Breaking Bad [SPOILERS]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
    The whole "you don't like the same things about the show that I do so you have a short attention span and need things blowing up in your face every 2 seconds" thing is annoying and pretentious. If that's how I felt I wouldn't watch this show. They can work those things in without half of the episode being Walt telling his son some boring story about his father. That could have been cut in half.
    This show has an extended monologue at least every other episode. That's the style of the show and it's not unique to this season.

There's a lot to be taken from Walt's speech about his father. It explains so much of why he is the way he is now. His constant worrying about how he may be perceived as weak by other people, specifically. His character traits are most justifiable and possibly even sympathetic as a result of knowing some of his history.

Also, the payoff with Walt, Jr. pointing out how differently Walt has been since he started cooking came as a surprise to him. This is consequential stuff in how Walt operates moving forward. It's a necessary aspect of the show.
    R.I.P. L.E.F.
    "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
      Well that's exactly what i thought too but then he threw it up..
      The pill could have been something to coat the lining of his stomach so the poison didn't effect him as quickly. He needed to buy time to wait to puke it up to not arouse too much suspicion.

He would have died without the pill. Throwing up the poison immediately wouldn't even have saved him, I doubt.
      R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
        To summarize:

I hate how you guys talk about things you want to talk about. Everyone should only talk about what I want to talk about.

Thanks for that, I'll go back to doing what I wanted to do anyway.

Also, welcome to the internet. All of this is pointless.
        No talk about whatever you want, and let other people say what they want. I was just saying that's what I like to talk about. The rest is just very repetitive. I can deal with people being happy or unhappy with an episode but why judge them for that? No one likes to have their intelligence insulted (though at times it's necessary). I guess I did sound selfish at the end but that wasn't my intention. That's what I get for typing a persuasive paper and this at once. I don't mean to sound like a dick it's just frustrating sometimes

And wouldn't it be easier for Gus to vomit something substantive like a pill than alcohol alone? And why did the guy from the cartel say it was clean? Shouldn't he have had someone try it before that situation even came up? I feel like people of Eladios status would have taken much further measures because that was way too easy.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44

Comment

• Gus drank first. Don Eladio thinks he's smarter than Gus. It was evident when with the way he was talking down to Gus and how he has his little flare ups every 20 years.
          R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
            Gus drank first. Don Eladio thinks he's smarter than Gus. It was evident when with the way he was talking down to Gus and how he has his little flare ups every 20 years.
            I guess I get what you're saying but they were just having intense negotiations I would not trust anyone who I just screwed with to give my food or drink. I do like how Walt has sort of rubbed off on Jesse. The lab scene was very cool. What percent purity oes Walt normally make?

Compliments of TACKLE

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
              No talk about whatever you want, and let other people say what they want. I was just saying that's what I like to talk about. The rest is just very repetitive. I can deal with people being happy or unhappy with an episode but why judge them for that? No one likes to have their intelligence insulted (though at times it's necessary). I guess I did sound selfish at the end but that wasn't my intention. That's what I get for typing a persuasive paper and this at once. I don't mean to sound like a dick it's just frustrating sometimes
              It's fine, Xio is a dick all the time.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
                I guess I get what you're saying but they were just having intense negotiations I would not trust anyone who I just screwed with to give my food or drink. I do like how Walt has sort of rubbed off on Jesse. The lab scene was very cool. What percent purity oes Walt normally make?
                Walt can make 99%. Jesse made what Gale could make at 96%. But as Gale said, there is a "gulf" between those 3%.

For the cartel, however, 96% is enough.
                R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                  It's fine, Xio is a dick all the time.
                  I have a low tolerance for people.
                  R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

Walt can make 99%. Jesse made what Gale could make at 96%. But as Gale said, there is a "gulf" between those 3%.

For the cartel, however, 96% is enough.
                    So when's Jesse gonna crack 100 alone?

Compliments of TACKLE

Comment

• You can't do better than 100% ..
                      R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• I thought Walt did something like 98.2%? Anyway, i agree with BoyWonder in that if i'm a huge cartel leader i'm probably a little more careful with what people give me to ingest, but i think that was the point that Mike made when he told Jesse "we either all stay, or we all go home". It was a carefully planned attack, and he knew Eladio would go crazy for that specific tequila and be a little more careless.

Comment

• ya idk how so many people found the ending to be surprising, was clear that Jesse wasn't going to stay with the cartel and that there was no way in hell Gus was helping them

Comment

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                            ya idk how so many people found the ending to be surprising, was clear that Jesse wasn't going to stay with the cartel and that there was no way in hell Gus was helping them
                            The outcome with the poisoned alcohol was predictable, but it was no less awesome as a result. Gus meticulously preparing to make himself puke was as awesome as him preparing to murder Victor in the lab. The guy is one-of-a-kind.

I enjoyed Mike strangling the negotiator too, and yelling at Jesse to find a weapon.

The fact that you had a pretty good idea of what would happen and it STILL blew our minds goes to show how well this show can execute its plots.
                            R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• Am i the only one that thinks it's ******* awesome to strangle people with a metal wire? That has to be the best mob way to kill people.

Comment

You can't do better than 100% ..
                                Haha duh. I meant reach 100 not surpass it. You're silly.

Compliments of TACKLE

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information