Breaking Bad [SPOILERS]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
    if its not recin then what would be the point of telling the doctors it was recin they would be treating him for the wrong thing.
    They knew to treat for a type of poison, which is enough. As I said, if Walt poisoned him, it probably wasn't something that would have a chance of killing him.

I might be spectacularly wrong by being so adamant that Gus isn't responsible, but with all of the mounting evidence to suggest I'm on the right track, I honestly feel like the burden of proof is on the "Gus did it" group to prove their case.
    R.I.P. L.E.F.
    "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• You don't really have any evidence. It's all subjective, while we know that Gus is capable of this sort of action and seemed to realize Jesse blamed him for the poisoning.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
        You don't really have any evidence. It's all subjective, while we know that Gus is capable of this sort of action and seemed to realize Jesse blamed him for the poisoning.
        I have the backing of 4 seasons of this show that indicate that literally no scene is a throw-away. Nothing on this show ever goes away. And they wouldn't have bothered to built a plausible competing narrative to introduce doubt in Walt's explanation to Jesse otherwise.

At the very least, this is a very sizable and time-invested red herring.
        R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• Exactly, if it wasn't recin than why show Jesse's cigarette missing. I can't believe people actually think it's Walt or Saul. The point of showing Saul delivering money was to show Jesse still cared about these people.

Originally posted by WMD
          Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
          Originally posted by gpngc
          I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
            Exactly, if it wasn't recin than why show Jesse's cigarette missing. I can't believe people actually think it's Walt or Saul. The point of showing Saul delivering money was to show Jesse still cared about these people.
            You have completely missed the point.
            R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• So Walt did it, or got Saul to do it is what youre saying here. Is that correct? And also for some reason they took his cigarette but it may not have been the cigarette even tho the doctors were treating Brock for Recin? Im sorry where is any of this proof you keep saying you have?

Originally posted by WMD
              I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                I have the backing of 4 seasons of this show that indicate that literally no scene is a throw-away. Nothing on this show ever goes away. And they wouldn't have bothered to built a plausible competing narrative to introduce doubt in Walt's explanation to Jesse otherwise.

At the very least, this is a very sizable and time-invested red herring.
                They had an entire season of back story that led absolutely nowhere with season 1, and Marie's little stealing thing was hidden for 2 seasons before it came back. Those scenes were maybe used as a red herring, but I don't think anything in them indicated that Walt or Saul were responsible.

Walt would not hurt Jesse like that unless it was intentionally to save him from something or to rescue him from something worse than him (Jane). It's just not going to happen, Saul is not going to do something like that ever and Walt would not harm a child to the point of putting him in the hospital. It was Gus, whether or not they answer it in the near future or not.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• It may not have been Gus (although I think that's second likely here) but it sure as **** wasn't Walt or Saul.

Originally posted by WMD

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                    So Walt did it, or got Saul to do it is what youre saying here. Is that correct? And also for some reason they took his cigarette but it may not have been the cigarette even tho the doctors were treating Brock for Recin? Im sorry where is any of this proof you keep saying you have?
                    It's not proof, bro. These is no proof for either your theory or mine until the show gives it to us. There is supporting evidence, however, which I will not repeat because I've spelled it out over a span of a dozen posts today.

Walt needed the cigarette to instill the idea that the ricin had been used against Brock by Gus. He didn't literally need the ricin cigarette because he couldn't make more or find a suitable alternative. He needed Jesse to discover it was missing so he could spin his story about Tyrus probably lifting it off him.
                    R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• It's a stretch to believe that Gus could count on Jesse to interpret the poisoning as something that Walt did and not be swayed by the obvious angles Walt can present as to why Gus is the more obvious culprit (because of his willingness to sacrifice a kid).

If Gus wanted Walt out of the way, there are easier methods of doing it.

I also think it's a total ripoff of a LOST plot, and I don't think the show would go and copy it.
                      R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post

I also think it's a total ripoff of a LOST plot, and I don't think the show would go and copy it.
                        Yeah no, not at all. The MIB/Jacob/Ben thing is just not close to this, sorry.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• http://tunedin.blogs.time.com/2011/1...-up-on-a-roof/

Plot-wise, this is an elegant twist. But it also seems like an extremely complicated multiple bank shot, even for Gus. We need to assume—if Walt is correct—that Gus deduced the ricin plot (entirely plausible), got Tyrus to lift the deadly cigarette (possible), somehow managed, unnoticed, to get Brock to ingest the ricin (maybe--where and when was the opportunity?), all on the assumption that Jesse, on his own would assume that it was actually Walt (for whom the task would be even more difficult) and come to kill him. And yet Gus—who as Walt has said and this theory assumes, thinks a dozen steps ahead—does not anticipate that Walt would, as we have just seen, persuade Jesse of the more likely possibility that Gus was behind it? (Another problem: in order to rule out the more-obvious explanation—that Brock just got the cigarette from Jesse's backpack and smoked it, like kids do—we have to follow Jesse laying out the chain of custody for his bag in the middle of the scene.)
                          Last edited by Xiomera; 10-03-2011, 07:23 PM.
                          R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                            Yeah no, not at all. The MIB/Jacob/Ben thing is just not close to this, sorry.
                            I disagree. There are major similarities. I'm not intending saying Gilligan watched LOST and then said, "Hey, that's a good idea" and then used it on Breaking Bad. Why are we arguing over this? It's not central to what I'm saying. Just making a simple observation.

Explanation of the similarity (in spoilers for those who haven't watched LOST):

Last edited by Xiomera; 10-03-2011, 07:14 PM.
                            R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• I don't know how you can say "Walt wouldn't do..." to anything. The guy has clearly displayed that he is completely irrational at this point, is not thinking clearly, and will do anything that comes into his demented little mind to get someone to help him put Gus down.

Saul will never do any of the dirty work with his own hands, but sure as hell is willing to aid in it if he thinks it is in his best-interests. Saul has known about Walt's intentions to get rid of Gus, and getting rid of Gus is good for Saul at this point. He and Walt needed a way to get Jesse back on board the kill Gus project.

There is ZERO use in this plot for Gus to have been responsible for Brock's poisoning. The motive and ability to have done this rests completely with Saul and Walt.

Comment

• I don't even care if I end up being wrong. I'm just trying to make conversation here because there are very clearly reasons to doubt that Gus did it.

Even if it is as black and white as most of you guys are reading the situation, the writers and directors definitely went to lengths to at least introduce doubt in the narrative that Walt laid out for Jesse. You can't tell me that some of this stuff doesn't give even the most stubborn among you an inkling of doubt.
                                R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information