Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PoKEMON THREAD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by bearfan View Post
    When did this thread come out????

    I've gotten back into HG this summer and it's sick. If you do a little bit of research into it (God I feel nerdy), you realize there is more to training a pokemon than just leveling it up. There are EVs and Natures to worry about as well. I have two parties:
    1st:
    tyhphlosian, ampharos, blastoise, snorlax, torterra, kingdra
    2nd: (being built now)
    Gliscor, vaporeon, mismagias, scizor, gallade, blaziken

    Im loving me some pokemon. Yesss
    Yes sir! EVs are critical. Natures are critical. I have a few guys that I have spent forever breeding to get the perfect natures and then EV trained them. They ******* run ****. You feel like a nerd playing Pokemon, but ****, it is fun, and not real different then most other video games. Well yeah it is, but you get my point.

    Bonekrusher.

    Originally posted by JordanTaber
    Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by prock View Post
      Yes sir! EVs are critical. Natures are critical. I have a few guys that I have spent forever breeding to get the perfect natures and then EV trained them. They ******* run ****. You feel like a nerd playing Pokemon, but ****, it is fun, and not real different then most other video games. Well yeah it is, but you get my point.
      Breeding for natures sucks, luckily I have someone who is easily bribed to breeding my pokemon. Took them 6 hours to breed my Ralts to a Jolly nature. I don't understand IVs yet and idk if I will be willing to put the time in to breed for them.

      I have had the hardest time breeding a Jolly/Adamant Gligar you have no idea. Seriously I have about 10 - 15 gligars that have the wrong nature. Assholes.

      Originally posted by BeansDooma
      who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

      Comment


      • I think the better question is what were you doing using Gligar in the first place?
        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
        The APS is strong in this one.
        Originally posted by killxswitch
        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
          I think the better question is what were you doing using Gligar in the first place?
          To evolve it into a Gliscor. Flying/Ground with base 95speed/95 attack.
          This is my test lineup, since after some research there are more battle strategies to pokemon than just giving a pokemon a moveset that is effective to the most type of pokemon (ex my Blastoise has surf/hydropump/icebeam/earthquake). So my Gliscor ideally will have Earthquake/roost/stealth rock/taunt (or something else). So I am trying to use moves other than just attack moves to do some damage, ex Gallade has moveset of substitute/swords dance/psycho cut/close combat.

          Originally posted by BeansDooma
          who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

          Comment


          • Ahhh see, I stopped playing after Silver and Gold. Didnt know he had an evolution that was actually worthwhile.
            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
            The APS is strong in this one.
            Originally posted by killxswitch
            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
              Ahhh see, I stopped playing after Silver and Gold. Didnt know he had an evolution that was actually worthwhile.
              See, I did as as well. Then I picked up HG. Half the new pokemon I'm either like "wtf" or "dumb". Giscor is legit though

              Originally posted by BeansDooma
              who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

              Comment


              • I love Pokeman

                Comment


                • I honestly don't know if our generation will outgrow pokemon. We were raised with it, and for years have played it. It is a vital part of our childhood and IMO a lot of early friendships intergrated pokemon. Some people say it's stupid, but I think It has become something that connects 85% of the 90's kids.

                  Originally posted by BeansDooma
                  who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                    Ahhh see, I stopped playing after Silver and Gold. Didnt know he had an evolution that was actually worthwhile.
                    Yurp.



                    You should check the new ones out. A lot got new evolutions. Murkrow>Honchkrow. Misdreavus>Mismagius. Tangela>Tangrowth. Lickitung>Lickilicky. Magneton>Magnezone. Electabuzz>Electivire. Magmar>Magmortar. Togetic>Togekiss. Eevee>Leafeon&Glaceon. Rhydon>Rhyperior. And on of my favorites, Sneasal>Weavile!

                    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

                    [@TDWinstead]
                    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

                    Comment



                    • One of my favorites. He kicks ass and has 1 weakness.

                      Sig by Hitman D.

                      Comment


                      • On the anime, Team Rocket just strapped some rockets onto a skyscraper and stole it. Then Ash and Volkner, the Sunnyshore City gym leader, jumped on the side of it mid-take off (while it was firing off like a space shuttle...you know, the kind you have to watch take off from a mile away because it's too dangerous to be any closer...), managed to sneak in, and then fought TR and blasted them off (Yo Team Rocket, I heard you like blasting off. So we defeated you on a rocket so you can blast off while you blast off). Then Volkner took over the controls of the rocket propelled skyscraper, flew it back to Sunnyshore, and then landed it perfectly.

                        ...I ******* hate Pokemon world physics...


                        PS. Scizor is beast. Not only is it only weak to fire (although it's 4x), it resists 10 - 10!!!! - types. And poison doesn't even affect it at all. Not to mention it has Technician in the 4th Gen, which makes any move that has a base power of 60 or less get a 1.5x boost (ie. an attack that used to do 60 damage now does 90 damage). Not to mention, it gets Bullet Punch - a steel type priority move (goes first, like Quick Attack). So it has a priority move that gets a Technician and STAB boost. That's just evil man.
                        Last edited by TitanHope; 07-31-2010, 06:38 AM.
                        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

                        [@TDWinstead]
                        Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by bearfan View Post
                          When did this thread come out????

                          I've gotten back into HG this summer and it's sick. If you do a little bit of research into it (God I feel nerdy), you realize there is more to training a pokemon than just leveling it up. There are EVs and Natures to worry about as well. I have two parties:
                          1st:
                          tyhphlosian, ampharos, blastoise, snorlax, torterra, kingdra
                          2nd: (being built now)
                          Gliscor, vaporeon, mismagias, scizor, gallade, blaziken

                          Im loving me some pokemon. Yesss
                          We all have our hang ups. I have to be one of, if not the biggest video game nerd on here. lol.

                          As for the pokemonzzz...You guys are going to make me, dust off the old collector book and take a peek. That's where it ends, though. I wont get back into this crap. haha. I'll admit, when I was like 12, there was nothing better than opening up one of those single packages and getting a holographic card. lol.

                          ....

                          As for Monchamp...I remember my mom washed my holographic one, so I have that in my pokemon binder, all dried up and wilted and what not. ha. I was pissed. This thread brings back good memories.

                          edit...last thing, the new pokemon posted in this thread look so stupid. They dont fit in with the originals at all, they just look hokey.

                          Thanks BoneKrusher^

                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                          KO KNOWS

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post

                            edit...last thing, the new pokemon posted in this thread look so stupid. They dont fit in with the originals at all, they just look hokey.
                            The 4th Gen legendaries ruined legendaries for me. There's like a dozen of them in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. That's just too many.

                            I love the legendary birds and dogs legendaries. Mythical enough to make them special, but not ubers that are godly in battles. Mewtwo, Lugia, and Ho-Oh were the epitome of legendaries for me. Then the 3rd Gen came out with more legendaries than usual. The Regi trio, Lati@s, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, and Deoxys. 10 is a lot for "legends," but still wasn't too over the top.

                            But the the 4th Gen comes out. Not only do they come out with 15 legendaries, they create a pokemon stronger than Mewtwo - Arceus. They all seem mass produced and over the top. What's the backstory with the likes of Heatran and Cresselia? Heatran was even in a movie and didn't do anything worth while - it was even under the control of a human. They also made the likes of Palkia (controls time), Dialga (controls space), Giratina (controls another dimension), and Arceus (creator of existence) too powerful according to their story lines. All have the same total stats as Mewtwo, while Arceus exceeds him, yet the 4 of them came out in one version. That's just too much. But apparently 4 of the strongest pokemon ever wasn't enough. They needed 11 others. Ugh...
                            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

                            [@TDWinstead]
                            Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                              Anybody...anybody...bueller...
                              http://www.bannister.org/software/kigb.htm

                              I used this to play on my mac and it worked for 1st/2nd gen games. Can't get the advance roms to work cause they won't save :/

                              Comment


                              • Pokemon Black & White!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information