MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
    5 years $50 million for Weeks. That's a very good deal for the Brewers.
    I've been seeing four years with a team option for the fifth. I very seriously doubt that it averages $10 mil a year, I would guess that last year inflates the overall money a ton and he's getting something between $5-6 million a year through the first four years.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

• Yes it's a team option for the 5th year. It's still $50 million though. They may not actually pay out $10 million a year but on average that's what it is.
      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• That's a good move for MIL. I've always been a big Weeks fan and it's nice to see him break out.

Comment

• Oh, and apparently the Cards don't want to keep Albert. You don't even offer him a top 5 contract?

Comment

• The Pujols thing is interesting. I think I'd go 8 years $225 million.
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Joel Hanrahan was named closer for the Pirates.

Comment

• Rickie Weeks and the Milwaukee Brewers have agreed to a $38.5 million, four-year contract

Comment

• Im mind blown by the Cards right now. I couldnt believe when I heard they didnt offer him a top 5 contract. This guy is the best baseball player in the league right now, and its not even close.

I give the guy his money and give the highest annual salary ever, as simple as that...because if you dont he will go somewhere else where someone will and for the next 10 years you will wonder why you didnt do it, because he will kick your team's ass lol.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                  I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• 10 years is too much. There are still doubts whether he really is 31 or not so I under if the Cards are a little hesitant on that. I think 7 or 8 years for 29 or 30 million a year would be fine though.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• 8 Years, $240 million! Its not that hard Cardinals! He wants $30 million, he is the best player in the game, and wants to be paid like it. SHOW HIM THE MONEY! Hell, 40 is my magic number......9 Years, $270 million. Just do it damn it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                        10 years is too much. There are still doubts whether he really is 31 or not so I under if the Cards are a little hesitant on that. I think 7 or 8 years for 29 or 30 million a year would be fine though.
                        Yeah i didnt mean to say it like that, I dont think he should or will get 10 years either but i do think he deserves the highest annual salary in the game and probably of all time. This guy is the best player in the game.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                        I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• Scott Podsednik signs with the Blue Jays on a minor league deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hines View Post
                            Scott Podsednik signs with the Blue Jays on a minor league deal.
                            Quite excited by this deal. Wouldn't be surprised to see Rivera moved in the next couple days

Comment

• Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                              Quite excited by this deal. Wouldn't be surprised to see Rivera moved in the next couple days
                              Quite the bargain this late in the offseason IMO. Wonder how much money he'll get when/if he makes the club.

Comment

• Hines got his name shortened????

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information