MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
    Well I think Law overrated Banuelos anyway. But he does have a few mroe things going on for him than Mejia, being lefty definitely one of them.
    Pure stuff they're almost equal. Being lefty is an advantage. I don't care about Mejia's height because if you've seen him his legs are so stocky he's not going to be that frail there. He has enough power in his legs where it shouldn't affect his arm.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
      Pure stuff they're almost equal. Being lefty is an advantage. I don't care about Mejia's height because if you've seen him his legs are so stocky he's not going to be that frail there. He has enough power in his legs where it shouldn't affect his arm.
      Well he's lefty and his secondary stuff is better at a younger age. I think that's a better recipe for success as a starter. But he was way too high. 35-45 would have been better.

Comment

Well he's lefty and his secondary stuff is better at a younger age. I think that's a better recipe for success as a starter. But he was way too high. 35-45 would have been better.
        I think 25 would have been about right. Their changes are very similar at the same age. Banuelos definitely has a better more consistent CB and that's where the difference is. Mejia's change is going to work better against his fastball though.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
          I think 25 would have been about right. Their changes are very similar at the same age. Banuelos definitely has a better more consistent CB and that's where the difference is. Mejia's change is going to work better against his fastball though.
          If Mejia can significantly improve his command of that mid-90s cutter, he can be dominant. That pitch is just NASTY.

Unfortunately, at this point he only throws it when he is ahead in the count and is trying to get the hitter to chase.

Comment

• Wow, Joe Beimel turned down Major League deals and more money to take a minor league deal with the Pirates.

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
              Wow, Joe Beimel turned down Major League deals and more money to take a minor league deal with the Pirates.
              Get this man drug tested.

Comment

Get this man drug tested.
                He's from around Pittsburgh and wanted to play for Pittsburgh. Plus, he wanted to play for Hurdle again. That's probably why he took less.

Comment

• Drug tested? I'm thinking he might need to see a psychiatrist.
                  #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Apparently Mejia would have been in the 20-40 range. And I don't know a lot about Banuelos, but does he have the same ridiculous groundball tendecies as Mejia?

Comment

• I'll be making prospect lists come February and the new thread starts. Hopefully getting one a day posted until opening day

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                        Apparently Mejia would have been in the 20-40 range. And I don't know a lot about Banuelos, but does he have the same ridiculous groundball tendecies as Mejia?
                        Banuelos doesn't have any sink on his fastball so I'll just have to say no on that one without really looking it up.
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Duke signs with Baltimore. Can get up to 4.5 million dollars in incentives. Nice.

Pirates, please sign Bonderman or Maine please. Minor league deals could get them to Pittsburgh.

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                            Duke signs with Baltimore. Can get up to 4.5 million dollars in incentives. Nice.

Pirates, please sign Bonderman or Maine please. Minor league deals could get them to Pittsburgh.
                            Umm, no they wouldn't.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                              Umm, no they wouldn't.
                              I'm trying to make myself feel better, ok!! It's rough being a fan of the shittiest professional sports team in all of the major four sports!

Comment

• LOVE the Duscherer signing, now let's go get Vladdy and call it an offseason

2b - Brian Roberts
                                RF - Nick Markakis
                                1B- Derek Lee
                                DH - Vladamir Guerrero
                                3B - Mark Reynolds
                                LF - Luke Scott
                                CF - Adam Jones
                                C - Matt Wieters
                                SS - JJ Hardy

SP- Jeremy Guthrie
                                SP- Brian Matusz
                                SP- Justin Duscherer