MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
    Cubs win the deal so long as Garza is re-signed. It's quality over quantity.
    Except that Garza isn't all that quality. I believe his best years are behind him. He will take a nice bump from going to the NL, but it really is a dumb deal. The Cubs won't be going anywhere for a few years so why get rid of players that can contribute then? This is a dumb, short-sighted move.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• I wonder how Longoria feels about the offseason the entire AL East has had
      -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• If this trade was for Grienke it would have made a lot more sense. I like Garza but he's not worth what the Cubs gave up.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
          If this trade was for Grienke it would have made a lot more sense. I like Garza but he's not worth what the Cubs gave up.
          Nope, and especially not when you consider we don't need him. The Cubs just don't want to go into the spring with a bunch of unproven pitchers, so they will trade their young ones for a 2nd or 3rd starter. Awesome.

Dempster-Wells-Garza-Silva-Z? Fear that rotation. It's so much better than Dempster-Wells-Silva-Z-Cashner/Marshall/Shark/random young pitcher.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
            I don't think Maddux should be unanimous. We've waited so long or one, with so many better players not being one, I think we have to wait for someone even better. Maybe Pujols in 15 years, or Rivera. But I've never been a big Maddux guy. Smoltz was always my favorite in that rotation.
            4 Cy Youngs in a row. 4! This is with ERA's of 2.18, 2.36, 1.56, and 1.63. And this is a peak period not to mention he has the record of 17 straight seasons with 15+ wins. He has over 350 wins for compiler voters and over 3,000K's. Also in useless awards he won 18 Gold Gloves.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• Originally posted by dabears10 View Post
              4 Cy Youngs in a row. 4! This is with ERA's of 2.18, 2.36, 1.56, and 1.63. And this is a peak period not to mention he has the record of 17 straight seasons with 15+ wins. He has over 350 wins for compiler voters and over 3,000K's. Also in useless awards he won 18 Gold Gloves.
              And the greatest baseball commercial ever.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

• Damn it, the Cubs and Brewers got better rotations, the Reds are the champs, and the Astros always annoy me. Thank God Pittsburgh is in our division. 5th place here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its fun to have really low expectations

Comment

• Originally posted by yodapoop View Post
                  Damn it, the Cubs and Brewers got better rotations, the Reds are the champs, and the Astros always annoy me. Thank God Pittsburgh is in our division. 5th place here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its fun to have really low expectations
                  You really have nothing to worry about with the Cubs. We'll be battling Houston for 5th, and then trade ARam, Dempster, and Marmol all at the trade deadline for ****** prospects, make Vitters our new starting 3B after he has another lackluster season in AA and move Wood back to closer.

Championshipppppp!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                    You really have nothing to worry about with the Cubs. We'll be battling Houston for 5th, and then trade ARam, Dempster, and Marmol all at the trade deadline for ****** prospects, make Vitters our new starting 3B after he has another lackluster season in AA and move Wood back to closer.

Championshipppppp!!!
                    U are ruining my low hopes for the team. I mean we still got the best player in the game and the best proven 1-2 punch in our rotation in the division even tho Greinke and Gallardo could take that from us if they are as good as they can be. But still! Low expectations=lower disappointment when we don't win it all.

Comment

• I wished the Pirates got Garza.

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                        I wished the Pirates got Garza.
                        So they can be a better last place team? You should be holding onto your prospects.

Comment

Its okay Hines, Papa Yoda is here, I am here for u, I will caress u.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                            So they can be a better last place team? You should be holding onto your prospects.
                            I woulda just offered Hanrahan and a AA pitching prospect. If not, then forget it.

Comment

Because they would have had to pay Garza. They dont pay players they just trade them.

RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                                What GF said about this. Maddux is way better than Rivera, and you should know better than to claim otherwise.
                                Of course he is because he is a SP. But Rivera is hands down the best ever at his position. Where as Maddux a lot of times wasn't even the best SP in his rotation. At least in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information