Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
    Hines got his name shortened????
    Yeah, today. I've asked for it for almost a year now and noone replied back. Asked Shane this morning and he did it for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
      10 years is too much. There are still doubts whether he really is 31 or not so I under if the Cards are a little hesitant on that. I think 7 or 8 years for 29 or 30 million a year would be fine though.
      But reports are that the two sides agreed on the length of a contract but were just really far apart on the money.

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
        But reports are that the two sides agreed on the length of a contract but were just really far apart on the money.
        Didn't see that. I have no idea what the Cards are doing then.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• DBacks sign Russell Branyan.

Comment

• Cardinals never wanted to give Pujols a 10-year contract, the reports from the local news in St.louis was the Cardinals offered Pujols an 8-year deal worth more than 25 million per season, but not quite 30 million.

I keep going back in forth on this one, Do I want to continue watching arguably a top 5 player baseball has ever seen help my favorite team win a championship? absolutely. But what kind of team are the Cardinals going to have if 30 million is going to one player, say goodbye to Chris Carpenter, Adam Wainwright, Yadier Molina, Jamie Garcia.

Cardinals were getting ready for this day three years ago when they fired Walt Jocketty because of spending money to freely and hired John Mozeliak and his "build through the draft" philosophy.

Comment

• Jays and Bautista close to a 5 year 65 million dollar extention.

Comment

• some where between Mora, Allen, Nady, Miranda, Burroughs, Blum, Branyan there is a semi decent player, sadly 3 of them will be starting

Comment

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                  some where between Mora, Allen, Nady, Miranda, Burroughs, Blum, Branyan there is a semi decent player, sadly 3 of them will be starting
                  Allen needs to be starting.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Hines View Post
                    Jays and Bautista close to a 5 year 65 million dollar extention.

There is a 110% chance that ends up being a terrible contract at some point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                      Allen needs to be starting.
                      hopefully its Allen in LF and Miranda at 1B normally with days off vs lefties

Comment

• On MLB Network the guys were saying they offered Pujols a contract worth $21 million a year. Any truth to that?
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• If I were Pujols and the Cards offered me that garbage I would end negotiations with them right then and there.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                            There is a 110% chance that ends up being a terrible contract at some point.
                            He is 30 years old(otherwise known as half Jose Tabatas age) which isn't too bad. If he is able to keep up his production from last year then it will be a fantastic contract

Comment

• Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                              He is 30 years old(otherwise known as half Jose Tabatas age) which isn't too bad. If he is able to keep up his production from last year then it will be a fantastic contract
                              Has there ever been anyone in baseball who has done that. Lived in complete and absolute mediocrity (and thats being generous being a part time player), put together a dream season this far into his career and then was able to replicate it for another year or two, let alone 4 or 5?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                                I'll guarantee you he never hits 50 HRs again. Hell, I'll guarantee he doesn't hit 40 HRs ever again. Probably not even 30. He might get 20 once or twice though.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information