No announcement yet.

PoKEMON THREAD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I kinda stopped playing after the first two generations, but there are some other cool looking ones from the newer generations.
    Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
    RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
      As far as fire types go, Arcanine and Ninetales are definitely superior to Charizard. Moltres is a better Fire/Flying, and Magmar with Firepunch is probably superior as well.
      Arcanine > Charizard > Magmar/Ninetales

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
      Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

I would love for someone to hook me up with an emulator for the Leafgreen or FireRed versions. Would be great.
        Download Visual Boy Advance (Game Boy Advance emulator) from here:
        http://emulator-zone.com/doc.php/gba/

Then download the following ROMs:
        Green Leaf - http://www.coolrom.com/roms/gba/1425...Leaf_Green.php

Fire Red - http://www.coolrom.com/roms/gba/1448...-_Fire_Red.php

Simply drag the ROMs out from the Zip file onto your desktop or something, then open the emulator, go to File -> Open, and choose the game you want to play, but not from the Zip file, from where you dragged it out to.

Enjoy the POKeMONZ!

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• all i really know right now is that that mew capture trick from 1st page is awesome

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)

Comment

• Originally posted by prock View Post
            Arcanine > Charizard > Magmar/Ninetales
            to be honest they're all pretty **** in battle. charizard is the only one close to not-useless.
            I'm a state.

Comment

• Arcanine with Extremespeed, Fireblast, Flamethrower, and Dig is filthy.
              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
              The APS is strong in this one.
              Originally posted by killxswitch
              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Anyone familiar with the updates wanna give me a run through on natures, EV's, etc.? I just started a new FireRed game. SQUIRTLE!
                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Anyone familiar with the updates wanna give me a run through on natures, EV's, etc.? I just started a new FireRed game. SQUIRTLE!
                  There's a good table here that is helpful:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nature

Comment

Anyone familiar with the updates wanna give me a run through on natures, EV's, etc.? I just started a new FireRed game. SQUIRTLE!
                    EV's won't do you much good until after you beat the game, unless you want to just stop playing for like two hours and train. But look it up on Bulbapedia did get an idea of it and if you have any further questions, ask away.

Bonekrusher.

Comment

• http://www.smogon.com/ingame/guides/ev_manual

An EV giude.

Once you understand it, there is no going back

Originally posted by BeansDooma
                      who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

• We should seriously get some Shoddy Battle games going. We're just a few steps away from becoming Scott Wright's Pokemon Countdown (SWPC).
                        I'm a state.

Comment

Arcanine with Extremespeed, Fireblast, Flamethrower, and Dig is filthy.
                          Just evolved my Growlithe on SoulSilver. This is my Arcanine currently:

Arcanine - Lvl. 48
                          - Crunch
                          - Flare Blitz
                          - Flamethrower
                          - ExtremeSpeed

I've raised an Espeon, but I've got it stored. I'm gonna train it once I can til it learns Morning Sun (HP recovery move). I can breed Morning Sun into Growlithes, so Arcanine now has a HP recovery move. Flare Blitz is a physical fire attack with a base power of 120, so it takes advantage of Arcanine's better physical attack than special. Huge base damage + Arcanine's high attack + STAB = sweetness. The downside is Flare Blitz hits Arcanine with recoil, but with Morning Sun, it can easily heal any damage from it! Plus, it can learn Sunny Day. Sunny Day will boost Flare Blitz's attack since it's a fire type, and Morning Sun will gain more health because the sunnier it is, the more HP is regained (likewise, if it's raining, hailing, etc., Morning Sun regains less). And with Sunny Day, Solarbeam doesn't need a turn to recharge. No ExtremeSpeed though, which is like an Arcanine staple.

But a set like:

- Flare Blitz
                          - Solarbeam
                          - Morning Sun
                          - Sunny Day

Would be sweet. The 4th Gen did a **** load of favors to Arc's movepool. Arcanine can now re-learn Thunder Fang. Crunch is there, a move tutor (on Platinum I think) can teach it Iron Head, and a move tutor (on FRed/LGreen I think) can teach it Body Slam which had a solid chance to paralyze due to Arc's speed. Not to mention status moves like Toxic and Will-o-wisp, and stat boosters like Howl. But giving it a powerhouse physical move like Flare Blitz was the biggest boost.

You guys are missing out on just using Fire Red/Leaf Green. HeartGold/SoulSilver is where the party is!
                          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                            You guys are missing out on just using Fire Red/Leaf Green. HeartGold/SoulSilver is where the party is!
                            all those have way to many pokemon, more than 151 is annoying

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                            - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                            - Corner or Wideout in the first
                            - No reaching
                            - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• Originally posted by wicket View Post
                              all those have way to many pokemon, more than 151 is annoying
                              I thought that too, until I started playing the newer ones, and now I think it is awesome.

Bonekrusher.

Comment

• Heyo! Already on the S.S. Anne! POKEMONZ!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information