MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
    How do you feel about Barney? His first name is escaping me at this moment.
    Darwin's a solid defender but his bat is nothing special.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Darwin Barney is an unbelievably awesome name.

Comment

• No future Olympic hockey for him.:(

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/a...ff-Cats-roster

It is not cool.

Anyways, Yankees game will be on TV today. Pitching is familiar, unfortunately but hitting like Laird, Nunez, Winafee, Golston and few others will be off the bench.

Any special youngsters other than last year's roster for Pirates to monitor?

Comment

• Originally posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
          My personal top 10 is as follows in parenthesis is the player's major weakness

1. Starlin Castro SS (Power not yet developed)
          2. Brett Jackson OF (Power good enough for corner OF?)
          3. Josh Vitters 3B (Can't take a walk)
          4. Andrew Cashner P (Walks too many)
          5. Jay Jackson SP (Gives up a lot of HRs)
          6. Hak Ju Lee SS (Can't find one)
          7. Chris Carpenter SP (Age)
          8. DJ LeMahieu IF (Enough power for corner IF/Quick enough to play SS?)
          9. Tyler Colvin OF (Can't take a walk)
          10. Christopher Archer SP (Walks too many)

Pretty damn good at the top, but definitely pretty average in the middle to bottom. It is however nice to see the top picks represented pretty well here, definitely shows improvement by the Cubs in the draft. Cashner would be ahead of Vitters, but I think his future is in the bullpen.

Nice to see a lot of position player talent in the system, but the Pitchers are pretty far behind. I'd expect to see Pitchers drafted high this year by the Cubs.
          List is lacking some serious Ryan Flaherty right now. I'd also keep an eye on Kyler Burke, who's finally hitting and probably a top 10 prospect only because of how thin the Cubs system actually is. I'd replace Colvin with Burke and put Flaherty at about 6 or so. Still love LeMahieu........

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Anyone interested in joining another Fantasy league? Probably NL only, same rules as BF_51's current AL only dynasty league.

Comment

• Count me in.
              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
                Anyone interested in joining another Fantasy league? Probably NL only, same rules as BF_51's current AL only dynasty league.
                I would definitely be interested. I'm looking to join a Draft Countdown league after D-Unit's dynasty league collapsed and the rest were already filled up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
                  Anyone interested in joining another Fantasy league? Probably NL only, same rules as BF_51's current AL only dynasty league.
                  for those who are interested, post here: http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...10#post2046710

I'm setting the league up now.

Comment

• Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
                    List is lacking some serious Ryan Flaherty right now. I'd also keep an eye on Kyler Burke, who's finally hitting and probably a top 10 prospect only because of how thin the Cubs system actually is. I'd replace Colvin with Burke and put Flaherty at about 6 or so. Still love LeMahieu........
                    I've been keeping an eye on Burke, and I would have included him, but I'm not convinced by him... He put up great numbers last year, he was actually finally able to take a walk, but he's doing it at such a low level. He certainly has all the talent required, but we'll see if he can put it together at a higher level this season. Flaherty has put up solid numbers, but he was 23 in low A, so I would expect that. I'm also not convinced he has a position right now, but he did display enough power to potentially play 1B or 3B in the future.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

• Hooray I get to watch Halladay more. :)

**** Halladay is in the division. :(

That is correct comahan
                      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                      <3 dg

Comment

• anyone give me some info on Gaby Hernandez?Royals claimed him today

Comment

• From a Red Sox scouting report
                          http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal...le_more_o.html
                          Young guy (24), solid arm, still very raw. He looks like a good player to take a flier on, but he needs to be coached up.

Comment

• The Yankees are back at it, another walk off homer even though it was in a meaningless game

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                            Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
                              anyone give me some info on Gaby Hernandez?Royals claimed him today
                              Gaby Hernandez from the Mets 3 years ago?
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I'm for sure going visit my brother the weekend of March 19-21 at Arizona State, on the 20th a Saturday at 1:05 PM AZ, going to watch the Texas Rangers play The Los Angeles Dodgers. I'm really excited!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information