PoKEMON THREAD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
    Only thing that sucks about pokemon games is the price. These things dont depreciate in value, because they dont make the GBA ones anymore. They're all $25+ used. Leafgreen was $29.
    Can get cheaper ones on Ebay I am sure.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
    Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

• just finished the e4 on an original red emulator and am now booting up an emerald one

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)

Comment

• Originally posted by prock View Post
        Can get cheaper ones on Ebay I am sure.
        Or fo free with emulators

Comment

• I think I am going to get HeartGold. When the original gold and silver games came out I went with gold. Im gonna have to get my Typhlosion back up to lv.100. Hey when I get my team set-up I will battle some of ya.

Comment

• Started a new FireRed file on my day off yesterday...switching things up from my normal strategy and went with Squirtle to start. Main team right now is:

37 Blastoise
            31 Kadabra (Psybeam 1 hit killed Surge's Raichu! Muahaha!)
            30 Fearow (Normally always go with the Pidgey chain, changing it up)
            28 Growlithe (He's pretty weak...but want to get a more powerful attack than Ember before evolving)
            29 Dugtrio (Caught in Diglett's cave for Surge, didn't even need him)
            6 Paras (Cut and Flash...)

One problem with not taking Charmander became quickly apparent...I had no one to teach Cut to. ****. I'm thinking about catching a Cubone in the tower and teaching him cut, he can learn it iirc.

Then I'm bringing aboard Jolteon. Going to beat the e4 with no legendaries first time through.

Btw, just beat the Celadon gym and got the Silph scope...that's where I'm at right now.
            Last edited by BeerBaron; 08-03-2010, 02:19 PM.

Comment

• I use Oddish/Gloom/Vileplume for cut. They are acceptable grass substitutes until you get Fly and Jolteon.
              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
              The APS is strong in this one.
              Originally posted by killxswitch
              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• I'm going to be starting a new game in Soul Silver, but I might breed/transfer some pokemon to start the next game with. What should my final lineup be (I don't want to use any legendaries)? I like Metagross, Gengar, and Swampert, but the rest is up in the air. I'm considering Togekiss (with Serene Grace), Arcanine or maybe Jolteon. Any suggestions?
                Last edited by badgerbacker; 08-03-2010, 02:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                  I use Oddish/Gloom/Vileplume for cut. They are acceptable grass substitutes until you get Fly and Jolteon.
                  I usually don't do a grass type in regular playthroughs. If I was trying to create an uber team for battling other people, I'd probably think otherwise, but I think the main game itself is easy to get through without a grass.

Comment

• Originally posted by badgerbacker View Post
                    I'm going to be starting a new game in Soul Silver, but I might breed/transfer some pokemon to start the next game with. What should my final lineup be (I don't want to use any legendaries)? I like Metagross, Gengar, and Swampert, but the rest is up in the air. I'm considering Togekiss (with Serene Grace), Arcanine or maybe Jolteon. Any suggestions?
                    Jolteon all the way.. He's literally the best electric type pokemon that i can think of. Make sure he's a timid nature to be effective.
                    Last edited by MiWolves; 08-03-2010, 02:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by badgerbacker View Post
                      I'm going to be starting a new game in Soul Silver, but I might breed/transfer some pokemon to start the next game with. What should my final lineup be (I don't want to use any legendaries)? I like Metagross, Gengar, and Swampert, but the rest is up in the air. I'm considering Togekiss (with Serene Grace), Arcanine or maybe Jolteon. Any suggestions?
                      Well you have:
                      Psychic/Steel
                      Ghost/Poison
                      Water/Ground
                      so far...

I like the three you have picked out. Togekiss has big SP. Attack as does Jolteon (plus great speed and even better with the right nature/ev train) and Arcanine gives you a solid fire.

Only problem is that you have 3 guys weak to ground (Metagross, Arcanine and Jolteon), but you do cover all types very well.

Originally posted by BeansDooma
                      who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

• I just bred a Machop who is quick tempered and jolly so he has bonus attack and speed, so now I am just gonna EV train it and rape everything.

Bonekrusher.

Comment

I just bred a Machop who is quick tempered and jolly so he has bonus attack and speed, so now I am just gonna EV train it and rape everything.
                          How does the stuff like "quick tempered" or "scatters things often" effect the pokemon? I know nature adds and subtracts I think like 10%, but I havent read what the other does.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearfan View Post
                            How does the stuff like "quick tempered" or "scatters things often" effect the pokemon? I know nature adds and subtracts I think like 10%, but I havent read what the other does.
                            I'm not sure what the numbers are on it, but I do know it helps raise stats at a faster rate, just like natures do.

Bonekrusher.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                              Only thing that sucks about pokemon games is the price. These things dont depreciate in value, because they dont make the GBA ones anymore. They're all $25+ used. Leafgreen was $29.
                              Wow really? where are you buying your games from? I can get emerald for 20 and LG/FR for 15.

sig by fenikz
                              Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                              You are just a terrible person.
                              Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                              I have an iPhone.

Comment

I'm not sure what the numbers are on it, but I do know it helps raise stats at a faster rate, just like natures do.

They are all calculated into IVs...which I don't quite understand. I think if I did, I would probably shell myself up playing pokemon until I had the ultimate team with perfect IVs and EVs lol

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information