No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your predictions on Justin Morneau this season?

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
      What's your predictions on Justin Morneau this season?
      I heard a strong gust of wind in Florida just made him dizzy again.

I don't get how Aaron Rodgers can get two concussions in a physical sport and win the Super Bowl and Morneau/Bay get one in a non contact spot and miss half a year. Americans > Canadians.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
        He is definitely a part of the SABR revolution. He was apart of the trio with T24L and myself a few years ago.
        I'm still in the middle but I do lean towards most SABR related stuff now. I just don't like how the a lot of the SABR side now thinks that they are always right no matter what. You still need a good mix of the numbers and the eye test.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
          I'm still in the middle but I do lean towards most SABR related stuff now. I just don't like how the a lot of the SABR side now thinks that they are always right no matter what. You still need a good mix of the numbers and the eye test.
          Main thing that gets me going about it, is I feel sometimes people want to argue over which stat is superior to the other for ranking players rather than caring about the result on the field.

Also the big teams have caught up and the small market "geniuses" latest attempt to find value where big teams aren't looking, has failed miserably in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
            Main thing that gets me going about it, is I feel sometimes people want to argue over which stat is superior to the other for ranking players rather than caring about the result on the field.

Also the big teams have caught up and the small market "geniuses" latest attempt to find value where big teams aren't looking, has failed miserably in my opinion.
            Pretty sure Friedman disproved your last point, but sure.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
              Pretty sure Friedman disproved your last point, but sure.
              I'm not sure he did. Too many others failed. He also had some really good bats that some are gone now or whose clock turned midnight and switched back to a pumpkin (Zobrist). We'll see this year.

Comment

• I usually don't read sports books but I'm excited for Jonah Keri's The Extra 2%. It's about the Rays rise to a good team.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I don't think Friedman failed. This year look how much they lost yet they're still expected to put up 85 wins. Let's see how it works out for them before we call it a failure.
                  #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                    I heard a strong gust of wind in Florida just made him dizzy again.

I don't get how Aaron Rodgers can get two concussions in a physical sport and win the Super Bowl and Morneau/Bay get one in a non contact spot and miss half a year. Americans > Canadians.
                    Because he's already had 3-4 concussions playing hockey in Canada as a teenager. Can't speak for Bay, but Morneau has a history of head injuries. Ron Villone knocked him out with a pitch a few years back as well.

ps: Getting 2 concussions in a year and taking punishment before being recovered is a recipe for disaster later in life.
                    "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                      What's your predictions on Justin Morneau this season?
                      Probably something like a .365-.375 OBP with 25-30 homers and 100 RBI. Probably going to start out terribly this year. Don't anticipate the concussion itself keeping him out much. Just gonna be really rusty.
                      "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Originally posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
                        you say this as if the Pirates won't finish in 6th in the division regardless.
                        I think the Pirates will finish better than the 'Stros.

Carpenter only has a strained hammy.

Comment

• The NL Central has a lot of solid teams out there. The Brewers are much improved, the Cards are still formidable (but not as scary sans Wainwright), the Cubs have decently deep pitching and good hitting, the Reds are the division champs and a young team capable of doing better in many spots, and the Astros and Pirates are rebuilding, but have talent (Pittsburgh > Houston in the talent dept).

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• LOL, Scott Olsen already causing problems.

http://twitter.com/colin_dunlap/stat...19233142030336

Luckily we didn't spend anything to get him. I hope he gets cut at the end. Maybe you shouldn't get hurt and fall behind.

Comment

• I think the Cubs can surprise people this year. They played pretty well under Mike Quade and have a decent rotation if Zambrano can keep it together. Their lineup can be hit or miss if Ramirez gets hurt again, or if Castro falls into a sophomore slump. The 7th inning could be a problem though unless a few of the young guys can step up. I'll go with 78 wins for them this season.
                              The Brewers are good enough to win the division with their rotation and lineup, but the Reds are still the team to beat.

Comment

• 1) Reds
                                2) Brewers
                                3) Cardinals
                                4) Cubs
                                5) Pirates
                                6) Astros

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information