No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twins fans how do you like Ben Revere thus far?

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig

Comment

• Danny Hultzen is starting to gain momentum for the first pick. I wouldn't hate it, but I'd be disapointed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hines View Post
        Danny Hultzen is starting to gain momentum for the first pick. I wouldn't hate it, but I'd be disapointed.
        I dont think there is anyway in hell that Hultzen goes first. Is he a great college pitcher? Yes, but I think his peak in the bigs is a number 2 starter maybe. Cole is a top of the rotation type pitcher and Rendon is a future all star/gold glove caliber player.

Hultzen is a great pitcher, but not number 1.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
        I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• I think some teams are starting to worry about Rendon so I can see him dropping. Cole has the stuff to go #1 but he hasn't pitched all to well lately either but I still think he goes first. Hultzen will be in the top 5 though.
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• For having elite stuff, Cole sure hasn't been dominant at UCLA. I'd expect Hultzen's numbers with Cole's stuff. I really want Rendon, but I'd be ok with Hultzen. I'd be happy with Cole as well. All in all, I think it's Rendon who takes the first pick.

Comment

• I don't think Rendon goes #1 but we'll get a better feel in another couple of weeks. As for the numbers things that doesn't really matter all that much. Go look at Verlander's last year at ODU, it's very similar to Cole's.
              Last edited by Giantsfan1080; 05-12-2011, 04:49 PM.
              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Reading up on some of the talks about Cole on Baseball America, and the guys say the thing that doesnt worry them is that his stuff is still there, his velo is still there and what not, he has shown that he can be dominant and hes just going through a rough spot. I think Cole is the first pitcher off the board still.

Hultzen will still go top 5, and I see Sonny Gray and Bauer not lasting long behind him.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• Nova Getting lit up at Home against the Royals in the 4th inning (8-0), love it

Comment

• Beltran with 3 HR's!!! He's quietly having one of the better yeard for an OF in baseball.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                      Beltran with 3 HR's!!! He's quietly having one of the better yeard for an OF in baseball.
                      http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/_/id/5890/jose-bautista

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                        Beltran with 3 HR's!!! He's quietly having one of the better yeard for an OF in baseball.
                        Probably wants to cash in on his probably last true pay day at the end of the season.

Comment

• There is nothing quiet about Bautista's year. I think mostly everyone knows he's a great hitter at this point.
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Hines View Post
                            Probably wants to cash in on his probably last true pay day at the end of the season.
                            Quite possibly but I'm still going to enjoy it while I can. He hasn't really played this well in almost 3 years so it's kind of a suprise that he is now.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• It's a shame Beltran was never healthy enough to be the player he should have been after he signed that contract. I'll still never forget that crazy playoff run he had with the Astros. Looked like Superman for a few weeks.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• He's still been excellent when healthy though. Underappreciated by too many Mets fans because he was the one to K in the 2006 NLCS.
                                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information