MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
    amen.and Lorenzo Cain is appearantly wowing scouts and others in Royals camp
    got Cain ( and Escobar) in my AL only dynasty league so this makes me happy

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
      Why not? Amaro has shown that he whacks off to good starting pitching. Unless Oswalt has an awful year, I don't see why the Phils don't pick up the option.
      $16 mil for a 4th starter and you still have to re-sign Hamels. I don't like the odds. Of course anything is possible with Amaro though.
      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Pat White retired from baseball.

http://atmlb.com/e2mmkZ

Thought it was funny and had to post it somewhere...

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Grizzlegom View Post
          Pat White retired from baseball.

http://atmlb.com/e2mmkZ

Thought it was funny and had to post it somewhere...
          I dont know why he isnt giving it a shot, hes not going to be picked up by anyone in the NFL.

But if you quit playing, you have to retire so....its whatever. Gotta go through all the dumb ass paperwork.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
          I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
            $16 mil for a 4th starter and you still have to re-sign Hamels. I don't like the odds. Of course anything is possible with Amaro though.
            With the special Lee exemption Amaro got from ownership, I don't see the team picking up that option. They have a lot of players to make plays for. Hamels, Victorino, Lidge, Rollins... That is a lot of money that doesn't have to be paid in theory, but a lot of talent from key contributors. You have to assume Hamels and Victorino will get 3-4 year deals, and Rollins probably gets a 2 year deal bc of the limited options available on the farm and via FA. Lidge is likely gone, and Oswalt might come back for less money per year, but multiple years on the deal. However, with the other pitching talent on the farm, this might not be such a huge deal.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Charlie Morton is having a damn good spring. He's throwing his sinker and throwing it very, very well. I think he might surprise some folks this year if/when he wins the fifth starter job.

Comment

• I'm not really too high on a player who has a horrific MLB stat line and a non-dominant minor league one. Morton has a lot of raw talent, but at this point, if he can't do well for the Pirates, he's not a good option. Nothing against him. Just don't buy it as a real change.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Yeah no offense Hines but when you're in a competition for the 5th spot in the Pirates rotation there's something wrong with you.
                  #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                    I'm not really too high on a player who has a horrific MLB stat line and a non-dominant minor league one. Morton has a lot of raw talent, but at this point, if he can't do well for the Pirates, he's not a good option. Nothing against him. Just don't buy it as a real change.
                    He's always had raw talent, it's just the fact he is very mental and loses focus it seems like. Last year, if he had a bad inning, he would just totally lose it. He wasn't like that his first year with the Pirates.

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                    Yeah no offense Hines but when you're in a competition for the 5th spot in the Pirates rotation there's something wrong with you.
                    He wouldn't be the fifth starter if he didn't have that bad season. People seem to forget that he had a pretty damn good start of his Pirates career. Outside of one outing against the Cubs, he pitched well with the Pirates in '09.

Comment

• Morton was 5-9 with a 4.55 ERA and 1.52 WHIP in 2009 and 2-12 with a 7.57 ERA and 1.82 WHIP in 2010. Both years, his BABIP was above .300, indicating that batters were hitting his pitches and hitting them hard. The guy has plenty of "stuff", but he's not a MLB pitcher in my mind. The guy is 27. The likelihood of him finding himself and becoming an ace is just not there.

Comment

• I don't think he is an ace. Never have. But a solid starter who can miss bats is my expectations. Brad Lincoln is looking good as well. I think Lincoln would be a lot better if he had a change and didn't have TJ.

Comment

• There is no evidence that he is a solid starter who can miss bats. The guy had a 3.82 ERA at AA last year. That isn't stellar. A 3.82 ERA in the majors isn't great...

Comment

• 50 starters had an E.R.A. better than 3.82 last year. I'm not sure if I think that number is high or low.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                              Morton was 5-9 with a 4.55 ERA and 1.52 WHIP in 2009 and 2-12 with a 7.57 ERA and 1.82 WHIP in 2010. Both years, his BABIP was above .300, indicating that batters were hitting his pitches and hitting them hard. The guy has plenty of "stuff", but he's not a MLB pitcher in my mind. The guy is 27. The likelihood of him finding himself and becoming an ace is just not there.
                              That's not what BABIP means for a pitcher.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                                That's not what BABIP means for a pitcher.
                                It can. It can also mean lucky or unlucky. You still have to watch the games to realize what is truly going on. Great sinker ball pitchers are always going to have low BABIP cause they are going to get a lot of weak grounders. It doesn't neccesarily mean they were lucky those grounders didn't find holes. On the reverse hitters with high BABIP aren't always lucky their balls are finding holes either. Depends on the type of hitter. Not everyone regresses or progresses to what most think is the standard mean on BABIP.

Bottom line is Charlie Morton just isn't good. If he can't put himself firmly in the back end of the Pirates rotation by 27, what good is he?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information