No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reds close to agreement with Renteria. Nice pickup for us i was never sold on Janish being a everyday starter at SS for us.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5995660

RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
      Reds close to agreement with Renteria. Nice pickup for us i was never sold on Janish being a everyday starter at SS for us.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5995660
      Except Edgar Renteria is terrible. So you've still got that problem.
      "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Originally posted by proshoota25 View Post
        couldnt have ended up better for the red sox. the sox end up getting a first and second round pick from the rangers as long as soriano doesnt sign from the rangers. sweeeeeet
        For Beltre?! Does that mean the Rays get the Red Sox entire draft and you guys pay the contracts in exchange for Carl Crawford?

And for the HOF discussion, Pizza is a no doubter, same with Bonds and Clemens. They were HOFers with or without. Bagwell will get in within 5 years or so. What about Jeff Kent though? I hated that guy but looking at his nuymbers makes me think he'll get in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
          I'm pretty sure he meant Bret.
          Yes I did but either way, no Boone should be in the HOF or get a vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by yodapoop View Post
            Yes I did but either way, no Boone should be in the HOF or get a vote.
            Aaron Boone should be a first ballot hall of famer.

Comment

• Originally posted by djp View Post
              Except Edgar Renteria is terrible. So you've still got that problem.
              good for Edgar, though. if I were series MVP I would try to cash in, too.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                Morgan is an ass and an idiot, but he will vote for Maddux. I guarantee you that.
                I don't think Maddux should be unanimous. We've waited so long or one, with so many better players not being one, I think we have to wait for someone even better. Maybe Pujols in 15 years, or Rivera. But I've never been a big Maddux guy. Smoltz was always my favorite in that rotation.

Comment

• Why should a closer get in unanimously over a SP that was excellent? I don't care how great Rivera is he's still not as valuable as a #1. Also, just because the writers have been morons in the past and haven't voted anyone in unanimously doesn't mean they can't change their tune now. Maddux and others in the future that deserve it like Pujols should all get in with every vote.
                  #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                    I don't think Maddux should be unanimous. We've waited so long or one, with so many better players not being one, I think we have to wait for someone even better. Maybe Pujols in 15 years, or Rivera. But I've never been a big Maddux guy. Smoltz was always my favorite in that rotation.
                    What GF said about this. Maddux is way better than Rivera, and you should know better than to claim otherwise.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• ESPN is reporting that the Cubs are close to trading for Matt Garza. No word on for who.
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Chris Archer, Hak-Ju Lee, Brandon Guyer, and Robinson Chirinos are the rumored pieces to go to Tampa. I think the Cubs may have given up too much.

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                          Chris Archer, Hak-Ju Lee, Brandon Guyer, and Robinson Chirinos are the rumored pieces to go to Tampa. I think the Cubs may have given up too much.
                          No way they gave up that much. 3 top ten prospect for Garza including their #1? That's insane.
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                            No way they gave up that much. 3 top ten prospect for Garza including their #1? That's insane.
                            May I introduce you to Jim Hendry...

I would be fine with giving up Lee because we have Starlin, but it's Matt Garza. I don't want the guy in the first place, but if we just throw away prospects for the guy I will just laugh at how awful our front office is.

Fire Hendry, promote Maddux plz. I don't care that Maddux has no experience.

Oh also, the Cubs aren't winning anything anytime soon. They need to start planning to rebuild and wait for the horrible contracts to be up in like 7 years or whatever. Good thing they want to trade away all their top young talent for a dude that just had a career year and will be like a #3 starter for us...
                            Last edited by iowatreat54; 01-07-2011, 11:42 AM.

Comment

• Jim Hendry is a ******. I would've loved to see Archer in Wrigley.

IMO, with the influx of middle infield prospects in the Cubs system, Lee is arbitrary. Losing Guyer and Chirinos doesn't bother me.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Cubs win the deal so long as Garza is re-signed. It's quality over quantity.
                                R.I.P. L.E.F.
                                "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information