MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
    Yoda, you have haters you don't even know of. I'll be recounting the $200 on Pujols story for them at my live auction draft coming up. The lols will be in effect.

Sorry.
    I will take back Huff Daddy if you don't curb your prose sir.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
    On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
    Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Yoda, you have haters you don't even know of. I'll be recounting the $200 on Pujols story for them at my live auction draft coming up. The lols will be in effect.

Sorry.
      My goal going in was to get Pujols. Did I get him? U betcha. VICTORY IS MINE!

Comment

• Originally posted by yodapoop View Post
        My goal going in was to get Pujols. Did I get him? U betcha. VICTORY IS MINE!
        Yoda = WINNING.
        The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

Yoda = WINNING.

This week's loser: Herm Edwards, his quote has totally been overtaken by Charlie Sheen. Thats too bad.

Comment

• Greinke has a bruised rib and a hairline fracture. Should be 4-6 weeks.

Comment

• Hmm. I don't really follow baseball closely enough to be a real contributor to this thread, but I have a few Uniform-related questions.

To begin with- is there any logical must-have reason for Baseball teams to have Home and Visiting variations of uniforms? I mean, I already know it's a must-have in all the other sports because both teams are scattered and scrambled all over the place at any given moment of play and must be discernable to the naked eye... but Baseball is the only team sport that I know of which doesn't follow that necessity. The only time these players mix it up is in a freakin' brawl. So why does the Home/Visiting fad persist?

More to the point, can somebody explain why more often than not, having shirts that are some color other than white or gray is rarely accepted beyond the occasional alternative?

Comment

• Originally posted by Zycho32 View Post
                Hmm. I don't really follow baseball closely enough to be a real contributor to this thread, but I have a few Uniform-related questions.

To begin with- is there any logical must-have reason for Baseball teams to have Home and Visiting variations of uniforms? I mean, I already know it's a must-have in all the other sports because both teams are scattered and scrambled all over the place at any given moment of play and must be discernable to the naked eye... but Baseball is the only team sport that I know of which doesn't follow that necessity. The only time these players mix it up is in a freakin' brawl. So why does the Home/Visiting fad persist?

More to the point, can somebody explain why more often than not, having shirts that are some color other than white or gray is rarely accepted beyond the occasional alternative?
                Why does it matter?

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• MLB thread has been slow and then we get a post on uniform pairings. Very interesting indeed.
                  #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Anyone play 2k11 yet?

Comment

• Utley is still out, and they have no idea what's really up with him. Tendinitis is just a euphemism for "knee pain with no apparent cause". This is not a small issue for the Phillies, especially with Brown out 4-6 weeks with hand surgery.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                        Utley is still out, and they have no idea what's really up with him. Tendinitis is just a euphemism for "knee pain with no apparent cause". This is not a small issue for the Phillies, especially with Brown out 4-6 weeks with hand surgery.
                        Better hope they win at least one more in the next season or so.

Comment

• Knee injuries are no joke. You better hope Utley hasn't gone the way of Beltran.
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Zycho32 View Post
                            Hmm. I don't really follow baseball closely enough to be a real contributor to this thread, but I have a few Uniform-related questions.

Home uniforms are home uniforms and typicall have the name of the team on them. Away uniforms typically have the name of the city the team is from so the fans know where the team is from. Mainly, it's so casual fans know which team is on the field - home team in whites, away team in grays. It's a tradition.

The alternate jerseys are usually made out of a different material than the white/gray jerseys and they also often absorb rather than reflect heat. So time of day/year plays a big part in that. Mostly it's just tradition, though. Baseball is the ultimate game of traditions (in the U.S. anyway). Most **** done on the baseball field and most of the rules and uniforms is just straight traditions.
                            Last edited by nepg; 03-09-2011, 12:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hines View Post
                              Anyone play 2k11 yet?
                              Supposedly it is buggy and awful. The usual.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                                Better hope they win at least one more in the next season or so.
                                I am well aware that the Phillies' window is pretty much this year. All of the hitters from the 2008 team are 30+. Werth is gone, Rollins is fading, Utley has been consistently banged up, and Howard can't hit in the clutch. Victorino was a nice story, but he's not an elite talent, and his skills will likely decline. I hated the Ibanez signing when it happened, and nothing he has done has changed my assessment. The team has to hope that Singleton, Jiwan James, and Brown can come and infuse this team with youth and power because things are on the down side.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information