MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
    Haha I dont think I said that. Watch Moore trade him now.
    Might happen. Royals have a massive log jam at 1B.

Comment

• Hosmerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
      "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
        I am well aware that the Phillies' window is pretty much this year. All of the hitters from the 2008 team are 30+. Werth is gone, Rollins is fading, Utley has been consistently banged up, and Howard can't hit in the clutch. Victorino was a nice story, but he's not an elite talent, and his skills will likely decline. I hated the Ibanez signing when it happened, and nothing he has done has changed my assessment. The team has to hope that Singleton, Jiwan James, and Brown can come and infuse this team with youth and power because things are on the down side.
        Howard is fine in the clutch (not that I believe clutch exists in baseball...)... he's just atrocious at hitting lefties, below average defensively, his patience is declining by the year, he's slow as ****, and breaking balls can still rape him.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

I am well aware that the Phillies' window is pretty much this year. All of the hitters from the 2008 team are 30+. Werth is gone, Rollins is fading, Utley has been consistently banged up, and Howard can't hit in the clutch. Victorino was a nice story, but he's not an elite talent, and his skills will likely decline. I hated the Ibanez signing when it happened, and nothing he has done has changed my assessment. The team has to hope that Singleton, Jiwan James, and Brown can come and infuse this team with youth and power because things are on the down side.
          With pitching like the Phillies their window will still be open for a few more years. Look the Giants this year, if their hitting gets hot at the right time they will be fine

Comment

• Oswalt is a FA after this year. I think Oswalt and Hamels are both FA's after this year. Losing Hamels would hurt.
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Actually Oswalt has a $16 million club option for next year. Doubtful the Phils pick it up.
              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I am not a big fan of Brown at all. I think he'll be a solid player but won't live up to this high prospect praise at all.

Comment

Oswalt is a FA after this year. I think Oswalt and Hamels are both FA's after this year. Losing Hamels would hurt.
                  You are correct about Oswalt. Hamels will have the opportunity to test the market, but the Phillies might have the ability to resign him. Ibanez comes off the books and Oswalt's $16mm savings helps as well. Plus Lidge is also a FA and is not highly likely to resign. There is money to afford Hamels if they want to.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• I really like the Phillies farm system, if it can stay healthy.

Jarred Cosart can be a pretty damn good starter if he stays healthy and Brody Colvin had a great second half in the SAL. It's too early to see what Jesse Biddle can do but there's talent down there.

I'm not really impressed by Jiwan James quite yet. I know he's a converted pitcher, but he's still as raw as a meat dress right now. I'm really excited to see what Aaron Altherr can do at 3B.
                    Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

• Originally posted by Hines View Post
                      Greinke has a bruised rib and a hairline fracture. Should be 4-6 weeks.
                      injured playing basketball

Comment

Actually Oswalt has a $16 million club option for next year. Doubtful the Phils pick it up.
                        Why not? Amaro has shown that he whacks off to good starting pitching. Unless Oswalt has an awful year, I don't see why the Phils don't pick up the option.

Comment

• Doesn't Howard's extension kick in next year?
                          The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
                            injured playing basketball
                            I look forward to Greinke's career going to the shitter. He leaves KC for Milwaukee and does nothing but talk **** on KC as if he went to the Yankees or something...

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
                              Doesn't Howard's extension kick in next year?
                              Howard's extension kicks in this year. 5 more years at $25mm average per. Basically an unmovable contract for a 31-32 year old DH in the NL.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
                                I look forward to Greinke's career going to the shitter. He leaves KC for Milwaukee and does nothing but talk **** on KC as if he went to the Yankees or something...
                                amen.and Lorenzo Cain is appearantly wowing scouts and others in Royals camp

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information