MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
    I think Freeman could potentially develop more power than Davis as he gets older. I could be wrong though. Hell, I thought Freddie Freeman was black for like 2 years while he was in the minors.
    He does have a black sounding name. Davis hit some bombs last year and should hit about 25 HR's. I don't think Freeman will have any more than that. Both very good defensive 1B. We'll see I guess.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Anyone else expect a big breakout year for Travis Snider?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chucky View Post
        Anyone else expect a big breakout year for Travis Snider?
        I'd like to see a full year out of him before I think any breakout is coming.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Damn near everyone I know thought he was black. I'm very familiar with him myself, because I've seen damn near every minor league game he's played in. Thanks in part to an uncle, who's also a Braves fan, who has access to nearly all the minor league games. I had a great ole time watching the 08 Rome Braves with Freeman and Heyward, they were ridiculous.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
          KO KNOWS

Comment

• This MLB Network Top 100 players in the game list is so absurdly ******** it makes me want to hang myself. The top twenty is just mindnumbingly awful. I mean, Mo Rivera the 11th best player in the game?! HE'S A ******* CLOSER.

Don't even get me started on this absurd Ryan Braun fetish the MLB Network seems to have.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Freddie Freeman > Ike Davis

Freddie is just a bad ass. I hate when people compare these two.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
              02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
              02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
              02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
              Originally posted by fenikz
              we all hate you

Comment

• Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
                Freddie Freeman > Ike Davis

Freddie is just a bad ass. I hate when people compare these two.
                Why exactly? They are the same basic player.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                  For a while in their development...Freddie was just as impressive as Heyward. But yeah, I mean he's not head shoulders above Davis or anything. I dont think he's over hyped, though. The fact that he's one of a promising "dynamic duo" certainly speeds up that hype machine just a tad. Plus the fact that he's so advanced at just 21 helps his case that much more.
                  Keep in mind, what is so impressive about Heyward is everything added together, not just the bat. It's his speed, his bat, his position (worth +5 runs in comparison to 1B) and great defense at that position.

Plus, on the scouting scale, Heyward has the edge in every category

So even when Freeman matched Heyward with the bat in the Sally as an 18-year old, he wasn't truly on par with the phenom.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                    This MLB Network Top 100 players in the game list is so absurdly ******** it makes me want to hang myself. The top twenty is just mindnumbingly awful. I mean, Mo Rivera the 11th best player in the game?! HE'S A ******* CLOSER.

Don't even get me started on this absurd Ryan Braun fetish the MLB Network seems to have.
                    It's pretty impossible to rank pitchers and hitter together but the list was just atrocious. I think they just threw darts at a wall. Trevor Cahill was #40. Like seriously how does that make any sense.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Hey guys so I have a fantasy draft for d units league tonight and I'm going to miss it. I was hoping to find someone who might be interested in drafting for me? It would be greatly appreciated because I don't want espn to do it for me.

If you wanna the draft is at 8 eastern time. If you wanna do it pm me or d unit your email address. Plus rep if you wanna do it.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                      I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• Yanks and Twins are still talking about Liriano. I have a feeling Liriano will be a Yankee before Opening Day. He's the perfect fit for Yankee Stadium also.
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                          It's pretty impossible to rank pitchers and hitter together but the list was just atrocious. I think they just threw darts at a wall. Trevor Cahill was #40. Like seriously how does that make any sense.
                          I also don't get how Ryan Braun is better than Tulo or Hanley Ramirez. MLB Network is in love with the guy for no reason.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                            Yanks and Twins are still talking about Liriano. I have a feeling Liriano will be a Yankee before Opening Day. He's the perfect fit for Yankee Stadium also.
                            Awesome. Watch it be for Joba and a by product of the Yankee hype machine.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                              Awesome. Watch it be for Joba and a by product of the Yankee hype machine.
                              That is the rumor. lol.

Joba is awful.
                              "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

• Originally posted by gpngc View Post
                                That is the rumor. lol.

Joba is awful.
                                Where are you reading this? I was worried Liriano would be too pricy of a package and was kind of thinking Buerhle midseason might be a better option.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information