how you compare with the game.
                        Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

• Originally posted by Philliez01 View Post
                          That's the problem though. Baseball writers have a new criterium for selecting players to get into the Hall. It's no longer the elite. It's either they play Godtebow or it just becomes "eh, if (insert player here) made it....might as well let Jeff Brantley in.".

The criteria is now how you compare with the other players as opposed to how you compare with the game.
                          Just wait until my campaign for Eric Bruntlett begins.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Just wait until my campaign for Eric Bruntlett begins.
                            **** that blonde-beard for making the Mendoza line the barometer of success.

Though if you are putting Bruntlett in, I'll start with So Taguchi or Kevin Sefcik.
                            Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                              He should be but some idiot writer will not give him a vote because if "(insert player here) was not unanimous then Maddux shouldn't be either."
                              Well, I'm pretty sure Joe Morgan votes, so I'm 100% positive Maddux won't be unanimous.

Maddux was never as good of a 2nd baseman as Joe Morgan, who was god's gift to baseball. And he will make sure we know that when Maddux isn't unanimous.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                                Well, I'm pretty sure Joe Morgan votes, so I'm 100% positive Maddux won't be unanimous.

Maddux was never as good of a 2nd baseman as Joe Morgan, who was god's gift to baseball. And he will make sure we know that when Maddux isn't unanimous.
                                Morgan is an ass and an idiot, but he will vote for Maddux. I guarantee you that.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information