MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
    Well just the Lee money alone was a large "saving." You couldn't take it to the fanbase saying you signed zero players so you had to make at least one move. It's going to look bad if Soriano opts out of the contract after one year though.
    I like the opt outs. I think it's ridiculous money anyways for Soriano but we have plenty of it. If he can help us this year and then let us get back all the money in year 2 and 3, I'm all for it. I don't think he opts out after year 1 anyway. After year 2 maybe, if Rivera is still dominating and pitching and comes back yet again.

Comment

• I'd be a little worried about his FB rate in your park. Also, to lose your first round pick for a one year player is just a bad way to run the team.
      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Tampa Bay isn't exactly a pitchers park is it?

31st pick means nothing, we have a sup 1st and we'll get talent by going over slot in the later rounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Damix View Post
          Tampa Bay isn't exactly a pitchers park is it?

31st pick means nothing, we have a sup 1st and we'll get talent by going over slot in the later rounds.
          It's more of a pitchers park compared to Yankee Stadium. So the 31st pick means nothing but the 49 pick does?
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Jeff Francis to the Royals. Damn.
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I don't like losing the first pick but that late in the first round it's a crap shoot anyway. We can get just as good of a player 20-50 picks later. Looking at our top 10 prospects, I believe only 2 were first rounders anyway.

Comment

It's more of a pitchers park compared to Yankee Stadium. So the 31st pick means nothing but the 49 pick does?
                No, the fact that we have the 49th, makes the 31st pick expendable.

Of course I don't want to be giving up my pick year in and year out for relievers. But on occasion, I see no issue.

Comment

Jeff Francis to the Royals. Damn.
                  I wanted the Pirates to sign him. I hope the Pirates sign one of Bonderman, Millwood, Young, or Duchscherer before ST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                    I don't like losing the first pick but that late in the first round it's a crap shoot anyway. We can get just as good of a player 20-50 picks later. Looking at our top 10 prospects, I believe only 2 were first rounders anyway.
                    Well that's probably because you hardly ever have 1st round picks.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I think we're a lock to sign Young now that Francis signed.
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/teams/draft/20.shtml

How often do we not have a 1st?

Comment

We have recently. The recent ones still in the minors. Hughes and Kennedy pitching in the majors. But with our ability to pay overslot in the mid rounds (Austin Jackson amongst others) and to splurge in the carribean and south america, the 31st pick isn't nearly as important for us as it is for the Tampa Bay Rays. I'm more mad about giving it to Tampa Bay rather than a out of division team.

Comment

• Bad job out of me. That's what happens when you assume. I forgot you got a 1st round pick for not signing Cole as well.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• If you had Soriano locked up guaranteed for more than one year I wouldn't even think it's that big a deal. To sign a setup man for one year though regardless of your budget throughout the rest of the draft is a bad idea IMO.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Bad job out of me. That's what happens when you assume. I forgot you got a 1st round pick for not signing Cole as well.
                                It was a fair assumption, we have just let plenty of talent leave as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information