Official Madden 11 Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
    ****, so I wouldn't even be able to get roster updates after training camps and final cuts are made, huh?

It's a smart business move by them. We'll probably have this copy from Gamefly for a month or two, but I don't think I'm about to fork over 10 bucks just to get a roster update.

This stupid exclusive rights deal ends in 2012. Hopefully, the NFL doesn't renew it.
    Why would the NFL not renew?

Follow Me on Twitter!
    https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

• Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
      Why would the NFL not renew?
      Hopefully, another (or multiple) software company with big bucks could pony up deals for licensing rights where the total money from EA plus other companies exceeds what EA can offer alone.

Comment

• Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
        Hopefully, another (or multiple) software company with big bucks could pony up deals for licensing rights where the total money from EA plus other companies exceeds what EA can offer alone.
        I hope. We all hope.

Comment

• Originally posted by steelersfan43 View Post
          I hope. We all hope.
          The problem is that EA dwarfs almost every other video game publisher. That's why it'd probably take multiple publishers to pay for rights, and I doubt that many publishers are going to develop a new football game.

Comment

• Yea they're assholes. Do they have an exclusive liscense for college football too?

Comment

• Originally posted by steelersfan43 View Post
              Yea they're assholes. Do they have an exclusive liscense for college football too?
              Dunno how college licenses work (whether it's an entire NCAA license or by individual teams), but I know it's not exlucsive. But they have a 15 year exclusive license w/ESPN, and ESPN is the biggest college football producer, so it may as well be an exclusive.

Comment

• This game ******* sucks. The Strategy Pad can blow me, and I saw defensive backs and linebackers drop about 20 interceptions. I mean, one of my linebackers just straight up punched the ball out of the air twice when he could have just picked it off. Something isn't right there.

However, the game does look really nice!! :)

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Anyone else find it takes like 7 guys to bring down the damn RB.

Comment

• Originally posted by SwagU View Post
                    Anyone else find it takes like 7 guys to bring down the damn RB.
                    Yeah, especially when you're facing Jonathan Stewart.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

• my only concern is the aubibles and hot routes. i dont see why they had to change it all to the d-pad. those buttons are now useless pre-snap.

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

• I'm considering buying Madden for the first time in four years because I actually have time on my hands to play it this month.

Is it a good game this year? I stick to playing franchise mode. Is it worth $60?
                        R.I.P. L.E.F.
                        "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• If you haven't played it in awhile, you'll like it.
                          "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Chris Johnson (if used correctly) is the unstoppable force in Madden that Mike Vick once was; a Madden legend in the making.

Comment

• Originally posted by djp View Post
                              If you haven't played it in awhile, you'll like it.
                              Yeah, it's been probably 3 years since I played any video games at all.

I see a lot of complaints from you guys, but I can't sort out which of them would apply to me. I will only play franchise mode really.
                              R.I.P. L.E.F.
                              "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• Originally posted by jag View Post
                                Yeah it's for all online content. But I don't see it as a big deal, if you buy the game you get the code. It's just trying to stop people from buying it used right away.
                                It sucks. My brother and I both play online and we have different psn/gamertags so now one of us has to cough up $10 to play online. That part is ********.

Originally posted by SwagU View Post
                                Anyone else find it takes like 7 guys to bring down the damn RB.
                                It pretty much takes the whole defense to take down Shonn Greene.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information