Breaking Bad [SPOILERS]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
    Last night was ******* ridiculous. Does anybody else not trust this new lab partner?
    Me neither. He was too sycophant suckup for me. "I'm a nerd, heh heh...." Yeah, no ****. That is so 80s, or so 70s actually..... that resume was bogus, he said he was a chemist & probably used to work @ Starbucks, LOL. The underground lab is a trap, only 1 way in & out.

He's either DEA or Gus' man who will take Walt out once they cook $3m worth of Blue Sky, now Gus has to feed Hank to the killer twins to keep Walt cooking, amazing.

Anyone else think Hank or the twins might not survive the confrontation that's coming? Hank is a main character but might have a complete nervous breakdown & go off the edge soon. Gus might go away too, you could see the mortal fear in his eyes when the twins sat at Hermanos Pollos (Chicken Bros.) all day & later at the desert meeting.

Adios to the RV, goodbye magic bus!

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
      Me neither. He was too sycophant suckup for me. "I'm a nerd, heh heh...." Yeah, no ****. That is so 80s, or so 70s actually..... that resume was bogus, he said he was a chemist & probably used to work @ Starbucks, LOL. The underground lab is a trap, only 1 way in & out.

He's either DEA or Gus' man who will take Walt out once they cook $3m worth of Blue Sky, now Gus has to feed Hank to the killer twins to keep Walt cooking, amazing.

Anyone else think Hank or the twins might not survive the confrontation that's coming? Hank is a main character but might have a complete nervous breakdown & go off the edge soon. Gus might go away too, you could see the mortal fear in his eyes when the twins sat at Hermanos Pollos (Chicken Bros.) all day & later at the desert meeting.

Adios to the RV, goodbye magic bus!
      Yeah, I don't trust the lab partner. I don't think that the lab partner is a fake though, just an inside man somehow.

I do think that we are going to see the end of Hank, though (which kills me). From the 30 second preview, it seems that he might have an emotional breakdown and then after it might be Hank vs. the twins, which would be incredible to see.

Comment

• Was anyone surprised last nights episode was great?

That's Breaking Bad's m.o., they lull ya to sleep the first 3-4 episodes then blast you with an uppercut to the chin!

I just wonder how long this series can actually last? At some point the shoe will drop on either Walt or his family, and I can't seeing the show last much longer after that.

Walt goes to prison/killed= shows over

One of Walts family killed/arrested= shows over

Comment

• Originally posted by contento View Post
          One of Walts family killed/arrested= shows over
          No, not at all. I could definitely see Skylar or Walt Jr. taking one for the team and the show keep going after that.

by BoneKrusher
          <DG> how metal unseen
          <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• I almost hope that Skylar bites it. She is an annoying ***** and gets more annoying every time I see her.

Originally posted by fenikz
            His soft D really turns me off
            ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
              No, not at all. I could definitely see Skylar or Walt Jr. taking one for the team and the show keep going after that.
              If Walt Jr dies Skylar goes to the police so I am not sure that happens. If he were to die though that would make for some fascinating television.

Last nights episode was ******* insane and just further proves that Breaking Bad is the best show on television right now.

Comment

• I don't think that Walt's new lab partner is an undercover agent or anything like that. I simply think he is Walt's replacement, Im rather disappointed that Walt doesnt see this. Bring in another chemist, have him learn Walt's formula and how he does everything, then no need for Walt.

Right now Walt is just barely worth the trouble Gus is having keeping him around, once someone else knows how to cook like him there is zero use for him and would save Gus/his syndicate a lot of trouble & money.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Peefs????? View Post
                  I don't think that Walt's new lab partner is an undercover agent or anything like that. I simply think he is Walt's replacement, Im rather disappointed that Walt doesnt see this. Bring in another chemist, have him learn Walt's formula and how he does everything, then no need for Walt.

Right now Walt is just barely worth the trouble Gus is having keeping him around, once someone else knows how to cook like him there is zero use for him and would save Gus/his syndicate a lot of trouble & money.
                  That's what I think too.. but I think Walt will catch on.. somehow. That's just the way he does things. Walt knows whats up.

Comment

• Yeah I don't think the assistant is sinister. I also get the feeling that Gus wants Walt around. I mean, he was willing to throw him to the curb earlier, but his attempts to make sure he was still alive and his ultimate offering of Hank to the twins instead makes me think he likes Walt as a business partner

by BoneKrusher
                    <DG> how metal unseen
                    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
                      Yeah I don't think the assistant is sinister. I also get the feeling that Gus wants Walt around. I mean, he was willing to throw him to the curb earlier, but his attempts to make sure he was still alive and his ultimate offering of Hank to the twins instead makes me think he likes Walt as a business partner
                      I actually think he hates Walt as a business partner. At first Walt was associated with a junky, seemingly one of Gus' top no-no's. Then he had to deal with the whole Skyler & is she going to be a problem thing. Now he has to deal with repercussions of Walt's actions with the Mexi Wonder Twins. In my mind Gus cant wait for this batch of meth to be cooked and to possibly replace Walt with this new, less troublesome (seemingly) guy.

Comment

• The writers are keeping Gus' motivations in the dark for a reason. How this is ultimately settled will largely be his decision (as shown by tonight's episode), so they need to keep it under wraps. By the way, anyone notice that his store fronts refer to him being one of at least two brothers? I wouldn't be shocked if we find he has a partner in his business.

At any rate, I love this show. The 2nd season was one of the best I've ever seen and this 3rd season has been really good.

Comment

• If you look at Cranston as Walt closely in those black humor moments like when he's dirty & crawling out from underneath the house & when he's confronting Ted in his office & throws the fake plant against his window, you can see glimmers of him as Hal in Malcolm in the Middle. MitM was OK but not spectacular, Cranston was totally wasted in it; he's Dagwood Bumstead -- Jane Kaczmarek (the mom) did most of the acting.

The show is garnering accolades from everywhere, everybody is calling it the best thing on TV, hands down. one reviewer compared it to the closest we have to Coen Bros. noir films like Fargo & Blood Simple -- I think that's high praise & valid. Stephen Colbert even did a sheep joke about it yesterday, called it Breaking Baaaaad..... uggh:
                          Last edited by LizardState; 04-28-2010, 04:42 PM.

Comment

• Such a sick episode. I thought Hank was going to have a Heart Attack in the hospital. Hes such a fat ****...

Comment

• I'd say Gus is looking to nab the recipe and let his guy cook from there. It frees him up to let the twins take out Walt and get off his ass without hurting his business. Sending them after Hank is just the icing on the cake. It gives him time to get Walt's recipe and could take out the biggest threat to his gig, too. Hank is dangerously close and clearly not backing down. Gus could see the cartel's power reduced in the process if the DEA starts looking there instead of locally.

My guess, however, is that the Walt wises up to it. Plus the writing for this show has been stellar so far. My prediction is the whole thing blows up in Gus' face in a big way. The cartel sees his move for what it is - a set up that will only hurt the Cartel in the long run. I do find it odd that the Cartel would say Hank is off limits after sending a giant, exploding turtle to the El Paso DEA guys, though.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• So, a USAToday article just kind of spoiled what was going to be happening at the end of this next episode, and even though I'm peeved that I saw it, its going to be fricken' epic.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information