No announcement yet.

Breaking Bad [SPOILERS]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perfect set-up episode for the finale.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

• I suspected Brock would end up with the ricin cigarette. Somehow, some way that would fall in the wrong hands. And Andrea and Brock's presence in many episodes this season had to be leading somewhere. Nothing on this show is incidental.

But it was a good setup episode for the finale. Had some great scenes.

I think it's pretty obvious a certain someone will have a major impact in the finale ...

R.I.P. L.E.F.
      "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• So did Gus poison Brock, or was this just a strange coincidence?

Comment

• Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
          So did Gus poison Brock, or was this just a strange coincidence?
          Well, it wouldn't be totally impossible for Brock to have stolen a smoke from Jesse to try ... but it would have been totally coincidental and convenient.

We'll see. Gus did make that very ominous comment to Jesse about how he will make, I think he called it, an "appropriate response" to the DEA showing up at the laundry.

We might never know. It would be the Vince Gilligan way to leave that ambiguous. The reason Walt/Jesse reunite is less important than the actual fact that they do.
          R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• If it turns out that Gus poisoned Brock (learning against that being the case, personally), doesn't the entire plot remind you of

R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• I just assume Gus poisoned Brock, I didn't think it was really in question. Maybe I'm wrong.

Comment

• I think there's a lot to question about it.

We don't see Walt at any point between him spinning the gun on the patio and Jesse arriving at his house.

Also, I actually bought Gus' reaction to the news of the poisoning. He's a good actor and can play dumb to things he actually does know, but I just have a feeling there's misdirection here.

Walt seems to read every single situation correctly. He's bound to be wrong on one eventually and/or spinning a plot himself.
                R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• It's possible Gus was also paranoid about retaliation from someone cartel related. He didn't have to automatically suspect something involving Walt was up.
                  R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• Huell took the cigarettes when he patted down Jesse. Walt had Saul do it, thus further explaining his frantic calls to Jesse to get down there ASAP.

Then Walt used a different type of poison, not ricin, that will prove not to be fatal, but potent enough to lead Jesse to believe Brock was given ricin, hoping in turn that he'd be able to point the finger at Gus.

Walt is behind this. The plot is WAY too haphazard to have Gus' name attached to it. I have a hard time seeing what Gus' motivation would be to take a chance on alienating Jesse. It was all too sudden.
                    R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• Why would Saul help Walt? What does he care?

The rest makes sense, however.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                        Why would Saul help Walt? What does he care?

The rest makes sense, however.
                        I don't know, but thinking back, the whole Saul-Jesse conversation seemed off. What was the purpose of Saul calling Jesse there anyways? To give him money? To ask him to put in a good word with Gus before he got out of town?

Saul is loyal to Walt. Always has been, moreso than to Jesse.

I just don't think the story Walt spun in Jesse's head is accurate.
                        R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• I understand the purpose of it all, I just don't see how they will neatly explain it.

I think the Gus epiphany not to get in the car is a little odd too.

The show usually does a good job of wrapping these things up, but there have been instances where something happens just because they need it to happen.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Or maybe Tyrus went rogue and poisoned Brock on his own. He showed up immediately after Walt and Jesse had the confrontation in the front yard last week.

I don't like that theory much, but it's better than Gus being behind this.
                            R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                              I understand the purpose of it all, I just don't see how they will neatly explain it.

I think the Gus epiphany not to get in the car is a little odd too.

The show usually does a good job of wrapping these things up, but there have been instances where something happens just because they need it to happen.
                              There's no reason Gus wouldn't be inclined to simply be extra cautious. He did, after all, just kill off the entire leadership group of the cartel.

He also could have seen the sun reflecting off Walt's glasses, which were positioned on the top of his head. There was a lingering shot of Walt's bald head, glasses on top, before the scene ends. He did appear to be looking straight at Walt for a few seconds before turning away. Nothing is accidental.

EDIT: Just watched it on the encore. The camera purposefully pans upward to put Walt's glasses fixed atop his head in clear focus. Cut to black.
                              Last edited by Xiomera; 10-03-2011, 12:04 AM.
                              R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• I sure do like this show!
                                Last edited by Vikes99ej; 10-03-2011, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information