PoKEMON THREAD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by badgerbacker View Post
    I can certainly see Arcanine, but Ninetales? Just because of the electric weakness for Charizard or what?
    Ninetales is faster, and I would assume has a higher special. Id have to look it up, but I distinctly remember Arcanine and Ninetales being head and shoulders the best fire Pokemon. And not just electric...the flying type opens him up to several other types of weaknesses such as Ice and compounds other weaknesses like Ground.
    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
    The APS is strong in this one.
    Originally posted by killxswitch
    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
      Ninetales is faster, and I would assume has a higher special. Id have to look it up, but I distinctly remember Arcanine and Ninetales being head and shoulders the best fire Pokemon. And not just electric...the flying type opens him up to several other types of weaknesses such as Ice and compounds other weaknesses like Ground.
      Flying makes him immune to ground......Unless you meant Rock type. And iirc, him being fire type balances out the flying weakness to Ice. Can't remember that for sure...

The reason I typically start with Charmander is because I feel like I can typically get around not having a grass type and I get my water by getting Gyarados right after Vermillion city.

Plus, Growlithe/Vulpix are rather weak and if you evolve them, you miss out on some of their better moves meaning you have to make do with Ember until you get Fireblast.....very lame. And you can't get a Magmar until very late in the game, and then only in Blue.

Comment

• Answer: Charizard.

Reason:

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
        Originally posted by njx9
        do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
          Flying makes him immune to ground......Unless you meant Rock type. And iirc, him being fire type balances out the flying weakness to Ice. Can't remember that for sure...

The reason I typically start with Charmander is because I feel like I can typically get around not having a grass type and I get my water by getting Gyarados right after Vermillion city.

Plus, Growlithe/Vulpix are rather weak and if you evolve them, you miss out on some of their better moves meaning you have to make do with Ember until you get Fireblast.....very lame. And you can't get a Magmar until very late in the game, and then only in Blue.
          Yeah, with Charmander, the 2 toughest gyms are Brock and Misty, but I'd rather it be them than 2 tough gyms. Take Charmander, pick up a Pikachu in the forest and you have your Blastoise killer for the final showdown with Gary.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
            Yeah, with Charmander, the 2 toughest gyms are Brock and Misty, but I'd rather it be them than 2 tough gyms. Take Charmander, pick up a Pikachu in the forest and you have your Blastoise killer for the final showdown with Gary.
            I would catch a Mankey to destroy Brock pretty easily...Misty was always the toughest for me. Staryu wasn't too bad, but Starmie could be a killer. I'd try to Paralyze it with Butterfree or poison it with Butterfree/Nidorino and then beat on it with Pidgeotto.

And Jolteon makes a hella nice Blastoise killer too, lol

Comment

• Random, and I know it's a kids game, but Lavender tower exists, so they might as well be real. There's a level 3 rattata taking on my Gyarados. I nail him with bite. That ******* Rattata doesn't faint. It's dead.

Comment

• <@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
                <@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
                <+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
                <+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.

Comment

• I SUPPORT A GREENER OREGON

Comment

• thought this needed to be put out here
                    Last edited by wicket; 08-01-2010, 05:34 AM.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                    - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                    - Corner or Wideout in the first
                    - No reaching
                    - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• Originally posted by prock View Post
                      Are you getting a Gardevoir or a Gallade?

I have two full boxes of Gibbles, none of them with the perfect nature for my Garchomp. I finally got the right natures, took the time to EV train him, took for ******* ever, and now I have an unbeatable Garchomp.
                      Got the Gallade. EV training isnt that bad if you have the right stuff. I EV trained him 6hp/252attack/252 speed. Give the protein and carbos and it knocks it down to 152evs left. Then magikarp train (1 speed ev) with power anklet which gives 4+ the 1 that you get from battling. So battle 30 of them, macho brace the last one and you end up battling 31 pokemon to max stat an EV AND cause its magikarp they cant hurt your lvl 1 so your level 1 levels up high enough to beat down whatever the next ev challenge is.

Edit: Looking at the top post, I'd take Blastoise over Venusaur or Charizard. IMO water pokemon have the best moves available to them, and Blastoise can learn moves to cover all of his weaknesses by learning Icebeam (grass) and earthquake (electric).
                      Last edited by bearfan; 07-31-2010, 06:04 PM.

Originally posted by BeansDooma
                      who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

• Alright, so I just ran through the Indigo league on Red, and am gonna get a GBA emulator for the Droid and then play some FireRed. Can someone gimme a quick run through of what all this new **** is? Keep in mind I only ever played Gen. 1.

Comment

• The orig 151 is all that matters.. This new **** is ***

Comment

• I would love for someone to hook me up with an emulator for the Leafgreen or FireRed versions. Would be great.
                            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                            The APS is strong in this one.
                            Originally posted by killxswitch
                            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
                              Alright, so I just ran through the Indigo league on Red, and am gonna get a GBA emulator for the Droid and then play some FireRed. Can someone gimme a quick run through of what all this new **** is? Keep in mind I only ever played Gen. 1.
                              Better graphics for one....some other minor upgrades too, like the new types are integrated.

And towards the end of the game, you can go visit a string of islands with a limited selection of newer pokemon on them, as well as a breeder.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                                Better graphics for one....some other minor upgrades too, like the new types are integrated.

And towards the end of the game, you can go visit a string of islands with a limited selection of newer pokemon on them, as well as a breeder.
                                And the pedophile hypno

natures too. They can help or **** up your pokemon's stat growth.

I SUPPORT A GREENER OREGON

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information