Breaking Bad [SPOILERS]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
    I didn't watch that show, but I know it aired long before the Internet was booming with television discussion. I stand by my suggestion that LOST kicked it into high gear.
    R.I.P. L.E.F.
    "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• The reasons so many people try and make predictions for Breaking Bad is a) it's a good, plot-heavy show which allows people to care that much about it, but much more importantly, b) it's a show that relies heavily on symbolism and foreshadowing. Every episode is ripe with hidden hints and symbolism, and Gilligan isn't including that just for kicks. To a certain extent you could argue he wants the viewer to try and decipher the subtext of every episode, which is exactly what happens here.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Comment

• Comment

• I missed a few episodes from the first part of the season so I'm rewatching it now. I forgot how much I hated that part where Skylar yells "shut up" 50 times. Definitely the worst minute of the entire series.

Originally posted by SolidGold
          Bortlezzzzzzz
          Originally posted by Monomach
          Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 

Comment

• Originally posted by jrdrylie View Post
            I missed a few episodes from the first part of the season so I'm rewatching it now. I forgot how much I hated that part where Skylar yells "shut up" 50 times. Definitely the worst minute of the entire series.
            Misogynist.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Comment

• Marie should have been told to shut the **** up in the first episode though. And every episode after that.

Comment

• I think the only way Jesse would kill Walt (other than a situation where Walt is trying to kill him) is if it prevented something very bad from happening. Otherwise, I think he's content with just staying as far away from him as possible.

Originally posted by jrdrylie View Post
                I missed a few episodes from the first part of the season so I'm rewatching it now. I forgot how much I hated that part where Skylar yells "shut up" 50 times. Definitely the worst minute of the entire series.
                It's not that bad because she was yelling it at Marie. The worst worst scene is where Skylar sings Happy Birthday to Ted. Everyone agrees on that.

Comment

• Originally posted by WMD View Post
                  I think the only way Jesse would kill Walt (other than a situation where Walt is trying to kill him) is if it prevented something very bad from happening. Otherwise, I think he's content with just staying as far away from him as possible.
                  Thanks for repeating what I said yesterday, Nick.

Obviously, I agree.
                  R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• Originally posted by WMD View Post
                    It's not that bad because she was yelling it at Marie. The worst worst scene is where Skylar sings Happy Birthday to Ted. Everyone agrees on that.
                    I blocked that out. Thanks for remind me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                      Thanks for repeating what I said yesterday, Nick.

Obviously, I agree.
                      I'm sure I said it better, and I'll receive more +rep for my post than yours.

Comment

• I own this thread, Nick. You are the Skinny Pete to my Jesse Pinkman.
                        R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• Originally posted by djp View Post
                          That's certainly an optimistic way of looking at it. To me, I think it's just more people wanting to "be right" and brag about it later. I just see it with every TV show, people wanting to "outsmart" the writers and predict what's going to happen. It's really, really bad with Homeland, too.

I definitely get what you're saying though, but I do feel like there is a difference between people genuinely discussing the show and others who are trying to prove how smart they are.
                          I think you're really looking way to much into it. It's just fun. Simple discussion of a tv show.

I doubt many people take all that much pride in predicting a fictional tv show on a message board.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

• xioxio does.

Comment

• Originally posted by thefalconer View Post
                              xioxio does.
                              Only when there's near 100% opposition to my theory.
                              R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                                I own this thread, Nick. You are the Skinny Pete to my Jesse Pinkman.
                                if anything youre skyler

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information