MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
    Did that trade seriously just happen? What the **** is the matter with the Angels?
    Clearly you haven't realized yet that AA is a manipulative God

Comment

• Kinda funny that Damon got paid the most of the two. Didn't see that coming.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chucky View Post
        Clearly you haven't realized yet that AA is a manipulative God
        If you think that then SanDepoRicci will rock your world.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
          If you think that then SanDepoRicci will rock your world.
          I know Ricci.....nothing special.

Lets see that trio dump a contract as bad as Vernons.

Comment

I know Ricci.....nothing special.

Lets see that trio dump a contract as bad as Vernons.
            He set your team up with all the talent you have now. Was he terrible at giving out contracts? Absolutely. Last, we don't have a contract THAT bad luckily. We have a lot of bad ones but nothing as bad as that.
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• The Angels can go ahead and acquire Zito now. Kthxbye.
              The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• So incredibly dumb.

Comment

I don't really see why people expect the O's to finish ahead of the Jays to be honest. We were a really young team last year and while some players overachieved the teams two best hitters severely underachieved. The only major loss was Marcum and we have enough young depth to overcome that loss
                  I can't see their hitting philospohy equaling sustained success.

And while the Vernon trade was amazing, does it make them better this year? I'm not sure. It gives them huge financial flexibility but with what is left now in FA, you won't really see the benefits of that until next year.
                  Last edited by Jughead10; 01-21-2011, 10:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                    I think it can be close.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

And while the Vernon trade was amazing, does it make them better this year? I'm not sure. It gives them huge financial flexibility but with what is left now in FA, you won't really see the benefits of that until next year.
                      The Angels insanely stupid philosophy has survived this long.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Yeah but they have played in the weakest AL division over the past 10 years with the largest payroll out West most years.

Comment

I don't really see why not to be honest.

Ya...the Vernon trade definately does hurt in the short term. Still think we are better than the O's though

Comment

• So seems ike the Jays are sending a max of 5 milion....can we give AA exec of the year already?

Comment

What philosophy is that, exactly?

Anyway, as an Angels fan, I can't help but laugh at this. Reminds me of when they signed Gary Matthews Jr. Total joke. I'm sure the Jays would have just given them Wells and his albatross for free, but nope, Angels actually had to throw some value in there to give to the Jays. Wells most likely will be playing LF, which means the Halos traded to acquire a CORNER OFER who will provide a .260-.270 BA and 20-25 HR. How freakin common are those stats from a corner OFer in MLB today? Add in that they are paying 20+ million for that production for the next 4 years. Brutal

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                                The Rays signed Damon AND Manny.
                                Good moves......if it was 2004.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information