MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
    Lincecum was awesome tonight. Retired 21 straight at one point. And his last two pitches hit 95 and 96 in the ninth inning.
    21 straight was his career high. He hit 130 pitches which was the highest pitch count of any pitcher in a game so far this year, yet he still hit his max speed for the last few pitches. Big time Timmy Jimm is back!

Comment

• Indians rockin Volquez early and capitalize off some Reds errors. 5-1 in bottom of 2nd, goin for the state rival sweep.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)

Comment

• Volquez has flat out sucked in the first inning this year.

Comment

• Yeah, the radio announcers discussed the numbers prior to the opening pitch. We had him dismissed after the 3rd inning. They crept up a bit, game is 8-4. Asdrubel Cabrera with his 2nd home run of the day, 9th on the year, 30th RBI, quietly a nice quarter start for a SS.

Comment

• On April 13th I was telling all my work friends that the Cardinals should get rid of Yadier Molina, sick of his .230-.250 batting average. Yadi was hitting .151 at the time.

At the time.....

5/33, .152 BA, 2 doubles, 0 homeruns, 3 RBIs, 3 walks

Since then......

40/103 .388 BA, 9 doubles, 1 triple, 3 homeruns, 16 RBIs, 8 walks

Comment

• Asdrubal Cabrera 5-5 with 5 RBIs. He's been on fire this year. If he doesn't start the all-star game then it's robbery.

Comment

• Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                Asdrubal Cabrera 5-5 with 5 RBIs. He's been on fire this year. If he doesn't start the all-star game then it's robbery.
                He has pissed straight excellence. With Grady back Friday we should be a bit more bolstered, sucks the juice sucking Hafner keeps getting injured. White out 2-3 months, wish we could avoid the bug.

Comment

• thankfully we have 7 starting pitchers who can go out there and pitch a decent game at least....and that Choo has finally started to hit well consistently. I would like to see them shuffle the lineup a bit when Sizemore gets back with Brantley leading off, Sizemore hitting 3rd, and Santana sliding down to 7th (though that may be too many lefties in a row).

Comment

• I agree with the first two proposals of your lineup - except Brantley is too good to have batting that late. Why was LaPorta out today? Doesn't matter, was just wondering. Great sweep of a first place team. The mission continues.

Comment

• Porcello pitched 8 shutout innings and Leyland pulled him with 84 pitches. Now Valverde is going to blow the save. I think Leyland's time in Detroit needs to end soon.

Comment

• Our blowpen ******* sucks! LaRussa, WTF? Garcia went 5 innings and threw 84 pitches. WTF, why do u always pull Garcia like that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                          Porcello pitched 8 shutout innings and Leyland pulled him with 84 pitches. Now Valverde is going to blow the save. I think Leyland's time in Detroit needs to end soon.
                          I thought the Pirates were going to pull it out when they had 2 on and no out, but they didn't.

Comment

• Jim Leyland pulled Rick Porcello after 8 scoreless innings in which he'd allowed just one hit and walked two. He had only thrown 84 pitches and hadn't pitched in 10 days.

Idiot.
                            R.I.P. L.E.F.
                            "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• back to back sweeps for AZ at home(LA & Min)

at .500 now, much much better than I expected this team to be, all this with Justin Upton sucking

Comment

• Definition of Insanity: Running on the best defensive catcher in the league at 3-2 with 1 out in the 9th.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information