Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Voodoo! Doughie! Bark twice if you're above water (or in Milwaukee)!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voodoo! Doughie! Bark twice if you're above water (or in Milwaukee)!!!

So yeah, dunno if you all have been watching the news, but some southern parts of the US have been hit HARD with flash flooding. We have a ton of forum members in the these areas, and I know in the Nashville/Middle Tennessee area alone we have Voodoo, Doughie, Staubach12, RCAChainGang, Hawk, and I know I have family in the area so I'm sure they do too. Please keep them and any others in your thoughts and prayers, because not only have these floods been deadly (at least 1 drowning has been confirmed), but the amount of damage and lost possessions will be catastrophic.

The Tennessee Titans' LP Field has flooded several feet:

An interstate nearby my older sister's exit:

Yes, that was a building floating by...

And the famous Opryland Hotel:

People needed to be rescued by boat after getting stuck on the interstate with rapidly rising waters, and you can reportedly see 3-foot carp swimming down the roads and stuff. Which begs the question: How good is the fishing in LP Field? ;)
    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

We got a piece of that storm here in Oxford, it was the end of the storm and it only hit us for about an hour but I have never seen it rain so hard in my life. Nashville got something like 18 inches in 2 days and Memphis got it bad too, what a crazy storm. A bunch of people I know from Nashville have a ton of damage in their houses, a lot of the phone towers here were knocked out too from the wind do it took a while for them to get in contact with their families. Crazy stuff.

Comment

Where are you TH.

Comment

go out and loot me some nice things

Comment

I'm in Chattanooga, CC, but it's fine here. We only really got one night of the monsooning, lol.

Chattanooga is in a valley, so the mountains do a good job of shielding us from the harsh weather. My backyard is flooded pretty bad, but there's a lot of space back there for it to runoff into, so we made out pretty well. I may go out and take pictures tomorrow cause it kind've looks like we're on lakefront property right now, haha. But yeah, it came down hard last night. Huge drops and it was just constant, non-stop pouring. We probably got pelted for a few hours straight, but it looks like the Nashville area got the worst since the Cumberland flooded. Fortunately the Mississippi River didn't unleash on Memphis and the Tennessee River held back on Knoxville and Chattanooga. But then again, the Miss. is just huge in volume and has more miles of it to fill and the Tenn. has TVA to help maintain the levels.
          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Yeah, I seemed to leave Nashville at the right time. Sorry to hear that though. :( May God be with you.

sig by fenikz
            Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
            You are just a terrible person.
            Originally posted by bigbluedefense
            I have an iPhone.

Comment

I was down there a few months ago and it's hard to believe the Sommet center has water. Must've been an absolute downpour.

Comment

It was flooded over a lot of houses and buildings in my town of Bellevue. My neighborhood has like three ways out of it but they were all flooded so I had to sit at home for a couple of days without electricity. I was so bored.
                Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by vikes_28 View Post
                  Yeah, I seemed to leave Nashville at the right time. Sorry to hear that though. :( May God be with you.
                  This is all your fault you soul-less SOB. ;)

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

its floods every year does it not?

people need to realize this and move

Comment

Not in Nashville, this was just a freak storm. The Mississippi River is way west of Nashville, and the big annual floods that river is known for are usually in the midwest.

Comment

how high's the water, momma?

five feet high and risin'

by BoneKrusher
                        <DG> how metal unseen
                        <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                          its floods every year does it not?

people need to realize this and move
                          It's the state capital of Tennessee, fenikz. It's kind've a big deal. People know it. It's street vendors sell many leatherbound books, and it's coffee shops smell of rich mahooooooooooooooogany. There can be no moving.

But yeah, like Don said, this caliber of flooding is extremely rare in Tennessee period, let alone one of the metropolitan areas like Nashville, but that's cause the levees failed and the river flooded into the city and outlying suburbs. You're thinking about the midwest like around Iowa along the Miss. River and it's tributaries, where floods aren't as uncommon.
                          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Yeah, there was nothing common about this flood. If you saw these rivers naturally and then the houses that ended up flooded, you'd be shocked to say the least.
                            Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                            RIP themaninblack

Comment

Yeah my house back home is right on Old Hickory Lake. My parents had to tie our dock to a ******* tree because it floated off the 12 ft poles that held it in place. They also had to pump water out of the basement. Schools are closed, bridges are completely covered in water, its pretty damn bad.

My friend also said baseball is canceled for awhile because the water washed away all the dirt. It's crazy how much it flooded. I've lived there all my life and never seen it even remotely that high.

Luckily I'm in Knoxville, and we only had a little bit of rain, but I know I'll definitely be helping the clean up when the semester is over in a week.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information