Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PoKEMON THREAD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by nrk View Post
    The original DS could play original Gameboy games. Not sure about DS Lite.
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...8081242AAodvcP

    Yahoo answers states otherwise.

    sig by fenikz
    Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
    You are just a terrible person.
    Originally posted by bigbluedefense
    I have an iPhone.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by vikes_28 View Post
      I was pretty sure the original DS could. I don't use it anymore, my friend does since I bought the DSi XL. I'm going to try it next time I hang out with him. Also, your question asks for Gameboy COLOR games. They required a special processor. It's been a while since I've even tried, I'm probably just remembering false memories.
      Last edited by nrk; 08-02-2010, 03:54 PM.

      Sig by Hitman D.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by bearfan View Post
        Question about Slaking... His ability, truant, is that he cannot attack back to back correct? Or is it he just doesnt do anything every other turn.

        Say one had a moveset for slaking:
        ice punch/bulk up/protect/giga impact.

        Then did: Ice Punch, Protect, Giga Impact ect.
        Would he use the protect and then next turn around be able to attack again?

        I've been thinking of making a lineup that includes him bc his stats are ballin, his only downside is his ability and maybe the protect/up stats route is a way around it.
        He can only attack every other turn, correct. But Giga Impact needs a recharge anyway, and him slacking off counts as a recharge turn.

        Bonekrusher.

        Originally posted by JordanTaber
        Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by bearfan View Post
          Question about Slaking... His ability, truant, is that he cannot attack back to back correct? Or is it he just doesnt do anything every other turn.

          Say one had a moveset for slaking:
          ice punch/bulk up/protect/giga impact.

          Then did: Ice Punch, Protect, Giga Impact ect.
          Would he use the protect and then next turn around be able to attack again?

          I've been thinking of making a lineup that includes him bc his stats are ballin, his only downside is his ability and maybe the protect/up stats route is a way around it.
          It says "Slaking is loafing around" (or something like that) every other turn. The turn is completely forfeited, so you can't use any attack even if it's a non-damaging move. It's like using Hyper Beam when the pokemon has to rest afterwards.

          But, that's why Giga Impact is significant. Since the pokemon has to skip it's next turn, there's no setback to Slaking who has to take it off anyway.

          I was actually a big fan of Vigaroth in the 3rd Gen. Had him on my team when I started off, and he was great. Fast with good attack, and had fun moves like Slash and Yawn which were great that early. Refused to evolve him into Slaking though. Amazing stats, but you might as well halve them because he only gets to use them 1-out-of-2 times, whereas a weaker pokemon can use it's stats 2-out-of-2 times. And if the opposing pokemon is faster, it'll get 3 attacks off before Slaking gets off it's 2nd. That 1 attack better be a 1HKO.
          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

          [@TDWinstead]
          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
            It says "Slaking is loafing around" every other turn. The turn is completely forfeited, so you can't use any attack even if it's a non-damaging move. It's like using Hyper Beam when the pokemon has to rest afterwards.

            But, that's why Giga Impact is significant. Since the pokemon has to skip it's next turn, there's no setback to Slaking who has to take it off anyway.

            I was actually a big fan of Vigaroth in the 3rd Gen. Had him on my team when I started off, and he was great. Fast with good attack, and had fun moves like Slash and Yawn which were great that early. Refused to evolve him into Slaking though. Amazing stats, but you might as well halve them because he only gets to use them 1-out-of-2 times, whereas a weaker pokemon can use it's stats 2-out-of-2 times. And if the opposing pokemon is faster, it'll get 3 attacks off before Slaking gets off it's 2nd. That 1 attack better be a 1HKO.
            I only love Slaking because he is fun. Nobody expects to fight him lol.

            Bonekrusher.

            Originally posted by JordanTaber
            Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by prock View Post
              I only love Slaking because he is fun. Nobody expects to fight him lol.
              Yeah, he's fun. I use him in Double battles sometimes.

              Sig by Hitman D.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by nrk View Post
                Yeah, he's fun. I use him in Double battles sometimes.
                Hell yeah. I also love Sharpedo and Houndoom. Fast and strong.

                Bonekrusher.

                Originally posted by JordanTaber
                Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

                Comment


                • Houndoom might be my favorite pokemon. He has the best Fire/Dark attacks at his disposal and his special attack is through the roof. He doesnt usually stick along too long, but he can dish out a hell of a lot of damage in a really short period of time.
                  Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                  The APS is strong in this one.
                  Originally posted by killxswitch
                  Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

                  Comment


                  • Numel/Camerupt is a really good fire pokemon. Especially if you go with grass/ water in the 3rd gen games.

                    sig by fenikz
                    Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                    You are just a terrible person.
                    Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                    I have an iPhone.

                    Comment


                    • Pokemon games ******* owns. I forgot how awesome these old school games were.

                      Is anybody playing the Pokemon Emerald version? I just got the 4th badge and now I'm stuck and dont know where the hell I'm suppose to go. Help me please :(

                      Props to fenikz on the awesome sig

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Da-Phins View Post
                        Pokemon games ******* owns. I forgot how awesome these old school games were.

                        Is anybody playing the Pokemon Emerald version? I just got the 4th badge and now I'm stuck and dont know where the hell I'm suppose to go. Help me please :(
                        The 5th leader is in that second town, I don't remember what it's called, but wherever your dad's gym is.

                        Bonekrusher.

                        Originally posted by JordanTaber
                        Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Da-Phins View Post
                          Pokemon games ******* owns. I forgot how awesome these old school games were.

                          Is anybody playing the Pokemon Emerald version? I just got the 4th badge and now I'm stuck and dont know where the hell I'm suppose to go. Help me please :(
                          http://guides.ign.com/guides/692344/page_18.html

                          sig by BK and avy by me
                          Originally posted by A Perfect Score
                          If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

                          Comment


                          • Hey, yeah I love pokemon too. Have not played in awhile, but I think I will buy either SoulSilver or HeartGold. Oh an Typhlosion will be waiting for me.

                            Hey you guys see these new 5th Generation Pokemon!
                            http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml

                            The games will be called Pokemon Black and White I guess Ying Yang has something to do with it an American games will be do out next year. There is going to be 167 new Pokemon!!!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Fat_Actor View Post
                              Hey, yeah I love pokemon too. Have not played in awhile, but I think I will buy either SoulSilver or HeartGold. Oh an Typhlosion will be waiting for me.

                              Hey you guys see these new 5th Generation Pokemon!
                              http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml

                              The games will be called Pokemon Black and White I guess Ying Yang has something to do with it an American games will be do out next year. There is going to be 167 new Pokemon!!!
                              I don't know if I can handle more Pokemon haha. But I am gonna buy the game anyway!

                              Bonekrusher.

                              Originally posted by JordanTaber
                              Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

                              Comment


                              • Only thing that sucks about pokemon games is the price. These things dont depreciate in value, because they dont make the GBA ones anymore. They're all $25+ used. Leafgreen was $29.

                                Thanks BoneKrusher^

                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                                KO KNOWS

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information