Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Chucky View Post
    Drafted my team

    C-Buster Posey
    1B-Adrian Gonzalez
    2B-Kelley Johnson
    SS-Jose Reyes
    3B-Casey McGehee
    LF-Delmon Young
    CF-Matt Kemp
    RF-Mike Stanton
    Util-Kendry Morales
    BN-Chone Figgins

    SP-Felix Hernandez
    SP-Justin Verlander
    SP-Max Scherzer
    RP-Jon Papelbon
    RP-Jon Broxton
    P-Jeremy Hellickson
    P-Wandy Rodriguez
    BN-Ted Lilly
    BN-Michael Pineda
    BN-JJ Putz

    Thoughts?
    What no Brandon Morrow? But besides that i really like Posey, Stanton, McGahee, Scherzer, and Broxton this year and all think could have great seasons.


    RIP themaninblack

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
      What no Brandon Morrow? But besides that i really like Posey, Stanton, McGahee, Scherzer, and Broxton this year and all think could have great seasons.
      keeper league and Morrow was kept :(

      Comment


      • Thought I'd share my Fantasy roster in the draft I just had with my teammates.

        C Victor Martinez
        1B Carlos Pena
        2B Bill Hall
        3B Ty Wiggington
        SS Hanley Ramirez
        OF Matt Kemp
        OF Drew Stubbs
        OF Grady Sizemore
        DH Jorge Posada

        Bench
        Jose Lopez
        Pat Burrell
        Johnny Gomes
        JP Arencibia

        SP
        Justin Verlander
        Dan Haren
        Clay Bucholtz
        Colby Lewis
        Jake Peavy

        RP
        Francisco Cordero
        Octavio Dotel



        Originally posted by 49erNation85
        I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

        Comment


        • If Garrett Cole continues to throw he way he has been, I want the Pirates to take him. A potential rotation of Cole, Taillon, Allie, and Heredia would be sick nasty. I like Rendon quite a bit, but he's struggling a huge bit and has been hurt.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Hines View Post
            If Garrett Cole continues to throw he way he has been, I want the Pirates to take him. A potential rotation of Cole, Taillon, Allie, and Heredia would be sick nasty. I like Rendon quite a bit, but he's struggling a huge bit and has been hurt.
            Why not just link to Keith Law's blog? lol. You really just recycled what he wrote.
            "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

            Comment


            • Originally posted by djp View Post
              Why not just link to Keith Law's blog? lol. You really just recycled what he wrote.
              Well I have been feeling this for a while now, before he posted it. I also believe it is/could happen. Most Pirate fans will be upset, but I wouldn't. You can find above average hitting anywhere, but you can't find above average pitching in most places. I'd be ok with it.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by yodapoop View Post
                Thank God, I was thinking that too, but thought they might want the veteran presence or something.
                Man, **** the veteran presence. They have Ryan "blow a dick" Franklin.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by EvilMonkey View Post
                  just read Girardi said they might bat jeter leadoff against lefties and gardner leadoff against righties. Can they just admit already that Jeter isnt that good anymore and bat him seventh every day??
                  Jeter is most certainly worth leadoff or 2nd against lefties as of last year, and I despise Derek Jeter.

                  Comment


                  • I am in a 10 man auction keeper league on Saturday...used my keepers on Miguel Cabrera, Carlos Gonzalez and Robinson Cano (yes I am the reigning champ). However I have basically no budget left after that so am scrounging for ways to fill out my pitching staff/hitting order on the cheap. Thoughts on bargains?

                    So far I'm targeting either Mark Reynolds or Aramis Ramirez for 3B, Drew Stubbs who was a beast for me late last year, and might have to go for Mike Stanton even with a limited budget at my disposal.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                      I am in a 10 man auction keeper league on Saturday...used my keepers on Miguel Cabrera, Carlos Gonzalez and Robinson Cano (yes I am the reigning champ). However I have basically no budget left after that so am scrounging for ways to fill out my pitching staff/hitting order on the cheap. Thoughts on bargains?

                      So far I'm targeting either Mark Reynolds or Aramis Ramirez for 3B, Drew Stubbs who was a beast for me late last year, and might have to go for Mike Stanton even with a limited budget at my disposal.
                      I'd go for Pedro Alvarez at 3B. I think he could approach 30 HRs this year and might be cheaper than Reynolds. Depends who is in your league obviously when it comes to the auction. He also won't hit .200 like Reynolds.

                      Comment


                      • I'm not sure anyone has better stuff than Chris Sale. He is absolutely FILTHY. 94-97 with 2 great secondary pitches coming from the first base bag. Kind of reminds me of Billy Wagner from the left side.
                        Last edited by djp; 03-24-2011, 06:28 PM.
                        "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

                        Comment


                        • Lyle Overbay is crushing the baseball this spring.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Hines View Post
                            Lyle Overbay is crushing the baseball this spring.
                            I got to meet him this summer, his little brother was on my summer league team. Awesome dude.



                            Originally posted by 49erNation85
                            I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

                            Comment


                            • If Dave Sappelt does not make the opening day roster i am going to upset.


                              RIP themaninblack

                              Comment


                              • I can't believe the Cardinals are paying Kyle Lohse 11.875 million! WTF!!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information